89 replies to this topic

#41 Mumbles

Mumbles

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

So should I send my new keyboard back because you don't like their new airplane game? :hrmm:

/firstworldproblems

#42 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

View PostJonay, on Feb 9 2012, 01:44 PM, said:

I don't mind the purchases for stuff - but if it EVER goes down the "rent for 3days" route like some other multiplayer games (BFP4F/KillZone etc).. :hrmm:
That's a completely different gaming model. B)

#43 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

I wouldn't mind giving Flight a shot...    if MS didn't charge for scenery.  If they opened up the whole world and made you pay for only aircraft, then I'd consider it...   but to charge for both?  I'll stick with FSX.

#44 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostSwitchFX, on Feb 10 2012, 09:10 AM, said:

That's a completely different gaming model. :hrmm:

I know, i know..

Infact - that's not such a bad idea! Hire the aircraft for a few days to see how it will impact performance etc...

#45 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

If I knew that Microsoft hand-modelled the terrain of various DLC locations, then perhaps it would be worth it. But they're selling automatically generated scenery for the most part, with the exception of a few major cities and geographic locations.

#46 tyrick69

tyrick69

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

View Postollyau, on Feb 6 2012, 07:12 PM, said:

For the lazy:

Hawaiian Adventure Pack - 1600 Microsoft Points ($20 USD).
Maule M-7-260C - 1200 Microsoft Points ($15 USD).
North American P-51 Mustang (no VC) -  640 Microsoft Points ($8 USD).

Total (just for addons available at release): $43 USD.

As opposed to FSX (Deluxe & Acceleration), with 23 aircraft, 107 missions, the whole world, and countless additional 3rd party addons, all at the price of $30 USD, I think the choice is clear.
I agree that this stuff is way overpriced but just a slight correction.  Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition was actually $70 US on it's release date.

#47 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

edit

Edited by _TW_, 29 February 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#48 Alex6714

Alex6714

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

I wasnīt really following this at all but I was aware of it. wth? Its not the whole world? What happens when you fly to the edge? I was going to try it when I had the time but I wonīt now. It sounds like the biggest failure since chernobyl.

I guess I donīt get it, but if this is the future of the gaming model I donīt think Ill be buying any more.. What happened to the good buy it, install it, play it. I donīt want to connect to a market place, I donīt want to have to download everything separately. I am against pirating games but this is the kind of thing that causes it...

#49 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

I wasn't even planning on wasting the HD space downloading the demo. I knew this game was set for failure as soon as MS announced it.

#50 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

forgetting the whole simulator aspect... the funniest part is that it's not even a good GAME :hrmm:

#51 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Has anyone bought anything for Flight?

#52 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Feb 29 2012, 01:37 PM, said:

I wasn't even planning on wasting the HD space downloading the demo. I knew this game was set for failure as soon as MS announced it.

This.

I never plan to put the game on my HDD never mind spend my hard earned cash on it.

#53 Jetset

Jetset

Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostChaoticBeauty, on Mar 2 2012, 09:19 PM, said:

Not yet but I'm tempted.  :hrmm:

#54 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm curious, what happens if you try to fly out of Hawaii?
I tried it in the FSX demo and there basically you would start flying over some kind of weird void. Like the whole world was basically there in a technical sense but it was just one giant round sphere with nothing on it (except for hawaii and some water around it).

#55 ollyau

ollyau

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Postniteye, on Mar 2 2012, 02:39 PM, said:

I'm curious, what happens if you try to fly out of Hawaii?
I tried it in the FSX demo and there basically you would start flying over some kind of weird void. Like the whole world was basically there in a technical sense but it was just one giant round sphere with nothing on it (except for hawaii and some water around it).
I don't think the aircraft have range to get to any other continent, but if you could, I presume you'd have a similar experience to what you get when you visit the other islands without having DLC.  If you zoom out from top down, you can still see the round Earth model, along with some basic landclass/DEM for the rest of the world.

Edited by ollyau, 03 March 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#56 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

View Postollyau, on Mar 3 2012, 07:13 PM, said:

I don't think the aircraft have range to get to any other continent, but if you could, I presume you'd have a similar experience to what you get when you visit the other islands without having DLC.  If you zoom out from top down, you can still see the round Earth model, along with some basic landclass/DEM for the rest of the world.

Yes, I guess you'll just see some really low-res scenery of the rest of the world.

By the way, since the map is limited and there isn't any fast aircraft, it would take a long time to reach USA from Hawaii.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty, 03 March 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#57 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostChaoticBeauty, on Mar 2 2012, 01:19 PM, said:

I didn't buy anything...I was a beta tester and because I was apparently one of their top contributors, I received all the DLC content for free for the release version. (all of Hawaii, RV-6A, Maule M7, and P-51) All of it is outstanding, especially the Maule M7. The P-51 is my least favorite...it doesn't have a VC, so I wouldn't bother getting it. But All of Hawaii and the Maule are a must if you really do enjoy what comes free.

PS: To all those wondering why I haven't posted here: Well, I'm not sure why. I haven't been able to get FSW to load for the past few months. I must have been banned or something, even though I didn't even do anything to cause it? (If I did, I'd appreciate a moderator PM'ing me to explain why)

View Post-Dexter, on Feb 10 2012, 04:18 AM, said:

If I knew that Microsoft hand-modelled the terrain of various DLC locations, then perhaps it would be worth it. But they're selling automatically generated scenery for the most part, with the exception of a few major cities and geographic locations.

Yes, because all of that extremely well blended photoreal ground around all airports and airstrips along with many land marks are auto-generated...

#58 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

the maule is outstanding.... funny, i c lots of reports that say it doesn't even have autopilot. wasn't that included in the fsx version?

Edited by jcovelli, 04 March 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#59 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

View Postjcovelli, on Mar 4 2012, 02:53 AM, said:

the maule is outstanding.... funny, i c lots of reports that say it doesn't even have autopilot. wasn't that included in the fsx version?
Hmm, I think I remember the Cessna 172 in FSX had autopilot, the Maule I don't remember, maybe I should check later today. But if the Maule in FSX has autopilot, and the P-51 has a VC, and the Flight counterparts don't, then I don't really know what kind of cliff Flight is heading towards. :hrmm:

Edited by niteye, 04 March 2012 - 03:12 AM.

#60 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

now that i think of it..... i don't recall seeing and autopilot command in the controls either..

and if you're thinking it's not a big deal... it is. first off, not having it modeled in a plane you paid for is fine... if it was noted and also not modeled. but considering there is no information about what is included... (no information anywhere.. about anything really) most ppl would assume it has one. the autopilot is also modeled in the plane.. with buttons... that don't function.  would anyone be happy with this?

second and especially for the maule, autopilot is a very important feature in real life. being used mostly in the bush for long distance flights in many lousy and low visibility conditions.. autopilot is a must have. a good bush pilot won't touch a plane without one.

Edited by jcovelli, 04 March 2012 - 03:26 AM.