Gallery Manager

• First Class Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:06 AM

KVNY, on Jan 10 2007, 12:55 AM, said:

89-LX, on Jan 9 2007, 09:54 PM, said:

KVNY, on Jan 9 2007, 11:32 PM, said:

seems quite obvious to me that the aircraft will take-off.  The question you have to ask yourself is howcan the conveyer belt keep the aircraft from moving forward.  The only point of contact the belt has with the aircraft is through the near frictionless landing gear system.  Unless the parking brake is on or someone has slashed all the tires, how can the belt possiblely create enough friction between it and the plane to overcome the thrust of the engine(s)?  What is stopping the aircraft from moving forward?
Safety. Tire speed would be too great.
Well, yeah, but this is a physics question. Forget saftey :lol: .  Fine, we'll assume that these are magic tires, that have no RPM limit.  now what is there to stop the aircraft?
Nothing at all.

#162 Chief_Bean

Chief_Bean

Cruising at FL150

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

89-LX, on Jan 10 2007, 03:06 PM, said:

KVNY, on Jan 10 2007, 12:55 AM, said:

89-LX, on Jan 9 2007, 09:54 PM, said:

KVNY, on Jan 9 2007, 11:32 PM, said:

seems quite obvious to me that the aircraft will take-off.  The question you have to ask yourself is howcan the conveyer belt keep the aircraft from moving forward.  The only point of contact the belt has with the aircraft is through the near frictionless landing gear system.  Unless the parking brake is on or someone has slashed all the tires, how can the belt possiblely create enough friction between it and the plane to overcome the thrust of the engine(s)?  What is stopping the aircraft from moving forward?
Safety. Tire speed would be too great.
Well, yeah, but this is a physics question. Forget saftey :lol: .  Fine, we'll assume that these are magic tires, that have no RPM limit.  now what is there to stop the aircraft?
Nothing at all.
Precisely!

What is annoying me about this is that nobody wants to read the information/watch the videos provided because they are so adamant that their point of view is correct :P Then they just start to be disrespectful :lol:

#163 FL050

FL050

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

TomohawK, on Jan 9 2007, 04:22 PM, said:

Cant help but laught at some of you guys  :lol:
I can't help but laugh at your replies.

Not to make fun of, but I think the OP is meaning the speed of the wheels.

If that is the case, the wheels have absolutely no bearing on how the aircraft moves.  Imagine the plane is floating in the air and that is your concept.  Now if it is floating, how does it move?  There is your answer.  All the wheels do is allow it to roll on the ground.  All the movement is provided by the engines.  No, the engines don't produce lift, they produce thrust.  Thrust will propel the aircraft forward and therefore air will start flowing over the wings - there is your lift.

The wheels have NO BEARING on how the aircraft moves.  Imagine the plane is floating.

Edited by FL050, 10 January 2007 - 05:03 PM.