23 replies to this topic

#1 flapane

flapane

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

does anyone have any good tricks for doing tthat? I googled around this and I've foud some guys with a working pai on their fsx

#2 alex330

alex330

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

As you can see on www.projectai.com under http://www.projectai...ges/special.php, there is no installer for fsx yet.

Up to today there is no flightplan, ai aircraft or traffic bgl around which is made using the new fsx code. Somewhere in the projectai forums I read that they hope to have an fsx compatible installer in a few months. Until then the only possibility to have projectai traffic in fsx is to copy the traffic bgls from fs2004 over to fsx. If you do so, you have to copy your ai aircraft as well. You will have to put up with some compatibility issues like black textures in the distance for example, incorrect working ai and the loss of fsx default traffic.
Corruption of fsx default traffic file has been rumoured to happen when using "old" fs2004 bgls, but I haven't found any confirmation of that. To my knowledge, old bgls only disable the fsx bgls. However, everything you do in this respect you do at your own risk of course :lol:

The same issues as above apply to the woai installer, which *does* work with fsx. I use it and I'm quite happy with it, apart from the above mentioned drawbacks.
I'm sure that in a year's time there will be genuine fsx traffic files floating around and projectai will have worked out a way to make their traffic work in fsx :lol:

Best regards
Alex

#3 flapane

flapane

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

thanks for your reply.
That's true, unfortunately I installed months ago some woai pkgs and they disabled 99% of default fsx ai traffic. So I am alone in the whole South America, because there isn't fsx traffic or woai center/south american ai traffic. Only some Delta or AA aircrafts :lol:

#4 james_macnair

james_macnair

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

world of ai (google it) is the best traffic pack for fsx. it has an fsx installer, and there are new airlines added every week. all the major airlines are there as we speak.

#5 flapane

flapane

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

read my last post :lol:

#6 MrSteve

MrSteve

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

flapane, on Jan 2 2007, 03:40 PM, said:

read my last post :lol:
To much reading I guess :lol:

About your Stock AI... I am sure that they are still there just for some reason the file is not correctly named (not sure why that would be)...

Go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" and look for a file called "TrafficAircraft.bgl" and make sure that file is named as I have put here, pay attention to the bgl, make sure it is correct. In any case that is the file that FSX AI is ran from, that file being misnamed is the only reason I can think of why you are not getting AI over in South America.

#7 flapane

flapane

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

mmm it seems that this file has been deleted from WOAI installer, because I can see only woai bgl files
Posted Image

and probably that's the reason why I can't find any ai traffic where there aren't any woai aircrafts.
What should I do to recover that file and adding it to the whole world fsx AI?
t.i.a

#8 MrSteve

MrSteve

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

flapane, on Jan 2 2007, 06:01 PM, said:

mmm it seems that this file has been deleted from WOAI installer, because I can see only woai bgl files
Posted Image

and probably that's the reason why I can't find any ai traffic where there aren't any woai aircrafts.
What should I do to recover that file and adding it to the whole world fsx AI?
t.i.a
Well 2 things we can do.

1... Uninstall WOAI and hope it puts the file back.

2... I can send you the file in a WinRAR if your email can handle 13.6mb (size is 22mb before compression) or tell me where to up load it to.

If you want it emailed PM me the info.

#9 trekalized

trekalized

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

If you use the WOAI installer to UNinstall the packages, you should get your default AI back. I did. I lost all my GA AI when I installed WOAI packages. My original TrafficAircraft.bgl was still there after I installed, but for whatever reason all my GA was gone. I uninstalled and everything went back to normal. It's always a good idea to back up your original before you ever install a package, but in this case, it didn't matter. Everything was fine after the uninstall.

#10 MrSteve

MrSteve

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

trekalized... But you had your file, flapane says for whatever reason that file is gone... Not sure why that would happen. I have installed and removed WOAI and never lost my stock AI... I did rename the file so I wouldn't have any stock AI, maybe that is why I never lost my stock AI file?

#11 trekalized

trekalized

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, if he doesn't have the file anymore than he's stuck. I didn't rename mine. All I did was make a copy of it for backup. It just seemed that as soon as I installed the WOAI stuff, it just overrode my default traffic files. I like having a mix of traffic, and it kind of bums me out that I'm watching Pacifica and World Travel buzz around my virtual skys. I know there are ways to do it, but I'm way too lazy right now.  :lol:

#12 MrSteve

MrSteve

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

You can add http://www.ultimatega.com to FSX, just down load each file and place them in the...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

With doing that, you will be all set with GA

EDIT... Well more to it then I said above, added the aircraft as well  :lol:

Edited by MrSteve, 02 January 2007 - 09:50 PM.

#13 trekalized

trekalized

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

I used to have ultimateGA set up in FS9, and there's no doubt it works nice. Only thing is I also like to see the little slow-pokes doing touch-n-go's and local flights, and ultimateGA doesn't have as much as I want. It's nostalgic for me I guess. I know how to set all that up, but I really don't have the time or patience right now to work on it.

Anyways, I've hijacked flapane's thread enough. All he can do is hope an uninstall will fix it, or get the file from someone I guess. Best of luck.

#14 flapane

flapane

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:39 AM

ok I've sent you my email, let's hope I can restore my default fsx ai traffic in the places where there aren't any WOAI flight plans.
Who knows why did the woai installer delete the original bgl... :lol:

#15 suddste

suddste

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

james_macnair, on Jan 2 2007, 02:30 PM, said:

world of ai (google it) is the best traffic pack for fsx. it has an fsx installer, and there are new airlines added every week. all the major airlines are there as we speak.
where is the link for the download? I cant find it anywhere.

#16 flapane

flapane

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:58 AM

http://www.google.it...on Google&meta=

#17 suddste

suddste

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:01 AM

flapane, on Jan 3 2007, 07:58 AM, said:

yes, but I cant find the download link there. :lol:  :lol:

#18 MrSteve

MrSteve

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

suddste, on Jan 3 2007, 09:01 AM, said:

flapane, on Jan 3 2007, 07:58 AM, said:

yes, but I cant find the download link there. :lol:  :lol:
Go here http://www.world-of-ai.com and look at the lower part of the page.

#19 Chris598

Chris598

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

suddste, on Jan 3 2007, 07:56 AM, said:

james_macnair, on Jan 2 2007, 02:30 PM, said:

where is the link for the download? I cant find it anywhere.

you have to click on the airline picture

Edited by Chris598, 03 January 2007 - 08:43 AM.

#20 flapane

flapane

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

Unfortunately I downloaded your bgl file (http://library.avsim....php?DLID=95781) but it seems nothing has changed :lol:
###### fsx...