#1 ken0311

ken0311

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:23 AM

hi guys!

just wondering how does one enable the autoland feature on FSX.  what is the correct method for doing it, is there a certain procedure? i've only done it once before on FS2004 but when i tried doing it for X the plane would suddenly plummet towards the earth! :angry:

what i do is select the ILS frequency for the runway on my nav1 and nav2 radios and make them active then turn on the autopilot approach buttons.  is this correct way of doing it?

cheers guys!  :lol:

#2 Salem

Salem

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

hi, auto-land itself is not present in FSX. you can do the procedures and let the auto pilot center you to the runway and descend through the glide slope but at around 300-400 AGL (depending on your aircraft) you should disengage AP and flare/touchdown manually although sometimes i let the AP do the whole thing but it needs some practice and proper speed configurations.
make sure you are no more out than around 15NMs of the runway and within 40 degrees of rwy course(not sure of the latter.)
1) Put the ILS runway frequency in your NAV 1 radio and then activate NAV1, DME and MKR(not sure of spelling)

2)Make sure your NAV/GPS button is switch to NAV.

3)Activate the APP button on your AP and watch the AP doing the job.
hope that helps u

#3 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

PilotInTraining? you sure know alot for a trainee :angry: but you did hit the nail on the head :lol: :lol:

there is no autoland in FSX- maybe someday in addon planes, but not now...

and besides, landing manually is fun! :wub:

#4 ken0311

ken0311

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:35 AM

ah thats probably why i hit the ground before i get to the runway...my nav/gps button is always on gps... :angry:  i wonder if that's the problem? :lol:

how do you activate DME and MKR?

yeah i always go manual at around 300' or at the decision height.

cheers guys!  :lol:

#5 katynball

katynball

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

Auto land may work once in a while but I found most of the time the frout landing great would collaspe because the down force is too much.  I only had once or twise worked by itself.  I normally will this-engage the auto pilot when the flight is about 1000ft above the ground.