17 replies to this topic

#1 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

I have been using the tweek MipBias=4 and after a flight I checked in the cfg file and it disappears, why this has happened several times in the last couple of days, I don't know

Also then I see ProcSpeed=2000 and PerfBucket=6 which I have deleted and keeps on coming up ?

Maybe someone can help me with these two issues, should I delete my cfg file I don't know what to do

Would greatly qappreciate any help on these two issues, and one other thing if I would delete my cfg file does that effects sp1 as well, cuase I know after a flight it makes one up

#2 HybridPilot

HybridPilot

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

Do you have FSX running when you go into FSX.cfg?

#3 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

I can put tweek MipBias=4 into the cfg file 6  and 7 did not work for me
after the tweek is in the cfg file and even after I take a short flight 10 minutes or whatever, I check cfg file and the tweek is gone.

It's like a hoodini trick, here it is, here I am not

Why this happening I have no diea maybe some suggestions or has this happened to anybody else?  I've used other tweeks and they don't disapear?

very strange

#4 Joey_McCoy

Joey_McCoy

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

By Phil Taylor:

Its come to my attention that various people and forums are suggesting tweaks to the ProcSpeed and Perfbucket values in the config file.

Folks, I hate to tell you, but this is the placebo effect.

We generate those numbers at startup and use them to set the default slider values.

PerfBuckets range from 1-7 and correspond to Minimal, Very Low, Low, Medium Low, Medium High, High, Ultra High.

Procspeed is generated by some code we run on the CPU, to help bucket your CPU.  

The procspeed and information about your graphics hw contributes to your default PerfBucket setting. Customizing your settings moves you out of the default PerfBucket setting, but there is no "number" for that.

They are not used beyond default settings, and we do not "read" the values back out of the config - they are "write only". We use them internally in our labs as extra verification of hw, there is no use in changing them. If you think that changing them is doing something, its not.

By Gary Summons:

Gary Summons reports that adding

[DISPLAY.Device.xxx.0]
MipBias=6

To your fsx.cfg file reduces or eliminates the blurries especially with photo-scenery

Note: xxx is whatever your fsx.cfg shows for your graphics config.

I have seen people try values of 4-7 with varying success as well.

Thanks to weeniemcween on avsim.com, if this tweak induces shimmer in the trees, there are 2 things to try:

1) nhancer nvidia control panel, turn supersampling on ( ati must have an equivalent, I just don't know it )

2) if the 4x4 overdraw from 1 is killing your perf, try setting "Negative LOD BIAS" to "Clamp" rather than "Allow"

#5 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

but my issue is the fact that it disappears after a flight in the cfg file MipBias=4, I'm still confused why? and how to fix it, yeah thats where I got the tweek reading Phils buildings listed under favorites

#6 Joey_McCoy

Joey_McCoy

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

Well i peronaly use MipBias=6 and everything is fine. And about ProcSpeed and Perfbucket you have it explained. No use in changing anything since it's write only. But can't help you with MipBias, it works for me.

#7 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

McCoy thanks I appreciate the info it weird that the mip bias gets lost in my cfg file

#8 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:01 AM

I just can't get this took a flight from Baltimore to Charlottle NorthCarolina and guess what prior to the flight MipBias=4 was in the cfg file, I figured when I finally landed in Charlottle to check cfg file MipBias=4 IS NOT THERE
by the way I tried 6 and 5 and they just did not work , but do you believe this.

I mean I do know how to play around a bit with the cfg file, but not too be repititous keeps on dissapearing after each flight.  W hat the ___ is going on here?

anybody who uses this tweek would really like some feedback thanks so much

#9 Joey_McCoy

Joey_McCoy

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:43 AM

Are you sure you have it in a right section? Well you probably do, but i ask anyway...

I don't know what this tweak does to performance or anything else, it should reduce blurries it says. Do you even have problems with blurries? If not, you might not deal with it and leave it the way it is...:angry: I had a lot of problems with BANDWITH_MULT so i just keep it the way it is and not deal with it...much better for my nerves :lol:

Edited by McCoy, 06 June 2007 - 06:43 AM.

#10 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

yeah you know I am just going to do a reinstall and clean install

#11 reider

reider

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

What about, cut the present fsx.cfg and paste it somewhere on the desktop.  Start with no fsx.cfg and let it build its own, put some loose settings in and let it restart.  Afterwards paste the parts carefully from one to the other, checking and double checking all is present and correct.  Then finalise the changes, make a flight, restart and see what happens.....

Reider

#12 RonL

RonL

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

View Postrsperge, on Jun 6 2007, 03:01 AM, said:

I just can't get this took a flight from Baltimore to Charlottle NorthCarolina and guess what prior to the flight MipBias=4 was in the cfg file, I figured when I finally landed in Charlottle to check cfg file MipBias=4 IS NOT THERE
by the way I tried 6 and 5 and they just did not work , but do you believe this.

I mean I do know how to play around a bit with the cfg file, but not too be repititous keeps on dissapearing after each flight.  W hat the ___ is going on here?

anybody who uses this tweek would really like some feedback thanks so much

Works for me.  Not much help to you though.

#13 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:57 PM

hhey guys thanks for the advise i just did a reinstall install,did not put MipBias=4 in yet doing one tweek at a time

One thing I already I noticed a difference is that when I was in the Vc the last few days it was jerky stuttering now its smooth.  

I also defrag as well but I wil get back to theis MipBias=4 hopefully today maybe its fixed.

#14 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

just tok a real short flight in Seattle, after reinstallling fsx and here we go again MipBias=4 under display with radeon card
first pic before flight put tweek in its there, after flight  GONE,  what is up with this,  I mean any other tweek that I do in my cfg file never get changed  this is really confusing.  I wonder if anybody else is having the same issue, you can see that I am putting it in the right place of cfg file man i don't get this one.its in here  before flight
Posted Image

now itsd gone after flight
Posted Image

#15 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

just curious if anybody has a solution for this issue, and yes I did a reinstall and intall today as well, to see if it could be fixed  MIP BIAS where are you going ?

#16 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

cany anybody figure out why this is happening withthis MipBias tweek, after  a flight it dissappears from my cfg file, happens all time, ther is an example below, need help on this one puzzeling

#17 dg3274

dg3274

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

I think the problem is that 4 is not an allowed value for MipBias according to this thread at AVSIM:
http://forums.avsim....o...1085&page=2

I tried 4 and mine doesn't stick either. I tried 6 and it stays.

#18 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

thanks I checked it out unfortunately 5 and 6 don't work for me increases flickering, but they did not getLOST IN THE CFG FILE,  mso theirs the ansswer, thanks