IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

Lateral-G PM'd me earlier about a "find" he made:

I ran across this new tool for FSX:
http://www.flight1.c...p?product=afxv1
Looks and feels like Lee Swordy's AFCAD program, but this one has a shared copyright between Flight1 and Konstantin Kukushkin.  A couple of new tools that permit creation of taxiway signs and exclusion zones.  It works with both FS9 and FSX.  Looks and functions just like Lee's AFCAD v2.21 for FS9.

Non-commercial (freeware design) is US$29.95, and US$199.95 for the commerical package (payware design).

Edited by sarge, 29 August 2007 - 02:31 PM.

#2 JetBlast

JetBlast

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:49 PM

no it's not lee's one, it's built from scratch.
great tool imo

#3 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

View PostA L I, on Aug 29 2007, 03:49 PM, said:

no it's not lee's one,
I didn't say it was; I said it looks and functions like Lee's program.  Even the ParkingSpecs.txt file is nearly identical.  Looks like someone took Lee's code for FS9, adapted it to also function with FSX, added Vladimir Slovoba's CreatSign, and incorporated an XML routine to write exclusion zones.  The main screen (except for button placements on the top toolbar) is the same as Lee's program, even the main screen coloring is the same.

It IS a new product, but -- as I said -- it looks and functions like Lee's AFCAD program.  AFCAD users who decide to pay for the program should have no problem transitioning.  (Konstantin is a university student in Munich, Germany and does work for Abacus Software.)

Edited by sarge, 29 August 2007 - 03:32 PM.

#4 JetBlast

JetBlast

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

View Postsarge, on Aug 29 2007, 03:10 PM, said:

View PostA L I, on Aug 29 2007, 03:49 PM, said:

no it's not lee's one,
I didn't say it was; I said it looks and functions like Lee's program.  Even the ParkingSpecs.txt file is nearly identical.  Looks like someone took Lee's code for FS9, adapted it to also function with FSX, added Vladimir Slovoba's CreatSign, and incorporated an XML routine to write exclusion zones.  The main screen (except for button placements on the top toolbar) is the same as Lee's program, even the main screen coloring is the same.

It IS a new product, but -- as I said -- it looks and functions like Lee's AFCAD program.  AFCAD users who decide to pay for the program should have no problem transitioning.  (Konstantin is a university student in Munich, Germany and does work for Abacus Software.)
well let's imagine it was lee's program, they absolutely had the permission to use his code.
im with u though on the price  :lol:

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

Okay; a couple of problems (cosmetic, really) with Konstantin's Airport Facilitator X, aka AFX:

1.  If you open an AFCAD v2.21 produced aiport with a runway that has overruns, you will see that the overruns are marked with yellow "chevrons" to identify it separately from the runway itself.  If you recreate that AFCAD using AFX, the overruns will identify as a black-lined rectangle, but no yellow markings.  You won't know for sure if the markings are there until you open the airport in FS9/FSX and taxi to them.

2.  AFX's "Fault Finder" erroneously reports some nodes as "not connected" when, in fact, they are connected.  When AFX reports unconnected nodes, select VIEW on the upper toolbar and then uncheck SHOW NODES/LINKS/PARKING.  Zoom in on the reported node and look to see if the taxi lines are displayed correctly; if they are, then the error report itself is erroneous.

One other feature I've found in AFX that does not exist in AFCAD v2.21 is the ability to place a background image on the screen.  This is particular beneficial if you are trying to precisely recreate/modify an airport for which you have an accurate image.  I haven't played with this feature too much, so I don't know what size image would be required to make placements of runways, taxiways, etc. accurate in terms of size.

I'm trying to find an email address to notify Konstantin of the two faults (above).

#6 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

Reference my last post (above):

Error 1 in AFX:
Posted Image

Error 2 in AFX:
Posted Image

#7 Pierre.

Pierre.

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

Thank you sarge for that!

#8 RIDZ_YSSY

RIDZ_YSSY

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

Yeh this is a great tool i recommend it but how do i put a background image in AFX? i know you can do that in a similar tool designed just for fsx.