• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

Duke, on Sep 12 2007, 02:03 AM, said:

___, on Sep 11 2007, 08:35 PM, said:

Duke, on Sep 11 2007, 05:03 PM, said:

___, on Sep 11 2007, 05:27 PM, said:

Hey Tim, I have always wondered, are you an A.net screener?

:lol:
What? It's a good question. He seems to know a lot about the stuff.

True, but if you click the link in his sig, he has a sole photo on A.net. I can imagine that any screener would have more than one photograph in the database, to have a complete understanding of the screening standards (inside and out, living and breathing them).
No I'm not a screener. But (from personal experience) I know what generally can and can't make it.

As for one photo, that's all I really want. It got over 1,000 views, top of the last 24 hours and was published. Pretty good going for my first photo which got accepted (the others which were screened around 3 years earlier which all got rejected but didn't count on my acceptance ratio, which has no sadly dropped from 100% to 50% :lol:).

#42 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:35 PM

Yeah we're not jetphotos.net or airliners.net screeners here but we can give you a pretty good idea whether it will make it or not and some are kinda iffy cause sometimes jetphotos.net slips and lets some stuff go by... from my experiences and from other people's thats what ive seen, Allthough there are obvious things you guys should be checking out before you post in here you should check these things:

-Is my photo level?
-Is my photo properly lit? (i.e. not backlit)
-Is my photo up to snuff with the strict quality?
-Is my photo cropped correctly (is the aircraft framed right in your photo...)
-Is this a good motive? (pictures of an airplane window or an engine or of the shiny propeller nose cone would be examples of bad motive)
-If I were a screener would I accept this photo into the database? (if the answer is no you shouldn't be uploading it because you waste the screener's time)

These are questions you should be asking yourself before blindly posting in here for more critique if you are unsure of any of these or you would like to be more educated we who are experienced are more than glad to give you editing tips or comments on what you could do to improve the photo and improve future spotting trips...

Guys that know please let me know if I missed any "Questions you should ask yourself" cause I know I didn't cover all of them. Thanks

-AmericanAirFan

#43 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:42 AM

I don't really think any of these are a.net quality (although please tell me what you think); I'll share them anyway. Taken a long time ago. I may have infact posted them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

They're good. Get rid of the Dust Spots, and add some saturation and they should get onto jp.net no problem :lol:

#45 as737700

as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

dolbinau:

1.Horizon unlevel, too much dead space, weird cropping, dust spot
2. Maybe good for jetphotos.net.  It may be part of aircraft cut off though.
3. Part of aircraft cut off (the tip of the horizontal stabalizer)
4. I actually really like that shot :lol:  If you lighten it up a bit and crop it a little bit it would probably make jp.net, not sure about a.net
5. Weird cropping
6. Not sure about the reason, but I don't think so.

Edited by as737700, 13 September 2007 - 05:15 PM.

#46 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

Thanks :lol:, They were also all taken with a fisheye lens - I'm not sure if that changes/explains anything though :lol:.

#47 Tako

Tako

Edited SS Hotshot of 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

Reason(s) For Rejection:
- Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
- Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
- Bad Info in the following field(s): Serial Number/CN
Posted Image

Reason(s) For Rejection:
- Cropping / Photo edges
Posted Image

Any fixes? I give up on JP.net... :lol:

#48 as737700

as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

tako, on Sep 13 2007, 04:13 PM, said:

Reason(s) For Rejection:
I actually don't really understand the over processed rejection with this one, maybe someone else can help you out.

The aircraft seems to be closer to the left side of the picture (notice the left engine is closer to the side of the photo than the right side is).  

Bad Info: pretty self-explanatory.  I'm guessing you didn't know the registration of the aircraft and left it blank.  From what I read on the forums, not noting the registration down isn't a good enough excuse for not entering the registration.  Look at some other pics that you took of that plane and find out what the registration is, I can try to help you if you can only see part of it or something...if you don't have any other pics...make up a registration :lol:

Reason(s) For Rejection:
- Cropping / Photo edges

There are two common reasons as to why you get that rejection from jetphotos.
a. you rotated the photo to level it and the background color can be seen at the edge of the photo
or
b. The photo wasn't resized between a 3:2 or 4:3 ratio (which is actually a new rule).

Since it don't think it's the first reason, it's probably the second.  Try cropping the photo again with the correct ratio.
http://forums.jetpho...ead.php?t=40085

I'm not sure if it's just me...but it also looks like the picture is leaning to the left.

Edited by as737700, 13 September 2007 - 07:59 PM.

#49 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:41 AM

Tub_O_Girl, on Sep 13 2007, 09:48 PM, said:

They're good. Get rid of the Dust Spots, and add some saturation and they should get onto jp.net no problem :lol:
You havn't go a clue have you?  :lol:

#50 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

as737700, on Sep 13 2007, 07:56 PM, said:

Reason(s) For Rejection:
I actually don't really understand the over processed rejection with this one, maybe someone else can help you out.

The aircraft seems to be closer to the left side of the picture (notice the left engine is closer to the side of the photo than the right side is).  

Bad Info: pretty self-explanatory.  I'm guessing you didn't know the registration of the aircraft and left it blank.  From what I read on the forums, not noting the registration down isn't a good enough excuse for not entering the registration.  Look at some other pics that you took of that plane and find out what the registration is, I can try to help you if you can only see part of it or something...if you don't have any other pics...make up a registration :lol:

Reason(s) For Rejection:
- Cropping / Photo edges

There are two common reasons as to why you get that rejection from jetphotos.
a. you rotated the photo to level it and the background color can be seen at the edge of the photo
or
b. The photo wasn't resized between a 3:2 or 4:3 ratio (which is actually a new rule).

Since it don't think it's the first reason, it's probably the second.  Try cropping the photo again with the correct ratio.
http://forums.jetpho...ead.php?t=40085

I'm not sure if it's just me...but it also looks like the picture is leaning to the left.

100% spot on Derin, sometimes screeners won't reject the photo for all the reasons it should be and pick the big ones but that 2nd photo is definitely unlevel as Derin said it needs some CW (clockwise) rotation.

Also as far as registration, you should always always alwayss get the n# of every plane you shot for your own personal note and for jetphotos.net if you decide to upload, I often take a photo specifically aimed at the registration # so I'm always sure to have it.

-AmericanAirFan

#51 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

AmericanAirFan, on Sep 14 2007, 05:22 AM, said:

Also as far as registration, you should always always alwayss get the n# of every plane you shot for your own personal note and for jetphotos.net if you decide to upload, I often take a photo specifically aimed at the registration # so I'm always sure to have it.

-AmericanAirFan
good way to guess too though is look up shots of that aircraft model under that airline at that airport, and the N# you see most there will probably be it since airlines have got aircraft doing the same routes over and over.

of course it won't work at a big airline hub, but you get my point at smaller destinations :lol:

#52 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:24 AM

Tim., on Sep 14 2007, 07:41 AM, said:

Tub_O_Girl, on Sep 13 2007, 09:48 PM, said:

They're good. Get rid of the Dust Spots, and add some saturation and they should get onto jp.net no problem :censored:
You havn't go a clue have you?  :lol:

Dude... you can p-off! Sick of obnoxious people on fsw. I've had it! I really have. God all I was doing was helping him out. FYI I did a tut. on helping people with photos, and I do have several photos on Jet Photos.net. The reason  my reply was short was because of the fact that  I didn't have time. But I did give him tips on how to edit it.

^^^ lol, you should have seen that before I edited :lol:

Edited by Tub_O_Girl, 14 September 2007 - 10:28 AM.

#53 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

Sure your trying to help people, but the advice your giving them is flawed. And the sooner they find this out when their shots are rejected the better.

#54 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

Tim., on Sep 14 2007, 04:12 PM, said:

Sure your trying to help people, but the advice your giving them is flawed. And the sooner they find this out when their shots are rejected the better.

So you're saying my Tut. is giving false information?

And at least I'm helping. Not to say you aren't, but at least I am!

#55 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

Tub_O_Girl, on Sep 14 2007, 07:42 PM, said:

I'm not talking about your tutorial, I'm talking about posts like you've made in this topic.

#56 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

Tim., on Sep 14 2007, 06:29 PM, said:

Tub_O_Girl, on Sep 14 2007, 07:42 PM, said:

I'm not talking about your tutorial, I'm talking about posts like you've made in this topic.

Well fair enough. I shall cease to post here.

Maybe we should rename this thread "Let Tim Do Judging"

Or even more aptly named "Tim knows Best"

#57 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:46 PM

Or Call a waste of posting thread keep it to the PMs guys... Anyone is welcome to post what they think can be done for a photo but be aware people can be corrected not everyone is perfect...

#58 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

My top 3 from summer holidays,

http://jetphotos.net....php?id=1594979

http://jetphotos.net....php?id=1594989

http://jetphotos.net....php?id=1594998

?