3 replies to this topic

#1 Fokker_F27

Fokker_F27

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:44 AM

Can Afcad modify the layer of an afcad? For some reason I have a duplicate default afcad on the same layer as the add-on, so I thought it would be easier to change the layer then trying to delete it.

#2 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:14 AM

No I think all afcad related scenery is all displayed on the same layer (the lowest), so I think you'll have to find it & delete/rename it. The AFCAD program will identify the filenames for you.

#3 Fokker_F27

Fokker_F27

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:20 PM

The 'load afcad' window shows different layers for different afcads, though.

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

View PostFokker_F27, on Nov 1 2007, 12:20 PM, said:

The 'load afcad' window shows different layers for different afcads, though.
All AFCADs (produced with Lee Swordy's AFCAD v2.21) are non-value layers, with the default airport usually having a value of 8 (depending on how detailed Microsoft made the airport).  Anything in a scenery with a higher value will block out the default AFCAD display.  If you use Lee's program to modify the airport, it automatically picks up a layer value between 46 and 53 (depending on how much stuff you put into the AFCAD that isn't in the default airport like parking ramps, taxiways, extra runways, overruns, etc).  The levels are hard-coded into Lee's program, and the levels for the default airports are hard-coded into MSFS.

If you want to delete the default airport, you're going to have to write an XML file using the bglcomp "Delete Airport" arguments, then compile it to a .bgl using bglcomp.  If it's an add-on airport you want to delete, just open it in AFCAD, right click, select properties, look at the bottom line of the pop-up box that appears to find the filename and directory, then goto that directory through My Computer or Windows Explorer and delete the add-on.  Under no circumstances should you have more than two AFCADs of the same airport -- the default, and one add-on.  More than that and you start getting framerate problems, texture flashing, etc., due to the conflicts between the multiple airports.