#1 SummitDesign

SummitDesign

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

hi all,

im looking for custom ai . for princess juialia airport and would like to add airlines such as BA thomsonfly and monarch into there.

how do i got about doing this i have world of ai packages for thomsongly and monarch so i could just edit the Flight plan but if its world of ai do i just decompile it in traffic tools and change the flightplan the the correct airport code and positions.

when decompliing where do the files go in order for me to change them because you then need to complie them back

#2 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

I take it that those airlines don't serve Juliana. Certainly the airport's site at http://www.pjiae.com/main.html doesn't show them.

I guess one answer would be to find plans for a UK or European airline that does go there and grab some of the flightplans to use with Thomsonfly  or Monarch paints. You need of course to have some program to compile and decompile, I assume you have the old favourite, "Traffic Tools".

OK, simple high points. If the plans you use don't already have decompiled text files in the package, put the traffic###.bgl into FS9/scenery/world/scenery. (I am assuming you yuse FS2004, don't know if FSX is similar).

Make a folder for the decompiled plans anywhere that suits you - in the Microsoft Games folder or whatever, as long as you can find it. Call it what you like - "Flightplans" is fine.

Open Traffic Tools. One of the buttons at top left ("Files" or something, I think) lets you select your "source" folder - which is the one for the decompiled plans - and your FS2004 default traffic folder - which is ..scenery/world/scenery, where you put the traffic BGL.

Browse in TTools to your newly-created folder for the decompiled plans, as the source folder, and select it. Select the default traffic folder for FS2004. TTools should find it on its own, at worst you may need to browse to it too.

Now, from the right hand window (the default traffic folder) select the plans to decompile. Hit the decompile buttin, which is between the two windows.

You should have three text files appear in your new folder (the left window). You can go to that folder, play with the files and then re-compile in TTools.

As I said, it may be easier (though not "realistic", but it's your FS!) to add entry in the aircraft list for Thompsonfly and Monarch AI paints; then grab a few flightplans from an airline that serves Juliana and paste them into the Thomsonfly or Monarch plans, and change the aircraft number ("AC#xx") to match the numbers of the paint for Thomsonfly or Monarch in your list.