2 replies to this topic

#1 danielisaiah

danielisaiah

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

I was wondering if there were any addons out there that gives us a a better default GPS other than the standard "500" model, such as the "530" .I realize that we have the G1000's if you have the "FSX deluxe" edition, but even that has limited functionality from the real thing....

Basicly I'm wondering if there is a hyper real GPS addon which includes recent updates like Traffic and WAAS functionality...and possibly expands other features as well.

thanks for any replies!

#2 SuperCar1000

SuperCar1000

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

View Postdanielisaiah, on Jan 3 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

I was wondering if there were any addons out there that gives us a a better default GPS other than the standard "500" model, such as the "530" .I realize that we have the G1000's if you have the "FSX deluxe" edition, but even that has limited functionality from the real thing....

Basicly I'm wondering if there is a hyper real GPS addon which includes recent updates like Traffic and WAAS functionality...and possibly expands other features as well.

thanks for any replies!

They should call this "Flight Simulator X Limited"....

No update insight

:lol:
Keven

#3 reider

reider

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

Ok, lets say you get enhanced Garmin modules, what use are they going to be to you?  The aircraft are not programmed to use them.....  No more patches are planned until the advent of FS11.  You already have an adequate GPS in the form of the 295, 500 and the 1000 for the glass cockpit, that does the job.  The 1000 can be utilized in other aircraft too with a bit of deft file manipulation.  How you work out this is limited is beyond me.

Reider