• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Bman.

Bman.

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

Welcome to the new sub-forum The Places We Fly. This idea has been on the boards for a couple of months now and by the enthusiasm of many members on this forum and the efforts from Brad, this sub-forum has finally taken off.  

In case some of you have missed the threads discussing why FSW should have such a sub-forum the main reason is to gain a perspective and insight to new locations that you and I would not typically fly otherwise.   I have found myself many times loading up my favorite flight sim, arriving at the free flight main menu and asking myself 'Where should I fly today'?  On more than one occasion I have found myself out of ideas which ultimately resulted in flying at / near my own geographical region.  There is nothing wrong with this of course because it's familiar and always fun.  However, I couldn't help but feel that I was missing the other 99% of the globe to fly, experience and enjoy.  Whether it be scenic locations, mountainous regions, difficult approaches, interesting airports or entertaining routes - I have been missing everything that the simulator has to offer.

Flight Simulator World has provided the perfect platform for folks to share their favorite, most recent or simply newly found places to fly.  The fact that members are scattered all over the globe provides an excellent place for people such as myself who are not geographical gurus to find new and exciting places to fly.

With this being said - dig in, post your favorite flights and explorer all the places you have never been before.

Bman.

Edited by Bman., 12 March 2008 - 04:46 PM.