6 replies to this topic

#1 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

Does anyone know of any good VHHH scenery already out or in the making for FSX? I want to fly real flight and not Kai Tak. I know there is a good package for FS9 but I'm not sure if it would work on FSX.

#2 reider

reider

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:53 AM

Go to Avsim File Library, use Kai Tak FSX as the search term.  Get all the stuff from Jim Vile (jv in the file name), he knows more about the airport than the owners.  What he hasn`t learned about making virtual airports isn`t worth knowing, and they are always based on the real life airport itself.  Cross wind approaches, anything that FSX cannot do, Jim forces it to do it.

I have it here on my setup and have for some time.  I redirected some traffic from the new Hong Kong airport to the old one.  The scenery, effects and the approach are superb!  This is payware quality as freeware.  Hope this helps, enjoy.

Reider

#3 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

well I don't want kai tak scenery. I want the new airport. Thanks for your help though.

#4 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

VHHH....umm check youtube.

#5 flowmp

flowmp

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

View PostPeter797, on Jun 22 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

VHHH....umm check youtube.
LMAO :lol:

#6 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

whats youtube gotta do with it?

#7 reider

reider

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Sorry my mistake, most people ask for the old airport.  This one is not made by Jim Vile but he and Reggie Fields did give advise on the subject.  The following is a description from Avsim and attributable to that site and the download author only.

As requested, This BGL file is only for the FSX default airport: many gates resized where possible with assigned parking including extra parking and additional fuel trucks, the support Vehicle road has been completely rebuilt across the entire airport and Linked together including the Cargo area, this gives easier access for the support vehicles, this has now virtually eliminated support vehicles from using the taxiways and causing holdups, airport views are from inside the control tower (when in tower view) my thanks to Jim Vile and Reggie Fields for their information to get these files operating in FSX, please view the readme before installation, fully tested with Ultimate Traffic but not required

I am led to believe this is freeware but payware quality.  If this fits the bill then please go to Avsim, File Library and use VHHH FSX as the search term.  I am further led to believe no payware products have been made or currently planned.

Reider

Edited by reider, 22 June 2008 - 03:13 PM.