1 reply to this topic

#1 Ron Waite

Ron Waite

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

Hey guys, I downloaded the Gibraltar scenery from AVSIM by Michael Magner and I am trying to edit his AFCAD2 file so that taxiway lines appear in-game, they problem is that they won't appear. In AFCAD2, I have made sure each line connecting the nodes says the lines are supposed to appear, but they still don't in the game. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any help in advance :hrmm:

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:20 AM

View PostRon Waite, on Sep 17 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

Hey guys, I downloaded the Gibraltar scenery from AVSIM by Michael Magner and I am trying to edit his AFCAD2 file so that taxiway lines appear in-game, they problem is that they won't appear. In AFCAD2, I have made sure each line connecting the nodes says the lines are supposed to appear, but they still don't in the game. How do I fix this?
I haven't looked at Michael's file, but my first question would be "Did he create a customized runway/taxiway texture that doesn't have lines?"  AFCAD deals with the "invisible" airdrome data.  Although in most cases runway/taxiway centerlines and edge lines -- as defined by AFCAD -- will appear, that data is (basically) solely for use by the game's ATC engine to route player and AI aircraft to/from the runway.  AFCAD layers are "0" value renderings and will be over-ridden by any layer with a value of 1 or greater.  If the Gibraltar scenery includes customized textures, and the designer did not lay-on runway/taxiway lines in those textures, no lines will appear no matter what you do to the AFCAD file.

The package you downloaded should include an email address to contact the designer.  My suggestion would be send Michael a note asking if it was his intention to eliminate the lines.