5 replies to this topic

#1 touchdown

touchdown

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

I got world of AI and installed about 5 packages. I set the airline traffic to 100%, and I got a fps reduction by about 3 or so and got like 2 AI planes per airport.
I used to get more planes without world of AI. is it my computer or is world of ai just that bad?

#2 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Intel Integrated Graphics GMA X3100

That's what's causing the slowdown.

#3 touchdown

touchdown

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

View PostTechnicolorYawn, on Sep 28 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

Intel Integrated Graphics GMA X3100

That's what's causing the slowdown.

but before I got the world of ai, I had more frames even with the bad graphics.

#4 mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:59 PM

WAOI sre fs9 planes and FS( plans which caues a conflict with the default FSX ai. Ie any airport that woai fly into or out of won't have the default aircrfat. Also the deafult planes have a much higher FPS hit as the are not just AI planes. A read.
There is a little bit of work to convert the FS9 plans to FSx but it isn't hard.. First off, FS9 and FSX ai flight plans can cause a conflict, basically wherever there are FS9 planes showing up FSX planes will not. So if you don't convert the flight plans none of the default planes will show up as some airports.
WOAI is the easiest to use and PAI it seems are not far short of releasing a FSX installer. I like to keep my AI separate, it makes for easy backup and removal. In your simobjects folder
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\ . Create a folder called AI.  When you use the WOAI installer you can point it to this directory and it will place all its AI planes in here and that way it won't clutter up the Airplanes folder. Next in the FSX.cfg under [MAIN] enter the following with the Simobjects path list

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Ai
This lets FSX know where the AI planes are. When you install the WOAI plans make sure you use the FSX  ( under target)option and manual install and point it to the ai folder ie.
Under FSX path...C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

under FSX subfolder....SimObjects\Ai

All the flight plans will go to the default directory

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

I then created a folder in the addonscenery folder called ai/scenery and copied all the flight plans there. Leave the default sutff where it is in the scenery/world/scenery folder. You will need to activate the new  folder in the scenery option in FSx  setup. Then run AIFPC. it will allow you to do batch conversions. Make sure first time that it shows traffic bgl, and select under compile target FSX. Select all the flightplan BGLS and a folder to extract them to. When it done point AIFPC to the folder you extracted the flightplans too and change the flight plan file to “txt". and select all the flight plan text files. Make sure that “Convert FS9 airports to FSX “is ticked as well as, “Renumber FS9 days to FSx days" and run aifpc. Now all your plans are converted simply overwrite the FS9 ones. All should work now, Just remember as you add more AI FSX will take longer to load. And make sure you have no duplicate flightplans remaining in the scenery world scenery folder.

To remove the default Ai just remove the trafficaircraft.bgl from the scenery/world/scenery folder

#5 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

View Posttouchdown, on Sep 28 2008, 01:48 PM, said:

I got world of AI and installed about 5 packages. I set the airline traffic to 100%, and I got a fps reduction by about 3 or so and got like 2 AI planes per airport.
I used to get more planes without world of AI. is it my computer or is world of ai just that bad?

Your computer is that bad....

There's no reason for 100% traffic...   and the more AI you have, the more workload your PC has..  kill the AI, help speed up your slow system.

#6 Capt_Gabe

Capt_Gabe

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

Get Traffic2005 from justflight, end of problem. I used to use WOAI, and its great, and its free, but I eventually bit the bullet and shelled out, never looked back.