Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

View PostDonovan., on Dec 27 2008, 05:25 PM, said:

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

Well, actually, like 6, or somethin'.

I know a Delta pilot, a former-AA pilot, :hrmm:, I forgot the rest! I haven't talked to most of them in a long while.  :hrmm:

Also, if you take a flight to anywhere, just ask the captain "what do you think of Airbuses?" I guarantee you, there's a 75% chance they'll say the same thing.
For one thing you are asking AA and Delta pilots, who are of course going to be biased towards Airbus because AA and Delta (yet) do not use Airbuses!

And you can't ask a Captain if he likes Airbus if he flies a Boeing. Find a captain that has flown both, you will get a valuable answer from him/her. And the answer of course will be "Airbus and Boeing has their ups and downs."

Why do you think so many airlines choose airbus to fly with?

Cheaper in all ways.

#42 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

View PostDonovan., on Dec 27 2008, 03:25 PM, said:

For one thing you are asking AA and Delta pilots, who are of course going to be biased towards Airbus because AA and Delta (yet) do not use Airbuses!

Actually, Delta recently had an A320 painted.

And you can't ask a Captain if he likes Airbus if he flies a Boeing. Find a captain that has flown both, you will get a valuable answer from him/her. And the answer of course will be "Airbus and Boeing has their ups and downs."

I ask both MD and Boeing captains. From what I've heard, the Delta captain I know (usually flies the 738, 752, and 772) occasionally uses other SkyTeam airlines to hop from one destination to another. He once flew in an Airbus, asked them about the features and operations, and he didn't like it.

Also, airlines usually do it for financial reasons. Air France and British Airways probably only do it for their economy. Also, for low-fare airlines, Airbus is NOT the way to go. I see low-fare carriers with Boeings making a profit, but the ones with Airbuses are loosing money. Then you ask, why did EasyJet get all that cash then? Well, they did start out with nothing but Boeings, so yeah...

Edited by Independence76, 27 December 2008 - 04:33 PM.

#43 David_Lee_Roth

David_Lee_Roth

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

Actually, the reason they buy airbuses is probably because the Boeing lists are so long ;;.

#44 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

Actually, I know 4 real life pilots, and everytime I ask them "do you like Airbus?" they reply with the usual "not very good, they're sucky planes."

And that is a valid reason how?

#45 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

View PostRudolph-411, on Dec 27 2008, 03:59 PM, said:

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

Actually, I know 4 real life pilots, and everytime I ask them "do you like Airbus?" they reply with the usual "not very good, they're sucky planes."

And that is a valid reason how?

I was making a point saying that some pilots don't like Airbuses too much.

Edited by Independence76, 27 December 2008 - 05:00 PM.

#46 Flightsimulatorpilot

Flightsimulatorpilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:51 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 03:55 PM, said:

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

Well, actually, like 6, or somethin'.

I know a Delta pilot, a former-AA pilot, :hrmm:, I forgot the rest! I haven't talked to most of them in a long while.  :yes:

Also, if you take a flight to anywhere, just ask the captain "what do you think of Airbuses?" I guarantee you, there's a 75% chance they'll say the same thing.

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 04:30 PM, said:

I ask both MD and Boeing captains. From what I've heard, the Delta captain I know (usually flies the 738, 752, and 772) occasionally uses other SkyTeam airlines to hop from one destination to another. He once flew in an Airbus, asked them about the features and operations, and he didn't like it.

Also, airlines usually do it for financial reasons. Air France and British Airways probably only do it for their economy. Also, for low-fare airlines, Airbus is NOT the way to go. I see low-fare carriers with Boeings making a profit, but the ones with Airbuses are loosing money. Then you ask, why did EasyJet get all that cash then? Well, they did start out with nothing but Boeings, so yeah...

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 04:59 PM, said:

Just shut the :lol: up if you don't know what you're talking about or can't back up what you say with real facts. You're worse than Toshiba and all his "Airbus is #1" crap.

So you asked 6 pilots and they don't like Airbus? That's good, after all, the opinions of 6 people do accurately represent the opinions of thousands of pilots. :lol:

First of all, what kind of a captain flies 738, 752, and 772? What kind of a type-rating is that? And anyway, most pilots aren't serious when they talk to little kids.

Second of all, yes some pilots don't like Airbus, just like some don't like Boeing, MD (when they were in business), Embraer, etc. So what? What's your point? Nobody said every pilot likes Airbus, you brought that up for no reason. :P

Here's a thread on A.net where pilots give their opinions on which one they prefer. As you can see, some like Airbus, some like Boeing. Not everyone has the same opinion, and they never will. http://www.airliners...airbus#ID243126

lol @ 75% remark. What a load of BS.

Yes, all airlines base their fleet decisions on financial reasons. They're a business -- they're in it to make money. However, pretty much no airline does it because of who manufactured it. AF and BA don't buy Airbus for their economy. Why do you think AF bought 77W instead of A340NG? Same with BA. Why is AF Cargo buying B777F instead of Airbus? Why didn't AF buy A380F when it was on sale? Because they do it for the $, not because of where the aircraft are assembled. In your case, pretty much all European airlines, US airlines, and Asian airlines would have to buy only Airbus. Same thing for Boeing. Components for Airbus, as well as Boeing, are made all over the world, not just in Europe for Airbus, and US for Boeing.

Regarding the LCC with Boeing making a profit -- bigger load of BS than your 75% remark. If that's the case, why did Sterling, Aloha, ATA, and XL go bankrupt? If easyJet made a profit only because they flew Boeing, why are they switching to Airbus? If Boeing = profit and Airbus = loss, why would they still switch? Why is Hawaiian switching to Airbus? Why is SAA operating mostly Airbus and switching to Airbus? Why did Iberia switch from Boeing to an all-Airbus fleet? Why does TAP have an all-Airbus fleet? If Airbus isn't for LCC's, why are Germanwings, Silkair, Tiger Airways, and Wizzair all operating an Airbus-only fleet? Why did QF start JetStar with A320/A330, why not 767/737NG? And they stuck with Airbus for narrow-bodies, too. Why do jetBlue and Frontier operate Airbus A32X? Why did SW post a loss this year? Why did DL go into Chapter 11? Etc., etc. Same story with Aer Lingus, Virgin America, US Airways, etc.

The DL A320 is from NW.

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 04:59 PM, said:

Okay, why? What's your point? Of course some pilots don't like Airbus, but why did you bring it up? :P

View PostReindeerAlex, on Dec 27 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

Cheaper in all ways.

View PostReindeerAlex, on Dec 27 2008, 04:56 PM, said:

Actually, the reason they buy airbuses is probably because the Boeing lists are so long ;;.
:hrmm:

Do some research.

Edited by Flightsimulatorpilot, 27 December 2008 - 06:53 PM.

#47 wazgiz

wazgiz

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Wow, simply who cares.

Most of you aren't pilots, most of just sit back in a seat and enjoy a fast going take off and turbulent landing.

It all depends what you like, some pilots like the yoke because it gives them more of a "feeling" of the airplane. The airbus has autotrim, which can be an advantage or disadvantage based on your personality.

The MCP, MCDU, autopilot panel, whatever you wanna call it can be good or bad also depending on what you like.

The yoke vs. side stick. Personally, if I ever became an airline pilot I'd like a yoke more than a side stick,  because it would give me the "traditional" feeling of piloting. It also makes for a great leg/foot rest when your feet go up on the dash. However, other pilots like the leg room

Airbuses tend to be quieter than Boeings. Some pilots like the quietness and some pilots like the "thrill of flight"

Get the drift?

No better or worse than each other. They all depend on the pilot's personality, and your personality, and what the airline and market needs.g/

Edited by wazgiz, 27 December 2008 - 07:16 PM.

#48 Flightsimulatorpilot

Flightsimulatorpilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

View Postwazgiz, on Dec 27 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

No better or worse than each other.
Exactly.

#49 MIA-PILOT

MIA-PILOT

Screenshot Hotshot of 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

So yea what had happened to the a340-500/600's.

Edited by Snowman., 27 December 2008 - 07:16 PM.

#50 spitfir3

spitfir3

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 04:30 PM, said:

View PostDonovan., on Dec 27 2008, 03:25 PM, said:

Oh comon, a captain who flies THREE different aircraft on the line??? hardly  :hrmm:  Also, your ramblings about airlines using different types; if easyjet made so much of money off those 2nd/3rd/4th hand 737's why didn't they contine with the type and buy some of the new NG's? Airlines making/loosing money has practically NOTHING to do with what aircraft they're flying (in modern europe anyway).

The amount of crap on this thread is unbelievable.. you couldn't be even more biased if you tried. I suspect a lot of these "pilots" quoted in this thread don't even exist.

They will be flying these things for years of their lives.. it's just just a quick few circuits then hit the ESC key. Take a look on PPRUNE.. read about the 50+ year old pilots who wish they wore ear protection flying Boeings because now they have tinnitus. Take a look up front in an 737-800 and a A319.. look at the difference in space. Actually talk to a real person who flies an Airbus and they will tell you you can fly it without any of the "managed" parts of flight computers interfering.

#51 RadRig211

RadRig211

Orville Reincarnate

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

...the Delta captain I know occasionally uses other SkyTeam airlines to hop from one destination to another. He once flew in an Airbus, asked them about the features and operations, and he didn't like it.

LOL! :hrmm:

Yeah and I bet his pilot friends flying the plane agreed with him! :hrmm:

#52 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

View Postlockdog, on Dec 24 2008, 10:39 PM, said:

4 Engines are more reliable than 2. :hrmm:

Such a silly mentality, a famous aviator by the name of Charles Lindbergh flew the Spirit of St. Louis that was especially designed to be the first aircraft to make the hop "across the pond". Lindbergh believed that multiple engines resulted in a greater chance of failure while a single-engine design would give him greater range and fuel efficiency

-Justin

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 27 December 2008 - 11:24 PM.

#53 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:39 AM

View PostFlightsimulatorpilot, on Dec 27 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

Just shut the :hrmm: up if you don't know what you're talking about or can't back up what you say with real facts. You're worse than Toshiba and all his "Airbus is #1" crap.

So you asked 6 pilots and they don't like Airbus? That's good, after all, the opinions of 6 people do accurately represent the opinions of thousands of pilots. :hrmm:

First of all, what kind of a captain flies 738, 752, and 772? What kind of a type-rating is that? And anyway, most pilots aren't serious when they talk to little kids.

Second of all, yes some pilots don't like Airbus, just like some don't like Boeing, MD (when they were in business), Embraer, etc. So what? What's your point? Nobody said every pilot likes Airbus, you brought that up for no reason. :lol:

Here's a thread on A.net where pilots give their opinions on which one they prefer. As you can see, some like Airbus, some like Boeing. Not everyone has the same opinion, and they never will. http://www.airliners...airbus#ID243126

Yes, all airlines base their fleet decisions on financial reasons. They're a business -- they're in it to make money. However, pretty much no airline does it because of who manufactured it. AF and BA don't buy Airbus for their economy. Why do you think AF bought 77W instead of A340NG? Same with BA. Why is AF Cargo buying B777F instead of Airbus? Why didn't AF buy A380F when it was on sale? Because they do it for the $, not because of where the aircraft are assembled. In your case, pretty much all European airlines, US airlines, and Asian airlines would have to buy only Airbus. Same thing for Boeing. Components for Airbus, as well as Boeing, are made all over the world, not just in Europe for Airbus, and US for Boeing.

Regarding the LCC with Boeing making a profit -- bigger load of BS than your 75% remark. If that's the case, why did Sterling, Aloha, ATA, and XL go bankrupt? If easyJet made a profit only because they flew Boeing, why are they switching to Airbus? If Boeing = profit and Airbus = loss, why would they still switch? Why is Hawaiian switching to Airbus? Why is SAA operating mostly Airbus and switching to Airbus? Why did Iberia switch from Boeing to an all-Airbus fleet? Why does TAP have an all-Airbus fleet? If Airbus isn't for LCC's, why are Germanwings, Silkair, Tiger Airways, and Wizzair all operating an Airbus-only fleet? Why did QF start JetStar with A320/A330, why not 767/737NG? And they stuck with Airbus for narrow-bodies, too. Why do jetBlue and Frontier operate Airbus A32X? Why did SW post a loss this year? Why did DL go into Chapter 11? Etc., etc. Same story with Aer Lingus, Virgin America, US Airways, etc.

The DL A320 is from NW.

I not even going to bother reading all that, because I know it's some biased rant against me that's not even worth it. The pilot I know first flew the 738 on northeast routes, then was upgraded to a 752 to fly to Atlanta, then a 763 when he was then based in Atlanta, and now he flies the 772 from Atlanta to wherever DAL wants him to fly. And I'm not talking about 6 pilots on the same airplane. I'm talking about planes like the 752, MD-80, 727, Fokker 100, 738, not just one make and manufacturer.

And I have the right to my opinion, and so do others. They can like Airbuses if they want. However, as long as the discussion does not break any forum rules, the topic's legit.

BTW, on your Airbus-not-Boeing rant, I said low-fare carriers. It also depends on the market, service, and reputation. Here's my responses to your questions.

Sterling, Aloha, ATA, and XL: the two reason for both of these is the market they were in were not popular enough to sustain at all.

EasyJet: Because they want "more advanced" rather than "reliable partners."

Hawaiian: Because they want the "latest" gear, which I'm still amazed by they're profits in such an unpopular market. They've been doing fine on Boeings/MDs.

SAA: Once again, the "latest" stuff.

Iberia: They also wanted the "latest" stuff, and were under pressure from most oneworld carriers.

TAP: "Latest" stuff.

And for the LLC section...

Germanwings, Tiger, Wizzair: They've been going steady, because if the competitive European market. Also, Ryanair has recently started to dig into their routes with 738s.

Silkair: They have a hybrid Airbus/Boeing fleet.

Jetstar: They're funded by Qantas, which has a huge Boeing fleet, with only a few Airbuses (in which they've had problems with).

JetBlue: The market was perfect for any airline to take. They ordered Airbuses because it was the "latest" stuff, and the routes were the profit-makers.

Frontier: They've had large ups and downs. Also, ever since they've got their first Q400, they've had less problems on routes they had problems with on Airbuses.

Southwest: They've been making cash for years in the most difficult times. On Boeings.

Delta: They have a gigantic fleet. The more planes you have, the more money you must have. It's more of a problem of the quantity of what they own, not what they own in general.

Aer Lingus: They needed newer aircraft. They saw every other little airline in Europe buying them because they were the "latest" stuff, so they jumped on board.

Virgin America: People are amazed. They love the seats. They love the price. They love the routes. They say EVERYTHING is good about their service. You know what they don't mention? The plane.

US Airways: Well, first off, their route system, cabin service, and reputation pretty much make me want to run and scream. I've also heard bad things about their A330s, like delays on computer system problems, something mechanical, or some little problem in the cabin.

Ok, I'm done. :lol:

#54 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

I'm a boeing fan, but man, indy, your arguments are pathetic :hrmm:

boeing affects my economy a helluva lot more than airbus does. boeing FTW.

#55 Flightsimulatorpilot

Flightsimulatorpilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 28 2008, 02:39 AM, said:

View PostFlightsimulatorpilot, on Dec 27 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

Just shut the :hrmm: up if you don't know what you're talking about or can't back up what you say with real facts. You're worse than Toshiba and all his "Airbus is #1" crap.

So you asked 6 pilots and they don't like Airbus? That's good, after all, the opinions of 6 people do accurately represent the opinions of thousands of pilots. :lol:

Second of all, yes some pilots don't like Airbus, just like some don't like Boeing, MD (when they were in business), Embraer, etc. So what? What's your point? Nobody said every pilot likes Airbus, you brought that up for no reason. :P

The DL A320 is from NW.

I not even going to bother reading all that, because I know it's some biased rant against me that's not even worth it. The pilot I know first flew the 738 on northeast routes, then was upgraded to a 752 to fly to Atlanta, then a 763 when he was then based in Atlanta, and now he flies the 772 from Atlanta to wherever DAL wants him to fly. And I'm not talking about 6 pilots on the same airplane. I'm talking about planes like the 752, MD-80, 727, Fokker 100, 738, not just one make and manufacturer.

And I have the right to my opinion, and so do others. They can like Airbuses if they want. However, as long as the discussion does not break any forum rules, the topic's legit.

BTW, on your Airbus-not-Boeing rant, I said low-fare carriers. It also depends on the market, service, and reputation. Here's my responses to your questions.

Sterling, Aloha, ATA, and XL: the two reason for both of these is the market they were in were not popular enough to sustain at all.

EasyJet: Because they want "more advanced" rather than "reliable partners."

Hawaiian: Because they want the "latest" gear, which I'm still amazed by they're profits in such an unpopular market. They've been doing fine on Boeings/MDs.

SAA: Once again, the "latest" stuff.

Iberia: They also wanted the "latest" stuff, and were under pressure from most oneworld carriers.

TAP: "Latest" stuff.

And for the LLC section...

Germanwings, Tiger, Wizzair: They've been going steady, because if the competitive European market. Also, Ryanair has recently started to dig into their routes with 738s.

Silkair: They have a hybrid Airbus/Boeing fleet.

Jetstar: They're funded by Qantas, which has a huge Boeing fleet, with only a few Airbuses (in which they've had problems with).

JetBlue: The market was perfect for any airline to take. They ordered Airbuses because it was the "latest" stuff, and the routes were the profit-makers.

Frontier: They've had large ups and downs. Also, ever since they've got their first Q400, they've had less problems on routes they had problems with on Airbuses.

Southwest: They've been making cash for years in the most difficult times. On Boeings.

Delta: They have a gigantic fleet. The more planes you have, the more money you must have. It's more of a problem of the quantity of what they own, not what they own in general.

Aer Lingus: They needed newer aircraft. They saw every other little airline in Europe buying them because they were the "latest" stuff, so they jumped on board.

Virgin America: People are amazed. They love the seats. They love the price. They love the routes. They say EVERYTHING is good about their service. You know what they don't mention? The plane.

US Airways: Well, first off, their route system, cabin service, and reputation pretty much make me want to run and scream. I've also heard bad things about their A330s, like delays on computer system problems, something mechanical, or some little problem in the cabin.

Ok, I'm done. :P
:hrmm: Looks like you read my post after all.

You are so full of :lol:, I'm not even gonna bother. But for your own sake, do some RESEARCH and provide SOURCES when you make comments. That way you won't look like an ignorant, biased idiot.

It wasn't a rant against you, I couldn't care less what you, or anybody else, prefers.

Again, your response is full of made-up crap, none of which is actually true or makes sense. What is "latest stuff?" Boeing has high-tech, advanced airliners as well, so it has "latest" aircraft as well. Why didn't airlines order it?

Research the airlines you talk about (Silkair), EI doesn't buy what other airlines buy (it's not a little airline, and little European airlines have not ordered A350's), nobody mentions VX's planes because nobody cares about the plane if everything is great (your comment doesn't make sense), QF bought Airbus for JetStar and continue to order it, and cite your sources for the problems regarding Frontier, US, and QF.

Anyway, your post/posts speaks for itself, and everyone here will notice that. Come up with better arguments, ones that are actually TRUE and make sense. Nothing else to say really, although now we have an Airbus Toshiba and a Boeing Toshiba. :yes:

JW, how do you know these pilots? Real life or through AIM/MSN?

Edited by Flightsimulatorpilot, 28 December 2008 - 03:04 AM.

#56 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:45 AM

View PostFlightsimulatorpilot, on Dec 28 2008, 02:03 AM, said:

You are so full of :hrmm:, I'm not even gonna bother. But for your own sake, do some RESEARCH and provide SOURCES when you make comments. That way you won't look like an ignorant, biased idiot.

It wasn't a rant against you, I couldn't care less what you, or anybody else, prefers.

Again, your response is full of made-up crap, none of which is actually true or makes sense. What is "latest stuff?" Boeing has high-tech, advanced airliners as well, so it has "latest" aircraft as well. Why didn't airlines order it?

Research the airlines you talk about (Silkair), EI doesn't buy what other airlines buy (it's not a little airline, and little European airlines have not ordered A350's), nobody mentions VX's planes because nobody cares about the plane if everything is great (your comment doesn't make sense), QF bought Airbus for JetStar and continue to order it, and cite your sources for the problems regarding Frontier, US, and QF.

Anyway, your post/posts speaks for itself, and everyone here will notice that. Come up with better arguments, ones that are actually TRUE and make sense. Nothing else to say really, although now we have an Airbus Toshiba and a Boeing Toshiba. :lol:

Ya know, I've heard a lot of that. "OMG your SO BIASED!!!1" Seriously, this topic wasn't breaking any rules, until you started the personal attacks. And I don't "make up" things and post them on a forum. Why would I waste my time doing so?

Airlines thought "fly-by-wire" was the future. It also has capabilities to replace a pilot under certain circumstances. Boeing is more pilot-based. It has enough technology so it's easier for the pilot to do everything himself. And there's no source to a whole market. If you'd listen to airlines you'd know what I'm talking about. Airlines ordered Airbuses partly because they use Airbuses as "state of the art" marketing and try to ease up on their policies a little more. And what "problems" are you exactly referring to? I don't have to like Airbus if I don't want to.

First off, it would be "Sony Boeing." Second, in the flesh. I don't spend my time on the computer everyday looking for pilots to talk too over the internet. :lol:

BTW, you obviously seem to think that you must convert me to some multi-fan of both Boeing and Airbus. I've seen the downsides of Airbus, and I've seen the downsides of Boeing. I'll go with Boeing as the better one IMO, thank you very much.

nobody mentions VX's planes because nobody cares about the plane if everything is great (your comment doesn't make sense)

Wow. It's strange, you happened to agree with me, on a quote you state I didn't make any sense on. Since nobody cares about the plane, they will ignore the Airbus part(since they would care less about the plane) and just fly them. That's how they make a profit.

Edited by Independence76, 28 December 2008 - 04:52 AM.

#57 PilotCallum

PilotCallum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 28 2008, 09:45 AM, said:

View PostFlightsimulatorpilot, on Dec 28 2008, 02:03 AM, said:

You are so full of :hrmm:, I'm not even gonna bother. But for your own sake, do some RESEARCH and provide SOURCES when you make comments. That way you won't look like an ignorant, biased idiot.

Anyway, your post/posts speaks for itself, and everyone here will notice that. Come up with better arguments, ones that are actually TRUE and make sense. Nothing else to say really, although now we have an Airbus Toshiba and a Boeing Toshiba. :lol:

Ya know, I've heard a lot of that. "OMG your SO BIASED!!!1" Seriously, this topic wasn't breaking any rules, until you started the personal attacks. And I don't "make up" things and post them on a forum. Why would I waste my time doing so?

Airlines thought "fly-by-wire" was the future. It also has capabilities to replace a pilot under certain circumstances. Boeing is more pilot-based. It has enough technology so it's easier for the pilot to do everything himself. And there's no source to a whole market. If you'd listen to airlines you'd know what I'm talking about. Airlines ordered Airbuses partly because they use Airbuses as "state of the art" marketing and try to ease up on their policies a little more. And what "problems" are you exactly referring to? I don't have to like Airbus if I don't want to.

First off, it would be "Sony Boeing." Second, in the flesh. I don't spend my time on the computer everyday looking for pilots to talk too over the internet. :lol:

BTW, you obviously seem to think that you must convert me to some multi-fan of both Boeing and Airbus. I've seen the downsides of Airbus, and I've seen the downsides of Boeing. I'll go with Boeing as the better one IMO, thank you very much.

nobody mentions VX's planes because nobody cares about the plane if everything is great (your comment doesn't make sense)

Wow. It's strange, you happened to agree with me, on a quote you state I didn't make any sense on. Since nobody cares about the plane, they will ignore the Airbus part(since they would care less about the plane) and just fly them. That's how they make a profit.

Dude, just give up. Accept when you are wrong. You're just digging your own grave now, give in!

#58 SergeBMW

SergeBMW

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:18 AM

I leave the Piracy topic, and I come to this  :hrmm:

Well Independenc 76, I would have read what FSPilot had to say, he had a very logical argument.

Im just adding something about FBW, nothing against anyone
FBW makes it easier to fly and therefore, it made it so much greater in bad weather and in turbulence, you get a smoother ride in turbulence and a smoother landing.

And whats with all this "The Latest Stuff" all about? Those are not reasons why companies go ahead and make a decision on what aircraft manufacturer theyre going to make buisness with.

You sound like your putting all your arguments agains Airbus, this is not what was meant to be argued if one like Boeing or Airbus more than the other.

Me? I personally love Airbus, really nice, modern, and have always been good to me and passengers before, I like Boeing too, both great aircrafts, but I don't side with one and make every statement against another

#59 -Toshiba-

-Toshiba-

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:52 AM

Watch it! The Airbus A340-200 will pwn any Boeing. Have a race at FL450 and see :hrmm: Airbus A340 doing 1,300kmph, Boeing foing 900 :hrmm:

EDIT: TO think all this started from a Single "Airbus Debate" line.

I didn't know what I have started.

Edited by lockdog, 28 December 2008 - 06:57 AM.

#60 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:31 AM

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 05:12 AM, said:

View PostRadRig211, on Dec 27 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

View PostIndependence76, on Dec 27 2008, 12:34 AM, said:

If it's an Airbus, it isn't a Boeing.  That's why I'm not an Airbus fan.

That's not really the most legitimate of reasons... :hrmm:

Ok then.

Ummm.....It's French.

My wife is French, so don't go down that road.

I have a few more questions for you and everyone else reading and posting in this topic:

Do you work for an airliner?
Have you flown or worked on a Boeing or an Airbus before? (in real life, not MSFS)

If you haven't then you are not in a position to argue about which is better and which is int.