#1 rasekchevy

rasekchevy

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hi

Is there any way to disable the stock AFCAD's for good as they are really irritating when active for an add-on airport ?

I know they are embedded inside AP971225.BGL type of bgls... I don't aim, of course, to disable that whole bgl but only the stock AFCAD part of them .. Do I ask for too much  :hrmm:

#2 johnpc

johnpc

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

View Postrasekchevy, on Feb 10 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Hi

Is there any way to disable the stock AFCAD's for good as they are really irritating when active for an add-on airport ?

I know they are embedded inside AP971225.BGL type of bgls... I don't aim, of course, to disable that whole bgl but only the stock AFCAD part of them .. Do I ask for too much  :hrmm:

No you don't ask for too much only something which, as far as I know, isn't possible. However, (in FS9) when you add a new AFCAD file for an airport, either by making modifications to the original or installing an addon AFCAD for a new scenery, this will override the so called 'stock' AFCAD rendering it unused.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that stock navaids can't be deleted, they can be changed, so if this is your problem then use them wth new parameters.

PS. Please specify which version of FS you are using as there may be several solutions to your problem.

#3 rasekchevy

rasekchevy

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I am using FS2004 (SP 9.1). In fact my point is so as to totally disable the default AFCAD runways which won't go by any means when I try to resize the add-on AFCAD's runway width... As far as I understand the only solution is to discard the stock AFCAD containing APblabla.bgl's which will result in many other data getting lost as well.