Jump to content


- - - - -

March 2009 Official Screenshot Contest


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Poll: March 2009 Official Screenshot Contest (214 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will take it??

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#41 avalon

avalon

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Location:Florida

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

View Postbuizel, on Mar 20 2009, 08:33 AM, said:

View Postavalon, on Mar 20 2009, 05:49 AM, said:

ME:  Alright, Id like to do something creative. You can call it what you want - just that, "something creative" or "something different" or anything along those lines. Basically I want it to be wide open but it has to be a non-standard or uncommon scenario.


YOU: Soo "Something Creative" - A shot that possesses a creative angle?


ME: Yeah. how bout this - "something creative" - anything goes but it must possess a creative angle.

Again, "angle" was not what I intended it as being understood.  "Angle" for me was a broader sense of approach, not actual view - a non-standard or uncommon scenario.

I originally wanted to call it "something different" .  Should have gone with that.

I imagine everyone assumed it meant camera angle because the angle of a shot is commonly discussed in FS screenshots. "That's a cool angle," "How did you get that angle?", ect.


Exactly.   I should have caught it when he said "angle" the first time because that isnt what I meant or said.

#42 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

    Official Contest Host\Edited Contest Host

  • Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,917 posts
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Ok problem solved.

#43 avalon

avalon

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Location:Florida

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

View PostTND4NOS, on Mar 20 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Ok problem solved.


Is it??

I learned a few things here.

What did YOU, as the contest admin learn from this?

Peace and respect bro.

#44 Pseudo

Pseudo

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Location:Perth, WA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

View Postavalon, on Mar 20 2009, 08:36 PM, said:

View PostTND4NOS, on Mar 20 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Ok problem solved.


Is it??

I learned a few things here.

What did YOU, as the contest admin learn from this?

Peace and respect bro.
I lol'd. I don't think TND4NOS learnt much, apart from maybe being more specific on the word 'angle'. I don't see what the big deal is. No matter how you percieved the word 'angle' your screenshot would have been valid given the theme (its open to your own interpretation unless specified so in the theme...) And yes I would say the problem has been resolved.

Edited by Pseudo, 21 March 2009 - 12:24 AM.


#45 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

    Official Contest Host\Edited Contest Host

  • Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,917 posts
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:48 AM

View Postavalon, on Mar 21 2009, 10:36 AM, said:

View PostTND4NOS, on Mar 20 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Ok problem solved.


Is it??

I learned a few things here.

What did YOU, as the contest admin learn from this?

Peace and respect bro.
Oh i learnt alot... That a theme if not told properly to the host from the previous winner, can mean complications during a contest.

Edited by TND4NOS, 21 March 2009 - 04:50 AM.


#46 Pseudo

Pseudo

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Location:Perth, WA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:55 AM

View PostTND4NOS, on Mar 21 2009, 04:48 AM, said:

View Postavalon, on Mar 21 2009, 10:36 AM, said:

View PostTND4NOS, on Mar 20 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Ok problem solved.


Is it??

I learned a few things here.

What did YOU, as the contest admin learn from this?

Peace and respect bro.
Oh i learnt alot... That a theme if not told properly to the host from the previous winner, can mean complications during a contest.

I agree. This isn't TND4NOS's fault. Plus he on behalf of all moderators, they expect people (in cases involving you avalon) to have big enough brains to produce their own interpretation of an ambiguous theme, rather than ironically disrespecting a moderator by asking him what he learnt in a public forum.

#47 avalon

avalon

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Location:Florida

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

The point is that this was a MUTUAL mistake and should be considered in the future in the interest of being careful.  No disrespect intended, merely clarification of this fact.    Pretty simple really.

#48 Tako

Tako

    Edited SS Hotshot of 2008

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

Just let it go mate :hrmm:

This is not the end of the world, I can assure you :hrmm:

#49 avalon

avalon

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Location:Florida

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

View PostTako, on Mar 21 2009, 10:43 AM, said:

Just let it go mate :hrmm:

This is not the end of the world, I can assure you :hrmm:


I did let it go.  I am merely seeking clarity on all fronts.  

Hopefully this contest will have many entries in the future and be something big again.  Others have said similar things have happened before and it would be cool to see that not happen again.

#50 Romario_

Romario_

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Location:Miami.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  :hrmm:

#51 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

    Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,039 posts
  • Location:KDFW

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

You need to have posted either 5 or 10 times (can't remember which :hrmm:) to vote in polls. :hrmm:

#52 VFR_Pierre

VFR_Pierre

    Cruising at FL110

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,543 posts
  • Location:Melbourne, FL

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

View Postboeing182, on Mar 21 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  :hrmm:
What little box?

Crud, I just wasted my 7000th post. :hrmm: ;) :o

Edited by VFRDUDE123, 21 March 2009 - 07:01 PM.


#53 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

    Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,039 posts
  • Location:KDFW

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

View PostVFRDUDE123, on Mar 21 2009, 07:01 PM, said:

View Postboeing182, on Mar 21 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  ;)
What little box?

Crud, I just wasted my 7000th post. :o :o :)

Happy 7000th! :hrmm: :hrmm:

#54 avalon

avalon

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Location:Florida

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

View PostVFRDUDE123, on Mar 21 2009, 08:01 PM, said:

View Postboeing182, on Mar 21 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  :hrmm:
What little box?

Crud, I just wasted my 7000th post. :hrmm: ;) :o


The lucky 7000th!!

Congrats!

#55 Jetset

Jetset

    Contributor

  • Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Location:London UK

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on Mar 18 2009, 04:04 AM, said:

4, just breathtaking.

View PostSwitchFX, on Mar 19 2009, 12:47 AM, said:

The majority of the shots are bland, especially #4 despite being a nice shot in terms of realism.

So 4 isn't so breathtaking after all.??  :hrmm:

The theme is a hard one..'Something creative' It's hard to be creative without editing so Kudos to all those that entered.

#56 VFR_Pierre

VFR_Pierre

    Cruising at FL110

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,543 posts
  • Location:Melbourne, FL

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

View Postbuizel, on Mar 21 2009, 07:08 PM, said:

View PostVFRDUDE123, on Mar 21 2009, 07:01 PM, said:

View Postboeing182, on Mar 21 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  ;)
What little box?

Crud, I just wasted my 7000th post. :o :) :)

Happy 7000th! :hrmm: :hrmm:


View Postavalon, on Mar 21 2009, 07:23 PM, said:

View PostVFRDUDE123, on Mar 21 2009, 08:01 PM, said:

View Postboeing182, on Mar 21 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  :o
What little box?

Crud, I just wasted my 7000th post. :lol: :lol: :lol:


The lucky 7000th!!

Congrats!
Hehe, thanks guys. :)

#57 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

    Official Contest Host\Edited Contest Host

  • Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,917 posts
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

View Postboeing182, on Mar 22 2009, 06:02 AM, said:

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  :hrmm:
10 posts or more will allow you to vote...  :hrmm:

Closing contests on the 25th...

#58 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

    Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,039 posts
  • Location:KDFW

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

View PostTND4NOS, on Mar 21 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

View Postboeing182, on Mar 22 2009, 06:02 AM, said:

I have a question. Everytime I want to vote it says that I am not allowed to vote on this , or any poll. Could someone Help? Also, Buziel was right! That little box at the top of the forums is very handy!  :hrmm:
10 posts or more will allow you to vote...  :hrmm:

Closing contests on the 25th...

Then the winner (*COUGH* Number 4 *COUGH*) will choose next month's theme, correct?

#59 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

    Official Contest Host\Edited Contest Host

  • Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,917 posts
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:23 PM

Yes, number 4 - with the creative angle it was taken on will most likely win. He will then choose Aprils theme.

#60 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts
  • Location:Canada - Calgary

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

View PostTako, on Mar 21 2009, 06:43 AM, said:

Just let it go mate :hrmm:

This is not the end of the world, I can assure you :hrmm:

Oh, it is very serial.

Serious, i mean serious ;)