10 replies to this topic

#1 jjdante

jjdante

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:15 AM

I'm sure this has been answered before, but since I'm new to this forum, please be patient.
I currently have FSX and was wondering if there is a package out there that would allow for multiplayer dogfighting.
Not a 'I held you in my sights for 3 seconds, so your dead'. I'm mean pull the trigger, and bullets fly out and strike the target. Also, if there is, does it also support A/A missles?
Thanks for any help
Fly safe
-Snake

#2 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:49 AM

Not to my knowledge there isn't.

Edited by Da Bat Man, 10 September 2009 - 04:51 AM.

#3 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

There was a payware plane announced some time ago that was supposed to feature dogfight cannon...
Also, there is a module under developpment to simulate guided missiles. It will be payware too.

#4 Guest_βцziεł-411_*

Guest_βцziεł-411_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

Honestly, if you want a fighter sim, MSFS isn't what you need.

#5 jjdante

jjdante

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Then let me ask you this.
Since MSFS is not made for air combat and the add ons only allow you to fly military jets for nav, carriers ops, and refueling, but not allow you to fight, what air combat sims do you recommend?
What other sim can you separate the heads down(gauges) from the out the window view like MSFS, and have the graphics of MSFS?
Is there one out there, because the last combat sim I can remember is Falcon 4 : Allied Force, or Locked On which does not support multi screens.
Ideas??
Thanks again for all the help & opinions!!!!
-Snake

#6 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

View Postjjdante, on Sep 10 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies.
Then let me ask you this.
Since MSFS is not made for air combat and the add ons only allow you to fly military jets for nav, carriers ops, and refueling, but not allow you to fight, what air combat sims do you recommend?
What other sim can you separate the heads down(gauges) from the out the window view like MSFS, and have the graphics of MSFS?
Is there one out there, because the last combat sim I can remember is Falcon 4 : Allied Force, or Locked On which does not support multi screens.
Ideas??
Thanks again for all the help & opinions!!!!
-Snake

Wings over Vietnam and Wings over Europe are both good sims. There is also Combat Flight Simulator 2 and 3.

#7 Xyphos

Xyphos

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

well, you know, I use a effect that uses strobes as wing machine guns... it's not very realistic, but, well, it gives you a lot of options for making great screenshots. Also, I've downloaded a package with weapons... there are bombs, AA and AG missiles. The Missiles don't work very well, but the bombs are really cool, as they work as droppable objects, and these are supported by FSX. And there is a F-22 Raptor which comes with a great effect for gunfire, which is triggered by the brakes, so if you're using a stick, it looks really cool. However I can't remember the developer of this aircraft. So, my opinion? those packages are only good for screenshots. If you really want some realism, I'd recommend you the real combat simulators... but I can't tell you the name of a good one, since the ones I use are from the 90's and you won't find them really good when it comes to graphics...

#8 Chief_Bean

Chief_Bean

Cruising at FL150

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

Lock On: Modern Air Combat and IL2 are popular combat games which you may want to look into...

#9 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

If Im not mistaken, X-Plane allows air-to-air combat. :hrmm:

#10 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

well....that VFS or VRS F/A-18 will allow dogfights.

But Lock On is your best bet.

#11 Mindst0rm

Mindst0rm

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

Falcon 4.0 = THE combat simulator.
You guys may have noticed I plug it every chance I get. :hrmm: