5 replies to this topic

#1 Kezman

Kezman

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

Hi fellow simmers! I posted a topic about this same issue a while ago, but now since it has got clear that the problem probably is completely different from what I previously thought it was I thought it would be suitable to post a completely fresh topic :hrmm: So, my problem is that in FSX, textures directly underneath my plane are crisp and clear but further away they are very blurry. For example when I take off from TNCM, first the ground looks excellent and the houses are there, little to no scenery "popping up". When I get further away from the island and I look backwards I see that the ground textures get more and more blurry and undetailed, the buildings disappear one after one, so does the trees. It seems like FSX can only load textures in the very vicinity of my aircraft. Could this be due to some kind of OOM-thing? I can add that I recently did a complete reinstall of Vista and of course FSX because of this, it didn't help. The problem just suddenly occured one day when I had done a fresh install of FSX. I use some tweaks, such as the texture bandwidth one where you change a value. Will try more values for that though as I think it could be of help?? Will add some pictures probably tomorrow. I really, really hope someone can come up with something clever here :hrmm:

Thanks!

Kezman

#2 touchdown

touchdown

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

Check of level of detail radius. That's the radius of high-detail scenery around your aircraft. Higher the radius, high-quality scenery will load farther from your aircraft, and lower your framerate.

Another possibility is the smallpart reject radius tweak. http://www.highfligh...com/fsxcfg.html scroll down to small part reject.
If its set to anything above 2, youre going to see popping small objects.

#3 Kezman

Kezman

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

View Posttouchdown, on Nov 11 2009, 12:52 AM, said:

Check of level of detail radius. That's the radius of high-detail scenery around your aircraft. Higher the radius, high-quality scenery will load farther from your aircraft, and lower your framerate.

Another possibility is the smallpart reject radius tweak. http://www.highfligh...com/fsxcfg.html scroll down to small part reject.
If its set to anything above 2, youre going to see popping small objects.

Thanks for the advice! None of these solved it though :P I tried playing the X-Plane demo today (I had thoughts on switching to XP9, maybe not anymore though) and experienced the same :hrmm:. So, this IS something non-application related then, right? I could add that when I reinstalled Vista, the only driver that I "updated" from the Vista default one was my GPU driver. Could the crappy Windows drivers be what messes this up? But how would the fact that I experienced the same thing in FSX before the reinstall of the OS but after the reinstall of the simulator be explained then? :hrmm:

#4 Kezman

Kezman

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:01 AM

Anyone? Please :hrmm:

#5 Kezman

Kezman

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

I could also add that the shimmering has got a bit worse. Objects, well everything really, DO NOT load properly. For example when I'm just above the runway the runway lights just pop up one at a time as I get closer to them. Is there some kind of memory (RAM or GPU) that I haven't "activated"?

#6 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

The shimmering is probably because of your ATI card. It's a common issue when using them for FSX.

Your blurries might be linked to that as well.