3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr-Sim

Mr-Sim

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

I believe there was one already posted but heres an updated one which I will be happy to support people with. I have taken these pictures on Mac OSX just because it is whole lot easier to take pictures on it. Enjoy the tutorial!

First we need to start off by opening our internet program and going to http://www.alpha-india.net/ to get some flightplans for our aircraft to follow!

Posted Image

We then need to go to the Dispatch drop down menu (from here I would select the latest season but it depends on what flightplans have been made for the particular season) So I will select Winter 2009/2010, then the continent Europe.

Posted Image

After going to the Europe continent I have selected the airline "Aer Lingus".

Posted Image

Once downloaded I usually delete some un-needed files which are from the picture "AIG_Wi09-10_AerLingus.zip", "aig.gif", "avsim.diz" and "Readme.txt" (the readme.txt is just the file that Alpha India Group put in all of there files, just the copyright stuff and that)

Posted Image

Next, most flightplans will come with a text file which has filenames of the repaints (just depends if the creator of the flightplans wants to include these, they can be easily found by searching on avsim or visting some of the popular AI aircraft sites like "The Fruit Stand", "AI Aardvark" and many more)

Posted Image

After deciding what repaint you want to find, you will need to search it on Avsim(or flightsim.com) and download it. (If you haven't downloaded the model for the repaint yet most of them will tell you what AI model the repaint is designed for so just do a google/avsim/flightsim.com search.

Posted Image

Now once you have downloaded the repaint you will want to open the text file thats included with the repaint (usually theres about a 75% chance that it will have one) and then copy the title section from the [flightsim.x] part.

Posted Image

Once you have copied it, navigate back to your flightplans folder which you downloaded earlier. Open the "Aircraft_AIG_Wi09-10_AerLingus.txt" file.

Find the part which corrosponds to the repaint you downloaded. As you can see here the title is already the same as the one from the [flightsim.x] section (most times you will have to enter it manually but it is already done here)(You will want to repeat the same process for all the other aircraft repaints)

Posted Image

Once you have downloaded and installed all the aircraft repaints you will need to download a program called TTools (download here, http://www.fsfield.c...ewfile/106.html) Copy the "Flightplans_AIG_Wi09-10_AerLingus.txt", "Airports_AIG_Wi09-10_AerLingus.txt" and "Aircraft_AIG_Wi09-10_AerLingus.txt" files and copy them into the TTools directory. Open TTools (you will not see me opening it in this tutorial because .exe files do not open with Mac OSX). The three files will show in the program, all you need to do is click compile. Once done there will be a .bgl file in the TTools directory. Copy this into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\Scenery. Your traffic should now show up in Flight Sim.

Posted Image

#2 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

Fantastic tutorial. :hrmm: This is very helpful to any custom AI-goer!

#3 KissBush

KissBush

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

it look like a little difficult to me to add this AI ,so many code need to take,but I will have a try.

#4 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Seems far more straightforward than my old tutorial :hrmm: Nice