* * * * * 1 votes

Contemplating on making a Scenery (Beginner)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pacific-Blue

Pacific-Blue

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

Hey everyone!

I was thinking about creating an Airport, or making a better quality one than most of the ones I've seen on websites.
so from that;
1) what are some of your tips in creating a good quality airport (i.e textures used, google maps?)
2) What programs do you use? and are they free? (please add the link, i cannot be stuffed googeling it :/
3) How do you make the Airport surroundings come alive? (such as jetways, cars)
4) How do I make an AFCD (or however you spell it)

As much help will be appreciated! :hrmm:

Adam.

(also, I'll post regular updates and screen shots of the project.... not like anyone els would do it <insert sarcasim>)

#2 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:07 AM

Gmax seems to be the best tool for creating great looking airports but it does have a high workload...and you need the fs2002 gmax gamepack which only comes with fs2002, you will tear your hair out for hours on end. Also go to Fsdeveloper and get stuck in to the wikki there, your gonna need to do some serious reading and preperation before you even start this project, you will almost everything you need there.

#3 Tyler_Milligan

Tyler_Milligan

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:44 AM

You can use the free fs2004 gamepack :hrmm: and also the makebgl from fs2k2 gamepack is free and out there.

Edited by Tyler_Milligan, 07 June 2010 - 03:45 AM.

#4 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

The quality of airport sceneries now is just getting staggeringly good.

There's no substitute for taking your own photos. The best sceneries are the ones with detailed photography of every building and every angle (eg OrbX). A lot of photos can be found on the internet and this invloves a lot of synthesising and editing in photoshop to make them useful.

Gmax is your modelling tool of choice for buildings and objects. Also advanced designers are now using 3DSMax to utilise better features and more powerful tools. Gmax can also create the animations for moving cars, jetways etc.

The best tool now for AFCAD type work is Airport Design Editor (ADE9/X). This does more now than just afcad/facilities changes (taxiways, parking etc). It can do flattens, excludes, place library objects, create approaches and Navigation assets, fences and more.

SBuilderX is now a great tool to make hard changes to coastlines, rivers, waterbodies, landclass, photoscenery.

Most importantly, be prepared to learn and seek knowledge and have patience. It takes time and doesn't always go right.

[Everything mentioned above can be obtained for free, except 3DSMax and Photoshop]

Edited by flyhalf, 09 July 2010 - 07:01 PM.

#5 34FSXFLIGHTER

34FSXFLIGHTER

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

This thread should be made sticky or some thread like this so beginners can ask their questions.
Like some multi page sticky question thread. Good idea. Eh?

#6 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

View PostPacific-Blue, on Jun 6 2010, 08:36 AM, said:

2) What programs do you use? and are they free? (please add the link, i cannot be stuffed googeling it :/

if you expect everyone to do the work for you then you've no hope at all.