Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:22 PM, said:

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:19 PM, said:

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:16 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:10 PM, said:

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:08 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

Then why did you even try to distinquish military and commercial aviation in this thread?

The real irony, is one of the people who thinks FS is a pointless waste of time in one of the most outspoken ways is a 777 captain for Continental....the other is a GA pilot..

Because you don't look at different fields. You assume that everything is solely military.

At your other point:

That's great, but I know tons of other pilots that use MSFS on a regular basis. Visit the Level-D forums and you'll find about a dozen or so that do fly the real thing. The CEO of my VA is a CRJ FO for Pinnacle, and the Lead CP is a 757 Captain for DHL in Europe.

No...YOU assume everything is solely commercial...given YOU, not me, YOU, brought up military and commercial. I never once in this thread specified between military and commercial pilots. YOU thought I was attacking commercial pilots.

That is YOUR bias, and YOUR thinking shining through. Not mine.

Posted Image

Now this is getting ridiculous and I reported this topic.

Your right, you made it very ridiculous by bringing military vs. commercial into an irrelevant topic.

No, you continue a argument that was pointless to start in the first place. Had you just ignored those posts like you keep telling us to do, this would have been avoided. That was meant to be constructive, it wasn't meant to ridicule you.

And how is bringing something that does not relate to the topic in even the slightest qualify as 'constructive'? o.O

You haven't posted anything relevant to the topic, so why am I so different?

#122 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:24 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:22 PM, said:

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:19 PM, said:

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:16 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:10 PM, said:

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:08 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

Then why did you even try to distinquish military and commercial aviation in this thread?

The real irony, is one of the people who thinks FS is a pointless waste of time in one of the most outspoken ways is a 777 captain for Continental....the other is a GA pilot..

Because you don't look at different fields. You assume that everything is solely military.

At your other point:

That's great, but I know tons of other pilots that use MSFS on a regular basis. Visit the Level-D forums and you'll find about a dozen or so that do fly the real thing. The CEO of my VA is a CRJ FO for Pinnacle, and the Lead CP is a 757 Captain for DHL in Europe.

No...YOU assume everything is solely commercial...given YOU, not me, YOU, brought up military and commercial. I never once in this thread specified between military and commercial pilots. YOU thought I was attacking commercial pilots.

That is YOUR bias, and YOUR thinking shining through. Not mine.

Posted Image

Now this is getting ridiculous and I reported this topic.

Your right, you made it very ridiculous by bringing military vs. commercial into an irrelevant topic.

No, you continue a argument that was pointless to start in the first place. Had you just ignored those posts like you keep telling us to do, this would have been avoided. That was meant to be constructive, it wasn't meant to ridicule you.

And how is bringing something that does not relate to the topic in even the slightest qualify as 'constructive'? o.O

You haven't posted anything relevant to the topic, so why am I so different?

Only you can answer that one.

#123 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:27 PM, said:

Nope. You made something out that wasn't meant as you portrayed. If you can't take constructive criticism without backlashing at someone then I see no further point in contributing in this topic. All we're doing now is beating a dead horse.

#124 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:29 PM, said:

Nope. You made something out that wasn't meant as you portrayed. If you can't take constructive criticism without backlashing at someone then I see no further point in contributing in this topic. All we're doing now is beating a dead horse.

I only take it when it's relevant, or valid. Your's was neither.

#125 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:31 PM, said:

And what do you view as relevant or valid criticism? Someone who believes and likes the same things you do?

#126 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:33 PM, said:

And what do you view as relevant or valid criticism? Someone who believes and likes the same things you do?

Maybe something that actually has to do with the topic, and isn't based on a generalized view that's already been debunked...

#127 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:36 PM, said:

Maybe something that actually has to do with the topic, and isn't based on a generalized view that's already been debunked...

The problem is, the topic at hand wasn't related to the OP in any way, shape or form.

#128 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:37 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:36 PM, said:

The problem is, the topic at hand wasn't related to the OP in any way, shape or form.

And what, in your mind, was the topic at hand? If I recall, I simply answered the question the OP asked, and everyone else erupted in fury...that's the rest of you taking it off topic, and me. And don't think about saying 'just ignore it' when YOU were also derailing the topic in that angered mob.

#129 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Learn to use PM guys.  :hrmm:  :hrmm: