#1 Ragtopjohnny

Ragtopjohnny

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

Well, the title says it all.....

Are you planning on buying it when it comes out?  Me, being a developer, will have to see if there's an SDK and WILL have to get it for those reasons, but I don't know - I'm hoping it will be good.

But are you going to move forward, or stick with FSX/2004?

Just curios to see where this goes.....:hrmm:

#2 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:25 PM

Possibly. If it's not too expensive then I don't see why not. I will still use FS for quite a while until add-on development starts to occur w/ Flight.

#3 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

I don't see why I wouldn't.  Whether I actually use it as my main "sim." is a whole other question.  But I will probably buy it and check it out.

#4 roboa

roboa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

Depends on the summary others give it first. If it's not a proper sim then nah, if it is then yup.

#5 Janu

Janu

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:07 AM

It's too early in the development to tell if i'm honest, but if people are saying it's better quality than FSX has to offer then ofcourse by all means i'll buy it, although bear in mind I haven't actually flown on FSX for almost 6 months!

#6 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

It's too early to decide of course. I'll decide when it's out.
If it's a sim, and if I like the features, I'll probably buy it.
If it's a stupid arcade game, I won't buy it, no matter the features.

#7 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:41 AM

Will buy it and install it alongside FS9, FSX, IL2, DCS, Xplane....there is space for them all :hrmm:

unless its a piece of arcade crap then I won't bother.

Edited by Dr...Watson, 30 August 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#8 Ragtopjohnny

Ragtopjohnny

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

I'm basically agreeing and like most of you - if its arcade, forget it - we're sticking with development for FSX and real simulation type games - no arcade stuff for Archangel Productions, at least at the moment as far as I see it.  I think that's the best way to go as far as the development realm. Realism is what people want.  Not the Arcade aspect and be able to do what ever and nothing happens to you.

#9 Danny-B

Danny-B

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

I'll wait for a demo to come out first, FSX runs okay on my computer but not brilliant, Im still thinking of re-installing FS9 and like mentioned before I rarely fly on FSX and when I do I've found my self not flying as many full flights and for example just taking a DC3 for a fly around some of the Greek islands or a BAE Hawk over the UK and doing some barrel rolls and loops, if Microsoft Flight is any good and runs good on my system (which I am planning on replacing at some stage) then I will probably buy it.

#10 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

I'll wait and make sure it isn't a game, and I'll want to try out a demo to see how well it runs. I remember my disappointment when I got FSX and tried to run it on my 1.8GHz laptop...

#11 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

It will either be MS flight or X-Plane 10 that will bring me back to flight-simulation.. may even try FSX at one point again if all else fails, just have to upgrade my hardware first :hrmm:

#12 Flaminghotsauce

Flaminghotsauce

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

I'll most likely buy. Probably 99% chance. I have 2000 Pro, 2002, FS9, FSX, and Xplane as well. I'm waiting to see if XP 10 is worth buying also.

#13 162db

162db

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

For me it depends. If they develop a new engine and get rid of the ridiculous micro stutters, then I'll buy. Also if they make it so I don't have to tweak for the rest of my life to get the best performance possible (but knowing MS, that will never happen). Otherwise, I'll stick with FSX.

#14 VFR_Pierre

VFR_Pierre

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,543 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

There's an 80% chance that I'll buy it, but if something really pisses me off about it, I might stick to FSX or switch to X-Plane.

#15 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

Buying it regardless of what. I wouldn't care if it's a 'game' more than 'simulator'. As long as I can fly around the world, go anywhere I want to then I couldn't care less about the simulator aspects of it.

#16 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Mohammad, on Sep 11 2010, 06:32 PM, said:

Buying it regardless of what. I wouldn't care if it's a 'game' more than 'simulator'. As long as I can fly around the world, go anywhere I want to then I couldn't care less about the simulator aspects of it.

kinda agree with you there.

Come to think of it.. FS9 and FSX isn't really that realistic without 3rd party addons in them either, they are games, regardless if they contain the simulator name on the box or not.

As long as Microsoft don't change their 3rd party addon policy, and if they start fresh with a new, updated graphics/physics engine, i think it will be a good product.

A replacement for FSX is needed, that's for sure. Let's just hope they don't screw this one up as badly as they did with FSX :hrmm:

#17 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

^Hey dude long time no see. Yeah I know, this is why I'm not bothered about the sim aspect. I mean, as if FSX is realistic by itself? :hrmm:

I hope they don't screw it up in terms of hardware requirements. I'd like to think there's a possibility I can play this on a gaming laptop one day.

If Arma 2 and all that stuff can run properly in Alienware laptops, future Flight games should too.

#18 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:42 AM

Mohammad, on Sep 11 2010, 04:32 PM, said:

Yup, I'm sure, as long as I don't have to spend thousands between now and then, I will be able to afford 60 bucks or so and I'll buy Microsoft Flight.  Whether or not I will use it will depend on the quality, but I am positive I will at least buy it.  If it isn't good at all, you can bet I will stick with FS9 and FSX.  If it is user friendly in terms of quality v. performance, I will look at turning it into my primary sim., IF and only IF it is open to addon developers like FS9 and FSX.

#19 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:07 PM

You said the keyword, "thousands". I hope to god this doesn't turn out to be a cringe-worthy investment like FSX has.

#20 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:04 AM

I don't think that I will buy it if it comes out. It depends on how much money I have to buy myself a new pc to use it. Right now I still stick to FS2004, which isn't bad. I just need my money for other things (studys) now.