82 replies to this topic

#81 Ian Marsh

Ian Marsh

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

I am undecided at the moment. I still think FSX has a lot to offer. From a personal point of view my FSX runs very smooth and looks excellent. I also have bought a fair amount of scenery add ons and some excellent aircraft such as the PMDG MD-11, Level-D 767 and the A2A cub. I also plan on buying the PMDG 737NGX too when it is out. I think at some point I may buy Microsoft Flight, but I am in no rush at all.  :hrmm:

Ian.

#82 ThrottleUp

ThrottleUp

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

This is a tough question - because "power" users of FSX have an absolutely blinged-up sim. By that I mean FSX + REX + ORBX + hi-end addon planes + latests SRTM terrain + custom addon airports/cities

So we have all spent a LOT of money on FSX. On top of this it all looks even more spectacular for those of us with multiple monitors.

Can we all tear ourselves away from this and go to Flight? Ok it will take time but what if Flight looks STAGGERINGLY good when it comes out? Hmmm....

Not THAT big of a deal to power users because we will just install it alongside FSX! I guess im in the minority...I like having just *one* sim on my system. The coming months will be interesting....

#83 Capt_Gabe

Capt_Gabe

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

Whether I buy or not will probably depend on how easily and inexpensively I can use my costly addon collection in the new app. I wonder where the arrival of Flight leaves the addon developers, will it be a dilema now to have to spend resources on developing new products for a newer platform, what about PMDG with the 737 ? I don't see myself spending much on addons for FSX now that Flight is on the way, so compatability is a big issue for me.