91 replies to this topic

#1 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

Here is a list of things I would like in Flight! In no particular order.

- Built-in IVAO/VATSIM client (but make it too user unfriendly so it doesn't get overflowed by novices who don't know anything about realistic ATC)

- Weather smoothing.

- Clouds that move with the wind.

- More dramatic rain. It needs to be loud and make my view blurry (not a wormhole like in FSX)

- Modeled windshear.

- Clouds that cover the whole sky like a sheet.

- Very stable, with consistent framerates

- Internal navaid database that also gets updated like with navigraph! Sometimes I can only fly an ILS with the FMC and not using the raw frequency because the ILS is in the plane's FMC database but for FSX's internal database the ILS doesn't exist.

- Eventually all my addons I have now but for Flight (FSPassengers, airplanes, scenery,...)

- Day/night transition needs much improvement, during dawn or dusk I can barely see my cockpit anymore, until suddenly the textures change to the night textures.

More wishing action next time, I can't wait!

#2 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

Everything I agree except VATSIM client. NEVER EVER Integrate that into Flight. no matter how hard it will be to use, you'll have amateurs googling how to use it

#3 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

+ Working FMCs and emergency functions...

#4 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

View Post-Iain-, on Sep 6 2010, 04:10 PM, said:

+ Working FMCs

I say leave this up to third party devs.

#5 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

View PostPeter797, on Sep 6 2010, 08:44 AM, said:

Everything I agree except VATSIM client. NEVER EVER Integrate that into Flight. no matter how hard it will be to use, you'll have amateurs googling how to use it

Toss in some kind of aviation test whenever they try an access VATSIM so n00bs will fail. If the n00bs fail, redirect them to the "normal" Microsoft multiplayer and explain the novices should use it.

I'm sick and tired of SB4 and FSINN.

#6 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Sep 6 2010, 11:17 AM, said:

I'm sick and tired of SB4 and FSINN.

Why?  I have had some problems with FSInn every now and then but SB has served me well.

#7 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

View PostLA_BOS, on Sep 6 2010, 01:21 PM, said:

Why?  I have had some problems with FSInn every now and then but SB has served me well.

Basically...

Whenever I use SB4 in full screen, my VSYNC fails and I get vertical tearing.
Whenever I use FSINN in full screen, my VSYNC fails and I get vertical tearing.
I tried to get SB4 to run from a separate computer using Simconnect, but my attempts failed.
I managed to get FSINN to work from a separate computer, but to setup both computers takes time, and I have to use two keyboards.
FSINN will not work with the Wilco 737, which I bought specifically for VATSIM and to use for FlyCay.
It took me forever to get FSINN to work at all. First, it would simply crash FSX.

#8 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Anyways, my Flight wishlist:

1. Built in VATSIM client.
2. A new multiplayer that doesn't suck like Gamespy did. Honestly, all I want is a simple system, like FsHost. No logging in, no friend lists, just a list of servers to choose from, a chatbox, and maybe built in voice communication and the ability to play as ATC. If they could release an update to give FSX the same ability, I would be in heaven (increase multiplayer traffic).
3. It needs to perform well on today's (or 2011's) high end computers, not 2016's. An overclocked i7 and GTX 4XX/ATI 5XXX, or whatever 2011's hardware is, should be able to handle this program plus addons at 25+ FPS without major tweaking.
4. Stability and less problems. No more OOM errors, nothing like the uiautomationcore.dll mishap, no more broken components (DX10), and it should be able to retain its stability with addons. Also, I hope they finally nail the blurries this time around.
5. Open doors for developers. Developers are what make FS tick.
6. An improvement over FSX in the graphics department. I'm not expecting the whole world to look like Orbx made it, and every airport to be Flytampa/FSDT quality, but default graphics should still get an overhaul. Every version of FS has gotten upgraded graphics, so this is pretty much a given.
7. Better and smarter ATC and AI.
8. Better and smarter weather engine. No more rapid wind changes, vanishing cloudscape, etc. The fog also needs an overhaul, as does the aforementioned wormhole rain.
9. New and improved default aircraft. In FSX, Microsoft actually did a very good job on the VCs in the default jets. However, the exterior models were crap. It would be nice if they could provide a quality exterior and interior, and then leave it up to the community to make repaints for those aircraft.

Edited by Buziel-411_RED, 06 September 2010 - 02:25 PM.

#9 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

My wishlist:

-Better ease of use. One thing that puts me off about FS so much is the fact that you have to spend an hour to get ready for a flight [that's how it is when I fly anyway (start activesky, FS realtime, SB, etc)], not to mention the fact that it takes a good day or so to install everything and get it setup how you want it.
-updated graphics. This is an obvious one, but I think it's huge; I never get the feeling of actually being immersed in the sim, and I'd like that.
-better weather modeling. The flight dynamics are so basic in FS, and I really think they need an overhaul. Rather than giving me windshears to simulate turbulence, I want air pockets that actually reduce the lift on my wing to give me turbulence (ideally a full CFD simulation would be awesome, but that won't happen for a long time :hrmm:).

Edited by Flying_Pie, 06 September 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#10 TopDollar

TopDollar

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

-The whole world modeled
-MMO style online
-3rd party payware support

#11 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

View PostPeter797, on Sep 6 2010, 02:44 PM, said:

Everything I agree except VATSIM client. NEVER EVER Integrate that into Flight. no matter how hard it will be to use, you'll have amateurs googling swamping fs forums on how to use it alongside a hundred other people asking the same thing
corrected

The clouds should also be 3D from all angles, not just the flat sort of clouds you get in FS9. Basically if your on a overcast day, make it stay overcast and not just until you reach for eg 300ft and then its just foggy

#12 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

View Postiranair787, on Sep 6 2010, 07:02 PM, said:

corrected

The clouds should also be 3D from all angles, not just the flat sort of clouds you get in FS9. Basically if your on a overcast day, make it stay overcast and not just until you reach for eg 300ft and then its just foggy

I think they got rid of that problem in FSX...

#13 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

New Engine which doesn't need a supercomputer to run.

And that is all.

#14 Tyda0501

Tyda0501

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

I know everyone says improved ATC but I have some specifics that no one else has mentioned.

1. Atlantic clearances
2. Ramp/apron controllers
3. hf frequencies
4. non-radar position reports or even text-messages position reports for future add-on aircraft to utilize

As far as graphics

1. Spring season
2. Steam coming off buildings in winter
3. Rush hour traffic
4. Dawn does NOT look bright yellow as far as city textures go. Night doesn't either

#15 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

Sloped runways.

#16 BuboBubo

BuboBubo

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:08 AM

I'd like to see a career mode.
An improved flight planner that can actually filer out aircraft/airports depending on
which aircraft/airports you choose.
It would also be nice with either a map or database with the ingame airports so you know
where they are in the world and what type of AC they can handle.

Perhaps a few more aircrafts maybe just a 3-4 more then in FSX DLX  ed.
Of those i would like at least one slightly larger prop liner like DC-6/7.

#17 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

View PostBuboBubo, on Sep 7 2010, 01:08 PM, said:

I'd like to see a career mode.
An improved flight planner that can actually filer out aircraft/airports depending on
which aircraft/airports you choose.
It would also be nice with either a map or database with the ingame airports so you know
where they are in the world and what type of AC they can handle.

Perhaps a few more aircrafts maybe just a 3-4 more then in FSX DLX  ed.
Of those i would like at least one slightly larger prop liner like DC-6/7.

Do people actually fly the default aircraft?!

#18 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

IF the other post about keeping the same engine but removing bugs and whatnot has some truth in it...i have some suggestions if anyone form MS is reading these forums...

1. Please revamp the lighting aspect of the engine, runway and taxiway lights need to be 3d and reflect off things, im pretty sure this is doable nowdays since the previous halo bmp has been in since fs2002? And its about time that apron illumination was implimented  :hrmm: And floating point lighting like UTX, should be at least default by now.

2.more surface textures for afcad work, ie. 4 sets of different concrete textures etc. etc. this way we have a choice of varying shade of asphalt and other materials to better deciept the airport being designed! Also the taxiway lines system just doesnt cut it anymore...there are so many others http://sightline.us/...006/sphpms.html

3. Agreed about the weather engine, its not bad but volumetric clouds, real overcast conditions and lighting that compliments it. So if its overcast the ground will be dull grey in appearance...maybe its time to rework them cloud shadows!

other stuff i find a bit meh and can be filled by addon developers but the hard coded stuff really needs a revamp  :hrmm:

Edited by spam3d, 07 September 2010 - 07:26 AM.

#19 trim2level

trim2level

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

For on thing, it is not fair at all to remove novice from VATSIM. Some process can be integrated to seperate novices from pro users. Because, even the pros were novices once. Perhaps if a novice passes a few training phases before being accepted into the network, so that the pro's won't have much of a problem and everybody gets a fair shot at it.

#20 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

A true all in one. Meaning combat aircraft, combat missions, no fly zones, dogfights, etc that the commercial and GA boys have to fly around, just like in the real world, and so we combat simmers can get a next gen, authentic fix!