#41 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

View Post-Brandon-, on Sep 24 2010, 10:26 AM, said:

Or you can take the middle ground and be happy that they are making one at all like me :hrmm:

That's the whole point, we all thought it's dead!!

#42 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

View Post-Brandon-, on Sep 24 2010, 12:56 AM, said:

Or you can take the middle ground and be happy that they are making one at all like me :hrmm:

Actually I'm still satisfied with FSX whenever I do have the time to play it. The one thing I hate about being a flight sim enthusiast the most is that you're reluctant to buy a newer sim after investing about 2K in software and 3K in hardware to run the previous sim. :hrmm:

#43 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

What do you guys think of addon/DLC (downloadable content) support? Could it happen?

Steam is a DLC delivery service and they've been doing it exceptionally well.

#44 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:46 AM

My wishlist:
1. That it runs properly, without having to invest thousands of bloody dinars on a rig that still won't offer me a great experience.
2. That an Alienware laptop by 2012 is enough to run it decently cause chances are I'm never going to get a desktop again (got sick of em).

#45 Jetset

Jetset

Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

Along with most people, I'd like to see better ATC that can handle SIDS/STARS together with better handling of AI traffic.
If they really want to enhance the social and game play experience then I hope they sort out the multiplayer side of things to a point where you see the actual aircraft your online friends are flying, and not the default cessna  because you don't own the same payware add on.

Payware aircraft developers could create a free AI model of their aircraft which could then be automatically downloaded as part of an update package withing MS Flight.

Another 'simple' feature I'd like to see is the ability to select your departure gate from a map of the airfield.
The present way of selecting from a drop down menu is mostly guesswork.

These the sort of things I'd like to see.

Edited by Jetset, 26 September 2010 - 02:55 PM.

#46 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

View PostJetset, on Sep 26 2010, 03:48 PM, said:

Along with most people, I'd like to see better ATC that can handle SIDS/STARS together with better handling of AI traffic.

That's my biggest pet-peeve with the previous sims. Default ATC couldn't separate 2 Cessnas if the human race depended on it.

#47 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Everyone is talking about how they're afraid Flight will be arcadeish, but as I've pointed out before, default MSFS has never been realistic before. Microsoft has never provided us with FMCs and complete overheads in the past. When it comes to realism, they main three things I want improved are ATC, weather, and AI. The default aircraft don't have to be anywhere near the PMDG or Level-D level of realism. However, I would like better flight dynamics, especially on the light, civilian aircraft.

About the only other additions I would like to see would be built in VATSIM support, and AIRAC cycle updates from Microsoft. Instead of having to get AIRAC updates from different third party payware sources, it would be excellent if Microsoft would provide them for us to go along with their new content store.

Personally, I'm doubtful we'll get VATSIM support or AIRAC cycles, but I can dream. :hrmm:

(I also hope I'm using the term AIRAC cycles correctly?)

View PostIndependence76, on Sep 19 2010, 11:31 PM, said:

Sure, I have a wishlist and a huge amount of things I'd love to implement, but why do I get the impression that I will look back on this in the summer of 2012, look back at threads and laughing in my depression as my computer lags at medium settings at 12FPS?

On your current computer?

Making it a more efficient program than FSX is one thing, but making it run smoothly with high settings on older computers such as yours is entirely different. As long as I can get 25+ FPS on a reasonably priced 2011 gaming computer (around $1,000 USD I'd say) with addons and medium high settings, then I'll be happy.

Edited by Buziel-411_RED, 26 September 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#48 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

View PostJetset, on Sep 27 2010, 01:18 AM, said:

Another 'simple' feature I'd like to see is the ability to select your departure gate from a map of the airfield.
The present way of selecting from a drop down menu is mostly guesswork.

And have the Ground control actually send you to right gate once you arrive, instead of something random.

#49 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

How about some decent crash effects? If I slam too hard into the ground, I don't want the screen to just freeze, I wanna see my plane, or what's left of it go cartwheeling across the ground in a flaming mess...I wanna see the wings come off if I over stress...man up, Microsoft!

#50 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

View PostYay4Afterburners, on Sep 28 2010, 06:41 PM, said:

How about some decent crash effects? If I slam too hard into the ground, I don't want the screen to just freeze, I wanna see my plane, or what's left of it go cartwheeling across the ground in a flaming mess...I wanna see the wings come off if I over stress...man up, Microsoft!
It would spawn many "recreations" of 9/11. :hrmm:

#51 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

View Postpwn247, on Sep 29 2010, 07:29 AM, said:

I think small little things could be OK though, like having the landing gear get damaged/broken, the tail, wings etc... not complete blowups.

#52 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

View PostYay4Afterburners, on Sep 28 2010, 06:41 PM, said:

Or if a bird takes a dump on the fuselage.....

#53 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Sep 29 2010, 06:52 PM, said:

Or if a bird takes a dump on the fuselage.....

I wouldnt take her out again! :hrmm:

#54 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:07 PM

View Postpwn247, on Sep 28 2010, 08:59 PM, said:

I don't think the world is that sensitive that you need to remove something from a game based on what a small few might do (and frankly, so what if they do? They're just dumb kids playing on the computer, not like they would or even could do it in the real world). For pete's sake, in the glorious and critically acclaimed MW2 you have the option of mowing down a freaking airport.

Edited by Yay4Afterburners, 30 September 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#55 Kilo

Kilo

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

View Postpwn247, on Sep 28 2010, 08:59 PM, said:

"We won't add brakes to cars because people will drift"

:|

Not adding a feature because of things a minority will do is just silly.

#56 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

View PostKilo, on Oct 2 2010, 09:33 PM, said:

Not adding a feature because of things a minority will do is just silly.
But without brakes in the first place, drifting would have never been invented. :hrmm:

#57 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

K..but..you kind of need brakes. lol.

#58 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:55 AM

View PostYay4Afterburners, on Sep 30 2010, 11:07 PM, said:

I don't think the world is that sensitive that you need to remove something from a game based on what a small few might do (and frankly, so what if they do? They're just dumb kids playing on the computer, not like they would or even could do it in the real world). For pete's sake, in the glorious and critically acclaimed MW2 you have the option of mowing down a freaking airport.

Yes but MW2 is a first person shooter intended for shooting stuff and killing things. unlike our simulator which is meant to be flown and not crashed. Why would they waste effort implimenting such a pointless feature. I agree with the visual damage flaps, engine fires, gear faliures etc... they have some use. Slamming planes into the ground so Dat it goez boomz isnt.

#59 Janu

Janu

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

I just hope it doesn't require the worlds top of the range PC to run, and then still be laggy!

#60 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

View PostJulietOscarEcho, on Oct 4 2010, 03:20 AM, said:

I just hope it doesn't require the worlds top of the range PC to run, and then still be laggy!

I would think that after the disaster with FSX, they would have learned their lesson!  :hrmm:

Now someone will come along and make my post negative...  :hrmm: