1 reply to this topic

#1 cdnavi8r

cdnavi8r

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

I've recently updated an AFCAD and for some odd reason, the instrument approaches no longer appear in the GPS and all aircrafts are flying visual approaches.  

How can I re-insert the approaches so that aircrafts can fly ILS's and other non-precision approaches?

Thanks

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

View Postcdnavi8r, on Nov 2 2010, 12:33 PM, said:

I've recently updated an AFCAD and for some odd reason, the instrument approaches no longer appear in the GPS and all aircrafts are flying visual approaches.  

How can I re-insert the approaches so that aircrafts can fly ILS's and other non-precision approaches?

Thanks
When you modify a default airport's file, you substitute your file for the default file; in other words, your modified AFCAD takes precedence over the default.  If you did not include instrument approaches in your modified file (even just copy/paste from the original .bgl), then you won't have those approaches in-game.

In AFCAD's "Open Airport", use the locator to find your airport.  When it comes up you should see two entries for it ... the original file, and one with (Mod) at the end.  Open the original file, right click on a blank part of the display, and select properties.  Look for and write down the name of the file and it's specific location.

You can then use WordPad or Notepad to open that file, locate the sections that detail the instrument approaches, and copy/paste those sections into your modified file.