#22 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 02:18 PM, said:

Well, he really doesn't need a vacation for the very little 4 years he's in the white house :hrmm:

My family takes a vacation every year.  Good way to break from the norm. and spend time together.

Considering the stress of his job, I'd think the President should take at least 1 or 2 vacations during his term.  Of course, his vacation consists of having people by his side all the time and a way of being a phone call away from anyone he needs to be.  But still...

#23 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 01:18 PM, said:

Well, he really doesn't need a vacation for the very little 4 years he's in the white house :hrmm:

Well, I guess if he doesn't need a vacation for 4 short years of the most stressful job on the planet, then no one else needs any vacation at all!

#24 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostAlaska_MD-83, on Nov 24 2010, 04:22 PM, said:

Well, I guess if he doesn't need a vacation for 4 short years of the most stressful job on the planet, then no one else needs any vacation at all!

Most stressful job on the planet? Uhh... no. He has his cabinet, advisors, and many other people that basically do his job for him. My family takes a trip, 1 trip, every few years. I can tell you that we need not take a 747 every time we go.

View PostLA_BOS, on Nov 24 2010, 04:20 PM, said:

My family takes a vacation every year.  Good way to break from the norm. and spend time together.

Considering the stress of his job, I'd think the President should take at least 1 or 2 vacations during his term.  Of course, his vacation consists of having people by his side all the time and a way of being a phone call away from anyone he needs to be.  But still...
But you work for the money to pay for that trip, right? In other words, the government doesn't give you the money for the trip?

#25 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 02:26 PM, said:

I can tell you that we need not take a 747 every time we go.

I'd hope not.  You're not the President of the United States, one of, if not the, most powerful country in the world.

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 02:27 PM, said:

But you work for the money to pay for that trip, right? In other words, the government doesn't give you the money for the trip?

President Obama works for his vacations too.

Do you realize how much he is actually getting paid?  He makes WAYYY less than the CEO of Walmart (whose in-store employees are probably making minimum wage).  All things considered, he isn't getting paid that much in actual money.  And instead of tons of money, he has government resources available to him.

#26 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostLA_BOS, on Nov 24 2010, 04:30 PM, said:

I'd hope not.  You're not the President of the United States, one of, if not the, most powerful country in the world.
President Obama works for his vacations too.

Do you realize how much he is actually getting paid?  He makes WAYYY less than the CEO of Walmart (whose in-store employees are probably making minimum wage).  All things considered, he isn't getting paid that much in actual money.  And instead of tons of money, he has government resources available to him.

I don't care how powerful he is. In reality, he's not powerful at all. He can't even declare war  :hrmm:

He is making about 200,000 a year last I heard. That's more than a LOT of families in the U.S. He also eats for free and he lives in an absolutely amazing house, for free. We shouldn't have to pay for him to get out of the tough life at the White House for a vacation.

#27 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 02:37 PM, said:

I don't care how powerful he is. In reality, he's not powerful at all. He can't even declare war  :hrmm:

He is making about 200,000 a year last I heard. That's more than a LOT of families in the U.S. He also eats for free and he lives in an absolutely amazing house, for free. We shouldn't have to pay for him to get out of the tough life at the White House for a vacation.

I didn't say he is powerful.  I said he leads the most, or one of the most, powerful countries in the world.  There stress that goes along with that.

You make it sound like he has a simple life.  Sure, he isn't living off minimum wage or living in extreme poverty, but there is still extreme amounts of stress in his job and life, as with any president.

Edited by LA_BOS, 24 November 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#28 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

I don't care how powerful he is. In reality, he's not powerful at all.
Yet he's a dirt bag driving this country into oblivion. Nice.

#29 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

View PostLA_BOS, on Nov 24 2010, 04:38 PM, said:

I didn't say he is powerful.  I said he leads the most, or one of the most, powerful countries in the world.  There stress that goes along with that.

You make it sound like he has a simple life.  Sure, he isn't living off minimum wage or living in extreme poverty, but there is still extreme amounts of stress in his job and life, as with any president.

He is not the leader of our country. He is merely a component of our country. He only leads our foreign relations really.

Yeah, almost as much stress as living on the streets wondering if you'll be able to feed your family that night.

Edited by 7-5-7, 24 November 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#30 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

The White House is amazing? Since when? Other than the history behind it and its rooms, I think it's the ugliest house ever created.

#31 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on Nov 24 2010, 04:46 PM, said:

The White House is amazing? Since when? Other than the history behind it and its rooms, I think it's the ugliest house ever created.

I know, I would HATE having 5 full time chefs, a bowling alley, putting green, swimming pool, tennis court, and jogging court in my house. Tough life, good thing the taxpayers can unwillingly pay for a vacation so I can go do the same things somewhere else  :hrmm:

#32 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

I can cook very well.
I don't bowl.
I'm a member of a country club.
I have a swimming pool.
There are private tennis courts down the street.
And a jogging court is what?

To summarize the point of my post: What has any of that have to do with the actual house and the hideous architecture?

Edited by SwitchFX, 24 November 2010 - 04:58 PM.

#33 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on Nov 24 2010, 04:58 PM, said:

What has any of that have to do with the actual house and the hideous architecture?

It doesn't  :hrmm:

#34 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 02:52 PM, said:

I know, I forgot I have to support everybody else in the topic, otherwise I am automatically blamed for a flame war  :hrmm: what a failure of a system.

EDIT: you do realize that the statement of which you are questioning has really nothing to do with politics : /

I'm not sure if you were referring to the current president or the current majority speaker of the house, but either way, your "dirt bag" comment was completely uncalled for. Do you honestly think that was okay? Also, nobody wants to hear your political views.

Also, your attacks on Obama are quite ridiculous. I can't believe you are saying he shouldn't be allowed to go on any vacations, or are claiming that his job isn't that stressful, or suggesting we should put him on a commercial jet for all traveling. It seems like you're just desperate to criticize him.

#35 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Nov 24 2010, 06:11 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you were referring to the current president or the current majority speaker of the house, but either way, your "dirt bag" comment was completely uncalled for. Do you honestly think that was okay? Also, nobody wants to hear your political views.

Also, your attacks on Obama are quite ridiculous. I can't believe you are saying he shouldn't be allowed to go on any vacations, or are claiming that his job isn't that stressful, or suggesting we should put him on a commercial jet for all traveling. It seems like you're just desperate to criticize him.

You truly don't realize how absolutely dumb your post was :hrmm:

Why should the taxpayers pay for his vacation. I never said he shouldn't be on vacation, not at our expense. I would say the same thing about any president: republican, democrat, black, white, it doesn't matter to me.

#36 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 05:14 PM, said:

I never said he shouldn't be on vacation

Can you say....

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 03:18 PM, said:

...LAWL?

Also, your punctuation could use some work.

You truly don't realize how absolutely dumb your post was. :hrmm:

Why should the taxpayers pay for his vacation?

No, the arguments are not entirely your fault, but you're usually the instigator. Also, there isn't any need to call other's posts dumb, or to to post lots of snarky replies with mocking emoticons.

Edited by Buziel-411_RED, 24 November 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#37 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Nov 24 2010, 06:41 PM, said:

Can you say....
...LAWL?

Also, your punctuation could use some work.
No, the arguments are not entirely your fault, but you're usually the instigator. Also, there isn't any need to call other's posts dumb, or to to post lots of snarky replies with mocking emoticons.

My statement said, "he really shouldn't be" not, "he shouldn't be." There's a difference. :hrmm:

LAWL is not a word in the English language, therefore, I would not say it. Although, I probably could say it.

If a post is dumb, I will point it out in the nicest way possible.

#38 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 06:13 PM, said:

If a post is dumb, I will point it out in the nicest way possible.

You mean like this: ^wow, that is a really dumb post. :hrmm:

Whether you think a post is dumb or not, it isn't your place to say so on the public forum, especially if you are going to "nicely" tell them but also laugh at them.

#39 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

View PostLA_BOS, on Nov 24 2010, 08:16 PM, said:

You mean like this: ^wow, that is a really dumb post. :hrmm:

Whether you think a post is dumb or not, it isn't your place to say so on the public forum, especially if you are going to "nicely" tell them but also laugh at them.

I've tried stating my opinion nicely at this forum, however, I am constantly attacked and therefore I have changed my angle of attack, if you will. Therefore, I'm not going to nicely oppose your opinions/posts. Instead, I'm going to do what is done to me. :P

"Treat others the way you wish to be treated."

EDIT: If I'm the idiot everyone says I am, then nobody would take such offense to me calling them dumb, nor would they make such an effort to prove me wrong. :hrmm:

Edited by 7-5-7, 24 November 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#40 mhockey21

mhockey21

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 02:27 PM, said:

Most stressful job on the planet? Uhh... no. He has his cabinet, advisors, and many other people that basically do his job for him. My family takes a trip, 1 trip, every few years. I can tell you that we need not take a 747 every time we go.

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 02:42 PM, said:

He is not the leader of our country. He is merely a component of our country. He only leads our foreign relations really.

Yeah, almost as much stress as living on the streets wondering if you'll be able to feed your family that night.

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 04:14 PM, said:

You truly don't realize how absolutely dumb your post was :hrmm:

Why should the taxpayers pay for his vacation. I never said he shouldn't be on vacation, not at our expense. I would say the same thing about any president: republican, democrat, black, white, it doesn't matter to me.

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 24 2010, 06:23 PM, said:

I've tried stating my opinion nicely at this forum, however, I am constantly attacked and therefore I have changed my angle of attack, if you will. Therefore, I'm not going to nicely oppose your opinions/posts. Instead, I'm going to do what is done to me. ;)

"Treat others the way you wish to be treated."

EDIT: If I'm the idiot everyone says I am, then nobody would take such offense to me calling them dumb, nor would they make such an effort to prove me wrong. :P
Now if John MaCain or another Republican was in office, tell me honestly you would be making all the same remarks?