#1 jcrouse55

jcrouse55

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi all,

I have just purchased a EVGA GTX 460SE and can not get the GPU3 Client to work. I need to know if I am doing something wrong or what client to download.

Not sure with this new card yet. I did not buy it on purpose, The site at Tigerdirect said it had 336 core processors but EVGA site said 288 and it only has 288. I had a heck of a time with the only driver available for it now.

I hope I don't have to return it!

Thanks for the input.  

John

#2 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

Very odd....man why didn't you just buy the regular 460's from Newegg with their 10% off promo about a month ago now?!?  :hrmm:

The issue is most likely driver support at the moment.  GPU3 might not recognize the SE version yet.  Are you using an EVGA driver or one from Nvidia's website?

#3 jcrouse55

jcrouse55

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

Hey Toby, yep I screwed up for sure. I just 1gb memory and GTX460 and it the buy button. Then I went to EVGA's site and started looking at the specs and they did not match Tigerdirect's site. Thats when I realized I screwed up BIG time. But everytime I went to Newegg to purchase those other cards, they were either out of them or Paypal link was not working.

But I will deal with it. And I think you are right about the driver issue because it was a allday project getting a driver that would keep from giving me a Blue Screen problem.

Plus EVGA won't let do a step-up program, they say it isn't eligible.

And the driver is from Nvidia, the one that came on the driver disc was a real problem.  I HATE NEW CARDS!!!!

Edited by jcrouse55, 02 December 2010 - 01:51 AM.

#4 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

Wow that's very odd that EVGA won't do a step-up program.  The good thing is that the SE actually offers 256-bit 1GB memory, so in overall performance the card isn't too far behind the 768MB model, sometimes providing higher "lowest FPS numbers" due to having the wider bus and more memory.  In SLI these things should still be enough juice to play the latest game titles (minus FSX) at their highest level (DX11).