#41 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Dec 24 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

This is what I poster in another thread....

Why don't we take a closer look at what is in the last vid......anything in this vid. to remind you of FSX....about a couple of things....look closely at the back wheel of the plane....sinked half way in the runway....look familiar to you.....you'r right we have the same problem with FSX....now look at the lower right corner of your screen when the plane is in the air over the runway.....what do you see....you got it right again....stutters......about the trees.....do they look oversized compare to the houses......do we have that problem in FSX...you "betcha"..... so how does the saying goes...if it walk like a duck, quack like a duck and look like a duck.....guess what....it's a freeking DUCK!

Now to their credit I have to say that the sky, water the sun reflections + shadows look far better.....DX10 or DX11....maybe.....lets see some cockpit shadow first and we will have a better idea.

To me Flight is (based on what I saw in the last vid.) FSX SP3....I'm just hoping I'm wrong.....so if you think I'm wrong please feel free to show me where based on what we can see in the last released vid.

I watched the Flight trailer (the first video) on the Flight website. There were stutters. I then found an HD download of it. I watched it using Windows media player. no stutters. It's the flash website that gives the video stutters. If you look at the prop on the boeing stearman in webisode 2, you can see spaces in the prop from time to time. I get this same thing in my FSX with FPS at 30-40. Lower than that, I don't get it much. So this is a good sign that there were indeed good fps when the Flight video was recorded. The powerful flash website just bogs down your computer and adds some stutters.

As for the tail wheel being in the ground. It's a simple contact point fix. Who ever worked on the Stearman didn't place the tailwheel contact point low enough, causing the wheel mesh to dip into the ground.

Edited by Hughes-MDflyer4, 24 December 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#42 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

View Postwynthorpe, on Dec 24 2010, 03:23 PM, said:

I would agree with Hughes-MDflyer! It does look better, by quite some margin.
Yes, very usefull. Would you tell us "what" looks better exactely ?
And it looks better than default FSX ? Yes. Better than FSX with freeware addons ? No.

Edited by Daube, 24 December 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#43 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

Quote:

I watched the Flight trailer (the first video) on the Flight website. There were stutters. I then found an HD download of it. I watched it using Windows media player. no stutters. It's the flash website that gives the video stutters. If you look at the prop on the boeing stearman in webisode 2, you can see spaces in the prop from time to time. I get this same thing in my FSX with FPS at 30-40. Lower than that, I don't get it much. So this is a good sign that there were indeed good fps when the Flight video was recorded. The powerful flash website just bogs down your computer and adds some stutters.

As for the tail wheel being in the ground. It's a simple contact point fix. Who ever worked on the Stearman didn't place the tailwheel contact point low enough, causing the wheel mesh to dip into the ground.
============================================================================

Let say your right (sure they can re-write the code) what about the other point I made....?

You can't just take one and say "It's a brand new engine"   it still look like a duck to me...

Edited by alainneedle1, 24 December 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#44 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Dec 24 2010, 01:03 PM, said:

Let's say your right about this one (sure they can re-write the code) what about the other point I made.....?

Still look like a duck to me.

You need to remember that the screens and video are taken in early development. It will be some time before the release, so there is still room for improvement.

#45 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Dec 24 2010, 04:08 PM, said:

You need to remember that the screens and video are taken in early development. It will be some time before the release, so there is still room for improvement.
Is this you way of saying your agreeing with me..... :hrmm:

#46 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Dec 24 2010, 01:17 PM, said:

Is this you way of saying your agreeing with me..... :hrmm:

I'm not saying I agree with you. Flight looks better than FSX, yes. But I'm sure they can still make it look even better. We have know idea what's going on behind the scenes or what the screenshots aren't showing us.

#47 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

Like ive said before i just hope they sort out the airports. I find the afcad style airports look like :hrmm:. i mean were still missing current FAA markings and lots of other things. floating lights, no choice of markings colours or black borders for concrete runways. Surely they should be thinking of updating the global airport side of things don't we agree?  :hrmm:

#48 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

I understand everybody want a brand new sim. me first.....but looking at the last vid. I can clearly see FSX....look at the last vid. when the plane is banking you can see the airport on the right....now pause it and look at the lower right corner....what do you see....there is a gaz pumping station.....same model we can all see all over FSX.

It's FSX SP3....hey! don't get me wrong... if that's what it is it's not that bad...I mean what ever improvement they can make to FSX I'm all for it but it's still a freeking DUCK..  :hrmm:  ..seriously just look at what is in the last vid. not at what is not there, we can all speculate and dream about a new sim. with DX11, hyperthreading, using as many core as you can give it, double, tri or quad SLI compatible but the reality is (looking at the last vid.) it's FSX SP3.

#49 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

When is the release date again?

#50 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:44 AM

There is no release date, but some speculated before Christmas 2010 (which is not happening) so I would assume sometime early 2011.

#51 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

View PostEbenezer_Scrooge, on Dec 25 2010, 10:14 PM, said:

There is no release date, but some speculated before Christmas 2010 (which is not happening) so I would assume sometime early 2011.

They said it's in early development still, so maybe Fall 2011? :hrmm:

#52 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

View Postpyruvate, on Dec 25 2010, 11:00 AM, said:

They said it's in early development still, so maybe Fall 2011? :hrmm:

That's possible. I didn't really research it that well.

#53 Captain Quagmire

Captain Quagmire

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

I would be very surprised if it even gets released next year. I'm expecting a 2012 release as they claim to be starting from scratch.

#54 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

^ They said they're "fixing up" the problems with FSX, nothing about starting from scratch.

#55 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:10 PM

View PostCaptain Quagmire, on Dec 25 2010, 11:27 AM, said:

I would be very surprised if it even gets released next year. I'm expecting a 2012 release as they claim to be starting from scratch.

View Postpyruvate, on Dec 25 2010, 12:42 PM, said:

^ They said they're "fixing up" the problems with FSX, nothing about starting from scratch.

Just for the sake of discussion, this is what I've found on the Flight website that addresses the "new" and performance.

From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight.

With “Microsoft Flight" we're approaching the virtual flight genre from the ground up...

The new “Microsoft Flight" retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity.

It means improving the user-interface experience, achieving better performance on today's hardware, providing more focused challenges for people who aren't quite sure what to do next, and introducing more persistent experiences for people who return often.

The new “Microsoft Flight" retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel.

Unfortunately, I don't think they were talking about the engine, but rather the new "user experiences."

#56 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

View Postpyruvate, on Dec 25 2010, 01:42 PM, said:

Now a post who does make sense.....why ....because of facts not speculations....thank you.

@ evrybody else ....I just can't understand all the speculations about what's not in the released vid., why don't we talk about what we know for sure already....why is it so hard to see it for what it is.....FSX SP3.

@ Hughes-MDflyer4, since when is FSX (or Flight if you like this better) in the addons business?? Why do you think Flight look better?? Ask yourself why is it that none and I mean NONE of the FSX addons company are mad at the new comming Flight....did you asked yourself why, so there is your answer about why FSX is looking better.....You want FSX SP3 to look better...... well....keep your credit card ready...or stay with FSX SP2...

View PostRudolph-411, on Dec 25 2010, 02:10 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I don't think they were talking about the engine, but rather the new "user experiences."

Exactly, facts no speculations.....nothing about a new engine but everything about "achieving better performance on today's hardware"  ...with what.... FSX..... SP3.

#57 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Dec 25 2010, 01:49 PM, said:

Now a post who does make sense.....why ....because of facts not speculations....thank you.

@ evrybody else ....I just can't understand all the speculations about what's not in the released vid., why don't we talk about what we know for sure already....why is it so hard to see it for what it is.....FSX SP3.

What? :hrmm: We know very little "for sure."

You criticize Hughes for speculating, however, you know nothing more about Flight than he does. It might be FSX SP3, it might be a whole new simulation, we just don't know. Only time will tell.

Anyways... As far as the graphics go, from what we've seen, yes, they look improved. However, I'm sure most of the community is more excited about the potential for addon developers rather than the default graphics.

#58 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

View PostRudolph-411, on Dec 25 2010, 03:21 PM, said:

What? :hrmm: We know very little "for sure."

You criticize Hughes for speculating, however, you know nothing more about Flight than he does. It might be FSX SP3, it might be a whole new simulation, we just don't know. Only time will tell.

Anyways... As far as the graphics go, from what we've seen, yes, they look improved. However, I'm sure most of the community is more excited about the potential for addon developers rather than the default graphics.

I'm not criticizing anybody, I'm just stating what I observed in all the vid. released......and you'r right I can't talk about what I don't know....

You want speculations here are some......you want to play Flight....get online like everybody else...all the info you need are already released....can you read between the lines...

From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight.

Market place.......get your CC ready to buy addons from Microsoft virtual store to have them integrated in Flight....pay as you go....

Still look like a DUCK to me..........

Edited by alainneedle1, 25 December 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#59 _BD6_

_BD6_

June '10 Screenshot Hotshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Dec 25 2010, 03:42 PM, said:

I'm not criticizing anybody, I'm just stating what I observed in all the vid. released......and you'r right I can't talk about what I don't know....

You want speculations here are some......you want to play Flight....get online like everybody else...all the info you need are already released....can you read between the lines...

Market place.......get your CC ready to buy addons from Microsoft virtual store to have them integrated in Flight....pay as you go....

You're just babbling on like a moron, I'm sorry.

View PostDaube, on Dec 24 2010, 01:53 PM, said:

Learn to read and understand the answers.
I'm not saying that Flight is not able to show better scenery than FSX is.
I'm saying that IN THOSE SCREENSHOTS, Flight looks just the same than FSX, contrary to Hughes-MDflyer4 who stated that we were blind not to aknowledge that Flight looked better.
Uh, thanks? I can read.

You posted screenshots with an add-on plane, add-on scenery in response to Hughes and said basically "See? Flight doesn't look BETTER than FSX.."

His point (and my point I guess) is that already at it's DEFAULT stage, it does look as good as FSX with freeware (and maybe even some payware) scenery add-ons.

I don't understand why you're rambling on and on about FSX with add-ons. Let's just compare the 2 simulations side by side, with NO add-ons... should be pretty simple, no?

Learn how to make proper comparisons.

#60 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

All the info?  :hrmm: We've seen a little less than two minutes of early development gameplay footage, one prerendered video, six screenshots, and a few paragraphs of incredibly vague babble by Microsoft about new experiences...

What's wrong with a marketplace? I, for one, hope it will enforce payware addon developers to make sure their addons meet certain standards and offer basic compatibility, and depending on what Microsoft does with the idea, I guess it could also cut down on piracy.

We hardly know anything about it.