6 replies to this topic

#1 jcrouse55

jcrouse55

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Hi everyone, as the title says I just purchased a new GTX570 and want to get the most out of my rig for Folding@Home. I would like to get the best clients to run and how to set them up so I get the most PPD. I would like to see the points that Fighter is getting or something close.

I need your help guys!  Thanks John

#2 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:44 AM

Well, to get the points Fighter is getting you need to run the -bigadv flag with your i7 as well as have a passkey that you enter in the client config when you set it up.

As for the GTX 570, just download the GPU3 client and add the -advmethods flag.  Then overclock the Core & Shaders and that's it!  Depending on the work unit, you should see around 15-18K PPD from the GTX 570 alone.  Congrats on the purchase!

#3 jcrouse55

jcrouse55

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

Ok I finally have the clients set-up right to take advantage of the i7 and the new GTX570- I'm currently getting almost 40,000.00 points a day and when I finish this next CPU client it should go up. Here is a screenie.

Posted Image

#4 _TW_

_TW_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

Wow, congratulations on setting it up.  That's a very healthy number of PPD for one rig John, thanks for contributing so much!  I can't wait to get off this laptop and complete my new rig, sucks not being able to fold at the moment!

#5 jcrouse55

jcrouse55

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Thanks Toby, for sure that sucks! When do you think you will up and running again? Are you waiting on Sandybridge?
I finally cleaned up some of my quick launch icons. I will be getting a new SSD drive soon and will have to do reinstall of Windows 7, so I am cleaning things up for a good back up.

Edited by jcrouse55, 12 February 2011 - 02:47 AM.

#6 _TW_

_TW_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Well, I've got the 2600K but never made my mind up on which motherboard to purchase.  Before I knew it, Intel released their "recall" so I will have to wait until mid-March until the boards are available again.  I'm also waiting on the release of the Corsair H60 cooler, which should be around the same time that the P67 boards come back in stock.  

I decided to part out my system which worked very well, I've only got the case and power supply left.  My 320GB hard drive that took a dive was sent to Samsung so I'm hoping I get a good one back (Thankfully the drive was still under warranty).

Can't be spending too much on this upgrade, got accepted into College and will be moving to Tampa in June so it's time to start saving up as much as I can!  :hrmm:

#7 jcrouse55

jcrouse55

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

Congrats on the college and move to Tampa. I hope thats what you wanted! Good luck with the build too.