I don't see cloud shadows, I do see shadows from hills though

#23 usnchris

usnchris

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

I'd have to say the most incredible detail I notice here is the waves-beach relation......looks beautiful!

#24 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

Amazing comparisons! Shows that everything in Flight blends much better than in FSX.

#25 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Nevermind. It was the reflection from the hillside. :hrmm: Maybe they'll do cloud shadows too!  :hrmm:

#26 -SE-

-SE-

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Flight actually looks pretty good, better than FSX at least, looking forward to the release.

Edited by SE-REF, 02 June 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#27 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

SwitchFX, on Jun 2 2011, 02:14 AM, said:

Wow. That is a huge improvement so far. I never noticed that in FSX the plane doesn't give shadow to itself, but in Flight it does. Good stuff. Thanks for posting!

errr - FSX does support "Self-Shadowing"

(How do I embed a YouTube video??)

Edited by Jonay, 02 June 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#28 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

Jonay, on Jun 2 2011, 05:21 PM, said:

errr - FSX does support "Self-Shadowing"

(How do I embed a YouTube video??)

Put the highlighted data in the YouTube tags.

[youtube][/youtube]

Posted Image

#29 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'm game for it, as I've stated in previous posts if I can get FSX graphics with performance gains thats all I need, not to mention some of those blended airport shots in flight look very appealing

#30 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

The comparison is a huge sigh of relief for me.

Microsoft Flight looks much clearer than the hazy/poor textures in FSX.

#31 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hmm it seems its hotting up, i am at last mildly impressed with whats been shown. Although i fear that this section that their showing is going to be a detailed region (just like their detialed airports) and its not representative of what europe or possibly more remote area of the usa will look like. If all the airports are going to have that level of realism becasue it does look good... no doubt then i can see it being a deffinate step up from FSX. im hoping myabe like veryone else that the clould shadow shaders get sorted and optimized, and some sort of realistic night airport lighting gets implimented. I will then be sold  :hrmm:

#32 Cereal_Guy

Cereal_Guy

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

is it me or do the clouds look more....puffy?

#33 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Spam, on Jun 4 2011, 09:01 AM, said:

Hmm it seems its hotting up, i am at last mildly impressed with whats been shown. Although i fear that this section that their showing is going to be a detailed region (just like their detialed airports) and its not representative of what europe or possibly more remote area of the usa will look like. If all the airports are going to have that level of realism becasue it does look good... no doubt then i can see it being a deffinate step up from FSX. im hoping myabe like veryone else that the clould shadow shaders get sorted and optimized, and some sort of realistic night airport lighting gets implimented. I will then be sold  :hrmm:
Yeah I agree to this. I'd like to see a comparative shot of Kuwait in FSX and MS Flight. Then if they can make Kuwait look better, you can rest assure they'll make remote places in USA and Europe look good. :hrmm:

#34 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

I wonder if they chose oahu and honolulu intl as their TNCM detail area for flight  : ) either way im excited

#35 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

this is what I meant to say in the previous post.......Remember how they chose St. Maarten and Princess Juliana in FSX as a high detail area?? I wonder if Oahu and Honolulu as the high detail area for Flight? Either way I'm excited, can't wait for it

#36 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:30 AM

Nate, the issue with your theory is that those three airports are popular with simmers. I personally prefer Honolulu. Using those areas for the screenshots would make as much sense as wearing sunglasses while driving at night. To put it simply, they're not going to pick out frequently used airports to get people's hopes up like they did with FSX.

#37 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

SwitchFX, on Jun 8 2011, 05:30 AM, said:

Nate, the issue with your theory is that those three airports are popular with simmers. I personally prefer Honolulu. Using those areas for the screenshots would make as much sense as wearing sunglasses while driving at night. To put it simply, they're not going to pick out frequently used airports to get people's hopes up like they did with FSX.

thats a good point, I did not mean to say why did they not show TNCM shots, I was saying I wonder if one of the high detail areas in Flight is going to be Honolulu this time but I agree with what you say, I hope its true, for I prefer Hawaii as well!

Edited by fsxnate, 08 June 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#38 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

I understand what you're saying now. With a new, modern engine and much better code, it could be said that Microsoft may throw everything they've got at it and make every airport detailed. Okay, not every airport, but 85% of them. Let's not forget it would be useless to create an ultra-detailed airport that's really just a landing strip out in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by SwitchFX, 08 June 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#39 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

The thing is, will they use a modern engine made from scratch, or will Flight use once again the bloated engine from FS95?

#40 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:42 AM

Kaotika, on Jun 9 2011, 05:09 AM, said:

The thing is, will they use a modern engine made from scratch, or will Flight use once again the bloated engine from FS95?
If I'm not mistaken it's a whole new engine from scratch. :hrmm:

fsxnate, on Jun 8 2011, 02:17 PM, said:

thats a good point, I did not mean to say why did they not show TNCM shots, I was saying I wonder if one of the high detail areas in Flight is going to be Honolulu this time but I agree with what you say, I hope its true, for I prefer Hawaii as well!
I know what you mean. I fear this actually. We all look amazed by the huge difference in MS Flight shots but might end up gutted to see other areas around the world bland and boring. Although, I can tell one obvious difference from the shots and that is the sky textures seem less hazy/milky than in FSX, and more close to the real thing.