#24 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 08:14 AM

Ask and ye shall receive :o

That page isn't linked anywhere else on the site since we're not quite done with it yet, but everything works.

#25 fs2006!!!

fs2006!!!

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:08 PM

i love ils

#26 Pavehawk

Pavehawk

Contributor\Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:56 PM

I fly manual :o

#27 bub89y2k

bub89y2k

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:13 PM

Brad, on Aug 25 2003, 02:04 PM, said:

Nick, on Aug 25 2003, 12:40 PM, said:

Thanks for the tutorial but how do u use the ILS to land the plane (Example: Boeing 737-400) on autopilot???
That's autoland, a very different animal.
B) Not really. :P   Get the ILS approach radio for the runway you want to land on, and set it in NAV 1.  Then, set the autopilot to APPROACH( you must be within 10nm).  The only thing is I don't know how to do altitude, so I use altitude hold, and for the last 100 feet (altitude) or so I fly it manually (Ex. runway is +83 ft., I use autopilot to +100 ft. and then slowly ease down for a gentle landing.  Timing it right when, for example, the landing is +15, is difficult, unless you can get the appropriate glide slope on the auopilot altitude, which is even more difficult. :o

#28 newflyer

newflyer

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:00 PM

What have I done wrong, here is a shot, and I double checked the freq., it's right, and the glidescope matched the PAPI lights, but my "beanbar" is way off, but as you can see I am lined up with the runway on the GPS, what is wrong?:

Posted Image

Help!

#29 Lendrik

Lendrik

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:01 AM

newflyer, on Mar 7 2004, 07:00 PM, said:

What have I done wrong, here is a shot, and I double checked the freq., it's right, and the glidescope matched the PAPI lights, but my "beanbar" is way off, but as you can see I am lined up with the runway on the GPS, what is wrong?:

Help!
You ARE lined up correctly. But the course (CRS on autopilot) should be set to 034, not 340! That's a common mistake noobies make.  :o

#30 newflyer

newflyer

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:10 PM

But I thought that heading was for the autopilot, and not the ILS, I guess I need to do that as well, and from now on, watch who you call a n00b, I have so many more posts here than you do it's not even funny, so just watch out or you're gonna get flamed.

#31 Lendrik

Lendrik

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:51 PM

newflyer, on Mar 9 2004, 03:10 PM, said:

But I thought that heading was for the autopilot, and not the ILS, I guess I need to do that as well, and from now on, watch who you call a n00b, I have so many more posts here than you do it's not even funny, so just watch out or you're gonna get flamed.
Easy, easy. The number of posts on this forum has nothing to do with flying skills (real or simming).  :o

Basically, I've figured it out myself - setting the course on autopilot (on 777, don't know about other planes) rotates that big needle, along with the bean bar, to align with that course. So, when you are heading that course, the bean bar is vertical relative to you and will show if you're on, to the left or to the right of the centreline.

You don't really have to do that. Just by looking at the compass in your screenshot, you can see that the bean bar is in the centre of the little plane, which means that you are lined up along the centreline. The bean bar doesn't rotate, it only goes sideways towards those four dots to either side of the little plane. If you tilt your head slightly to the left you'll see what I mean.

#32 leo03000

leo03000

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:39 PM

i feel so informed  :o

#33 Hawker

Hawker

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 05:26 PM

:o wow.....my flight instructor has nothing on yall  :P  

learning VOR feels like learning HTML/CSS all over again..........hard, but worth it. this ILS stuff is alot easier tho

#34 Aleksandar Petrovic

Aleksandar Petrovic

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:36 PM

This is my problem, i know how to do all that but i don't know how to set the radio up, and where i find the requiered frequencie that i need to set up can you please tell me how to do that

Attached Files

#35 Lendrik

Lendrik

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 03:34 AM

Aleksandar Petrovic, on Mar 27 2004, 07:36 PM, said:

This is my problem, i know how to do all that but i don't know how to set the radio up, and where i find the requiered frequencie that i need to set up can you please tell me how to do that
*Puts his thinking hat on*

OK, let me see if I can help.

1. You can find the required frequences in the map view. Open the map view, then find the airport you want to land in and find the ILS "feather" for the runway you want to land on. ILS "feathers" look like long green spikes sticking out of the runways. Click on the "feather" and its ILS frequency will pop up.

2. On the radio stack, use NAV1 part to enter the frequency. There are two displays, the active one and the standby one, with a button between them to switch the frequencies from standby to the active. You enter the frequency into the standby window and press the button to make it active (it will show up in the "active" window).

Somewhere on the radiostack there's a NAV1 button, click it to switch its receiver on. As soon as you are close enough to intercept the ILS signal, you will hear the morse code for that frequency and the ILS needles will start showing your position relative to the glidescope and localiser.

I think there's tutorial on using the radio stack in FS 2004 Learning Centre.

#36 Aleksandar Petrovic

Aleksandar Petrovic

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 03:43 AM

Thanks heaps you really helped

THX THX THX  :o  :P

Attached Files

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:15 PM

sweet thread fellas :o .. has been a good help for the casual browser
cheers
R

#38 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:33 AM

same as above
thanx
$tEf@n!

#39 Captain R

Captain R

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:51 PM

awesome!

#40 speedbird1234

speedbird1234

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:58 AM

All this really is of great help fellas. Thanks a million.
ILS landings will be my thing from now on. Just been doing them all visually, which can be a pain in bad weather.

Cheers again to all who have contributed.