3 replies to this topic

#1 Zyme

Zyme

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

I picked up the fascinating Aerosoft Catalina PBY for FSX and it's really an advanced aircraft for me. Therefor I'm looking for someone who wants to do some multiplayer sessions with it and be the pilot, or co-pilot (it does not matter to me) to have some fun.

I am pretty new and there is a lot of stuff I have to figure out, so it would just be a nice experience. I mainly want to try out the share aircraft feature of FSX to have som fun with it in an advanced aircraft. Turning knobs, flipping switches, maintaning the flight at highest realism setting.

So far I managed to:

- Start up from dark and cold
- Take off
- Cruise, however I have problems with the engine shutting down in the middle of cruise due to bad mixture controls
- Landing on water

Things I can't wrap my head around is the:

- GPS
- Mixture controls while cruising
- What everything in the cockpit is and does
- What to do when something fails

It would be cool if someone is experienced with this particular addon so we could do some advanced flying (like failures) and a full flight with the GPS.

I am eager and willing to learn as this aircraft seems more approachable than a 737.

Right now I am flying around the ORBX Pacific Fjords scenery which I prefer if anyone wants to do this.

Communicating via Skype preferred. I am based in Scandinavia.

Send a PM if interested! Thanks!

#2 Zyme

Zyme

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

After finding out the sad fact that it's NOT possible to share an aircraft with addon planes in FSX, my offer still stands with using any default aircraft.

Right now trying to learn the Grumman Goose inside out!

#3 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

View PostZyme, on Aug 9 2011, 06:34 PM, said:

After finding out the sad fact that it's NOT possible to share an aircraft with addon planes in FSX, my offer still stands with using any default aircraft.

Right now trying to learn the Grumman Goose inside out!

Yes, it is entirely possible. Both people must have the same aircraft and variant. We've done it in the F-16D and a few helos

#4 tvieno

tvieno

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Off topic... that's a good plane!  Then again, I have yet to be disappointed with Aerosoft's planes.