- - - - -

Can I request aircraft for Microsoft Flight?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

I would like to make a request to Microsoft about including two aircraft I would love to see, but I'm not sure how to do so. I could contact them through the official e-mail, but since that's intended for Microsoft Flight feedback, I wouldn't want to send anything else than that. Does anyone know how I can make that request?

Edited by Kaotika, 21 August 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#2 mhockey21

mhockey21

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

They don't care what you want.

#3 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

View Postmhockey21, on Aug 21 2011, 10:04 PM, said:

So I shouldn't send it then. Thank you.

#4 linux731

linux731

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

View PostKaotika, on Aug 21 2011, 02:02 PM, said:

I would like to make a request to Microsoft about including two aircraft I would love to see, but I'm not sure how to do so. I could contact them through the official e-mail, but since that's intended for Microsoft Flight feedback, I wouldn't want to send anything else than that. Does anyone know how I can make that request?

msflight@microsoft.com

View Postmhockey21, on Aug 21 2011, 02:04 PM, said:

Yes they do. I sent them feedback about addons and they said they'd consider it. So yes they do.

#5 roboa

roboa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

With all due respect mate, they're not going to turn round and tell you that whatever you've suggested is crap or that they don't care about what you want. They're always going to reply saying they'll consider it etc.; they have to sell this game and maintain customer relations remember!

That said, there's no harm in sending them a suggestion!

#6 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

Now I'm confused, should I send an e-mail or not? Do they really care what we would like to see in the game?

linux731, what did you say and how did they respond? Did it look like an automatic message or was it a real reply?

#7 linux731

linux731

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

View PostKaotika, on Aug 21 2011, 04:24 PM, said:

Now I'm confused, should I send an e-mail or not? Do they really care what we would like to see in the game?

linux731, what did you say and how did they respond? Did it look like an automatic message or was it a real reply?

It seemed pretty legit. The person who replied actually talked about what I asked (I asked them that there was a roomer that there would be no add ons for MF) and said it was a lie. So yes, I think it was real reply. Also, it took a while to arrive (the response) so it didn't seem automatic.

#8 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postlinux731, on Aug 22 2011, 12:33 AM, said:

It seemed pretty legit. The person who replied actually talked about what I asked (I asked them that there was a roomer that there would be no add ons for MF) and said it was a lie. So yes, I think it was real reply. Also, it took a while to arrive (the response) so it didn't seem automatic.

OK, thank you for the information. Though I'm not sure if they'll care about the fact I want the game to have a specific aircraft I want, so I might ask if it's going to be included.

#9 linux731

linux731

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

View PostKaotika, on Aug 21 2011, 04:35 PM, said:

OK, thank you for the information. Though I'm not sure if they'll care about the fact I want the game to have a specific aircraft I want, so I might ask if it's going to be included.

Posted Image

It doesn't matter if they reply or not, it takes 5 seconds of your time.

Edited by linux731, 21 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#10 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

View Postlinux731, on Aug 22 2011, 12:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

It doesn't matter if they reply or not, it takes 5 seconds of your time.

LOL!!!  :hrmm:

I'm going to do it tomorrow. If anyone's interested, I can say the results in here.

#11 linux731

linux731

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostKaotika, on Aug 21 2011, 05:00 PM, said:

LOL!!!  :hrmm:

I'm going to do it tomorrow. If anyone's interested, I can say the results in here.

I'd want to. It may take a while, like it took me about 1 week to 2 weeks.

#12 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

View Postlinux731, on Aug 22 2011, 01:03 AM, said:

I'd want to. It may take a while, like it took me about 1 week to 2 weeks.

In Tuesday I'm going to be on vacation for 3 days, so that'll ease the pain of waiting.

When did you send the e-mail? Since it's been long since Flight was announced, I guess less e-mails must be sent now.

#13 linux731

linux731

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

View PostKaotika, on Aug 21 2011, 05:06 PM, said:

In Tuesday I'm going to be on vacation for 3 days, so that'll ease the pain of waiting.

When did you send the e-mail? Since it's been long since Flight was announced, I guess less e-mails must be sent now.

Ughh I don't remember. It was a while ago. I tried searching my Trash (I NEVER empty it) but it wasn't there.

#14 AirFranceSST

AirFranceSST

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

What aircraft did you have in mind? :hrmm:

#15 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

View PostAirFranceSST, on Aug 22 2011, 01:07 AM, said:

What aircraft did you have in mind? :hrmm:

Cessna 182S/RG. The RG has been in FS since the first version and it was a glaring omission in FS2004 for me. The S was available since FS98 and it is my favourite aircraft, and of course, it was also a glaring omission in FSX for me. Some freeware addons I found were buggy and I don't want to pay for one.

#16 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

MS Flight has been a pretty closed-door development. Microsoft with Flight hasn't been like Bethesda with Skyrim, who is demo'ing their game at conventions all over the U.S.  It's producing a lot of hype for Skyrim. I think Microsoft needs to start showing the public more about Flight, not as a boring simulator, but also as a fun game. They will NOT succeed by giving the public a barebones simulator.

That said, Microsoft is happy to get feedback, but they had the entire game planned out months ago. Not saying they won't consider your request, but the chances are unlikely. I would wait until they tell us more about what planes are included, and then see if there are any you want them to add.

Edited by -Dexter, 22 August 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#17 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

View Post-Dexter, on Aug 22 2011, 03:24 PM, said:

MS Flight has been a pretty closed-door development. Microsoft with Flight hasn't been like Bethesda with Skyrim, who is demo'ing their game at conventions all over the U.S.  It's producing a lot of hype for Skyrim. I think Microsoft needs to start showing the public more about Flight, not as a boring simulator, but also as a fun game. They will NOT succeed by giving the public a barebones simulator.

That said, Microsoft is happy to get feedback, but they had the entire game planned out months ago. Not saying they won't consider your request, but the chances are unlikely. I would wait until they tell us more about what planes are included, and then see if there are any you want them to add.

OK, I should wait then. If I ask them whether they're going to include those planes or not, I doubt they're going to give me an answer.

But on the other hand, when they reveal what aircraft will be included in Flight (like they did in that FSX Flash site), I doubt they'll be able to add more since Flight will be at finishing stages. So I can only hope they will bring them back.  :hrmm:

#18 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

View Postlinux731, on Aug 21 2011, 08:14 PM, said:

msflight@microsoft.com
Yes they do. I sent them feedback about addons and they said they'd consider it. So yes they do.
Yeah but they'll say that then not do anything about it. I don't blame them anyway, I'd imagine they'd be getting thousands of requests...

#19 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

They probably already have their hangar organized. Everyone wants them to put in the aircraft they like the best. They'll only put in what they feel like selling and what is easier to design. They generally use aircraft everybody knows about with a couple "interesting" little features that you're not so familiar with. If they have the same format as their Flight Simulator series aircraft, they'll probably have a few Boeing airliners, the Bell JetRanger, some Cessna, Beechcraft, and a few more GA aircraft that you're probably less familiar with. They could be working with some of the payware companies already so that there are aircraft available to buy once the game comes out. It would be a disaster if they didn't do so before launch time.

Microsoft probably won't even read your email. That doesn't mean don't try, but they have a way of doing what they want without consumer input.

#20 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

View PostFate01_VUSAFS, on Aug 22 2011, 07:31 PM, said:

They probably already have their hangar organized. Everyone wants them to put in the aircraft they like the best. They'll only put in what they feel like selling and what is easier to design. They generally use aircraft everybody knows about with a couple "interesting" little features that you're not so familiar with. If they have the same format as their Flight Simulator series aircraft, they'll probably have a few Boeing airliners, the Bell JetRanger, some Cessna, Beechcraft, and a few more GA aircraft that you're probably less familiar with. They could be working with some of the payware companies already so that there are aircraft available to buy once the game comes out. It would be a disaster if they didn't do so before launch time.

Microsoft probably won't even read your email. That doesn't mean don't try, but they have a way of doing what they want without consumer input.

I'm only asking for the Cessna 182S/RG. The RG model was there since FS1.0 and the S model since FS98. I don't understand why they omitted those from FSX. And I don't think it's hard to put them in Flight again.