37 replies to this topic

#21 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

Does anyone here have any idea how much it costs?

$499.

#22 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

for the commerical license.

Its apprently going to be $9.95 or something per month for domestic use

EDIT TO ADD:

http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2112641

Just to be clear (and trying not to sound defensive!). Anyone can purchase Prepar3D. We do not sell it as an entertainment product and the EULA talks about that, which means that it will not be appearing on the shelves of Best Buy next to Call of Duty any time soon..... I am not sure where the rumour started that we sell only to certain people, but anyone can buy it. It isn't about consumers, but end-use. If you are a pilot, simulation user, student, whatever and want to use it for familiarization, training, taxiing over bugs then go for it. If you are 10 or 110 it doesn't matter. If you want to use it at an arcade game, then buy something else. You can go to our website and purchase it with a credit card and download it. The commercial license version is $499 and we have added a considerable amount of features and made a lot of bug fixes to the code that we were fortunate enough to procure from Microsoft. A list of features can be found on our website at www.prepar3D.com. We certainly have added in bathymetry data to allow the use of submersibles and we have added in a few features for hard-core users that they should find interesting including true multi-channel (spreads the load of the image generator across multiple PCs), update to DirectInput 8 to allow up to 32 axes and 128 buttons per joystick, sensor views (night vision and infra-red), updated landclasses, GPS upgrades and so on. We have also updated and improved the SDK documentation and added more samples for developers. We are also going to be releasing an update version 1.2 of Prepar3D and the SDK in the next few weeks.

Those that are looking to test, integrate, develop, investigate etc and therefore do not require a full commercial license can subscribe for $9.95 per month and receive 2 copies of the software. That is an option that many people are taking and I would be glad to see more people come on board and see what they can do with the app! There are no restrictions to joining the developer network.

If people are using Prepar3D for commercial activities, then switching to the commercial license is appropriate and required.

For Victor, sorry that the website isn't clear enough. I will work with Lockheed communications to try to get some clarity on that. We are just a bunch of engineers and not necessarily the best at marketing!!

Regards,
John Nicol
Prepar3D.

Ok i don't know if that means you can just use the testing license - I don't know how much content that opens up to.

Edited by Jonay, 22 September 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#23 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

Ok just been on the website - it's $499 for all retail. $9.95 per month etc for developers.

Compatible with FSX addons though...

Now to save up £330 for it - (i could go buy it now... but do I really want to?)

#24 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostJonay, on Sep 22 2011, 04:02 PM, said:

Now to save up £330 for it - (i could go buy it now... but do I really want to?)

Good luck to everyone who was interested in it!!!

#25 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

View PostJonay, on Sep 22 2011, 08:02 AM, said:

Ok just been on the website - it's $499 for all retail. $9.95 per month etc for developers.

Compatible with FSX addons though...

The fact is that "everybody" can be considered as a developper.
You can suscribe for a month, pay just 10 dollars, and get your two copies of the sim for testing it, if I understood correctly.
You are not expected to "produce" anything for LM. The full licence is only required if you want to make money with that sim, like, to use it in a complete simulator (with moving cabin or so) that you wold sell, or something like that...
Am I correct ?

#26 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

View PostDaube, on Sep 22 2011, 03:49 PM, said:

The fact is that "everybody" can be considered as a developper.
You can suscribe for a month, pay just 10 dollars, and get your two copies of the sim for testing it, if I understood correctly.
You are not expected to "produce" anything for LM. The full licence is only required if you want to make money with that sim, like, to use it in a complete simulator (with moving cabin or so) that you wold sell, or something like that...
Am I correct ?

Maybe as I hinted earlier - is that with that developer license you can only get access to a small chunk of the world to test your stuff in a limited area.

#27 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

It seems that so far, all (or most) of the P3D users have chosen the developper licence.
Take a look on avsim forums, that's where they are, a lot of usefull feedback can be found there.

#28 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

But even if you choose the developer's license, in 2 months you'll have paid the same with what a copy of FSX costs today. Not worth it in my opinion.

#29 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Yes, you have a point.
But you should add "for now". The main point about P3D is that the game engine is still in development, which means the performance improvements will come.
Since Flight might not be what we are expecting, and since it will probably not accept the FSX addons, there's a good chance that P3D becomes in a not-so-distant future the sim of choice.

#30 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

least the developers will have the argument for them this time instead of against them in the product costs vs. base package cost!

#31 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

I really don't think something that you will be paying 10 bucks a month for will be the sim of choice when you can buy X-Plane or Flight one time for like 30-50 bucks, depending on what the final price is. I'd rather spend money on add-ons than continuously paying to keep "FSX" ( :hrmm: ) activated.

#32 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:52 AM

Yep. But try to think about what kind of addons would be available ?
XPlane10 sure is promising.
But when it comes to Flight, nobody knows if any OrbX-like scenery will be available. Nobody knows if Accusim-like or PMDG-like airplanes will be available.

#33 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Lesson to Microsoft: People are willing to pay $500 for an optimized FS.

#34 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

View Post-Dexter, on Sep 23 2011, 08:33 PM, said:

And that will be for 50 months only.  :hrmm:

#35 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

View Post-Dexter, on Sep 23 2011, 10:33 AM, said:

I'm not.

#36 SamYeager

SamYeager

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:59 AM

Sorry - posted in wrong thread.

Edited by SamYeager, 25 September 2011 - 07:01 AM.

#37 peterpilot

peterpilot

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Sep 19 2011, 10:21 PM, said:

Just to note, that is ORBX scenery running in Prepar3D.

The best thing about Prepar3D is it is receiving updates and is still under active development.  I beleive some of their future goals include DX11 and 64bit support.

I would prefer they just stop making buildings and cities until they can make them look real. Nothing will snap you out of a brilliant simming experience through the clouds, mountains, trees, fields and rivers than a cartoon looking buildings and cities...as they all appear in these screenshots.

Edited by peterpilot, 30 September 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#38 peterpilot

peterpilot

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

This looks promising but we still have a long way to go as far as cityscape in simming.
http://www.flightsim...howtopic=197410

Edited by peterpilot, 30 September 2011 - 05:28 PM.