#21 89-LX

89-LX

Gallery Manager

• First Class Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

View Postbl00mfield, on Dec 23 2011, 10:38 PM, said:

AMD and ATi are together. So you have an ATi card.

Ya, I know but its weird he has it programmed to do that. I figured I could get some settings from him for my card.

#22 _BD6_

_BD6_

June '10 Screenshot Hotshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

View Post89-LX, on Dec 23 2011, 11:14 PM, said:

Ya, I know but its weird he has it programmed to do that. I figured I could get some settings from him for my card.
Don't really understand what you mean?

#23 89-LX

89-LX

Gallery Manager

• First Class Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

View Postbl00mfield, on Dec 25 2011, 10:57 AM, said:

Don't really understand what you mean?

His site doesn't give any tips for setting up my gfx card. As far as what settings to use in game and in the ati control panel for AA and other junk.

#24 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

View Post89-LX, on Dec 25 2011, 09:32 PM, said:

His site doesn't give any tips for setting up my gfx card. As far as what settings to use in game and in the ati control panel for AA and other junk.

Oh, the AA stuff you're on your own.. (I used supersample 4x)

the other cfg tweaks will still be applied to the new cfg you download from the site.

#25 TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

View Post_BD6_, on 01 December 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

I have FSX videos...I would share them

Intel Sandy Bridge i5-2500k @ 4.8ghz
Gigabyte P67-UD3P
4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer Red DDR3 1600mhz

J6u4Nhko9Tc
h0vhWy0oERs
9KldYCKrd5I

How does one view the videos?

And what are those oddly cased alphanumeric strings?

#26 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Sorry they were embedded in the old FSW site which obviously uses a different code now for youtube videos.

#27 Ryoma

Ryoma

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I got the new 670 GTX. I enable adpative vsync with half refresh and lock the game at 30fps. Smooth! I run FSX with REX and ORBX Fall city airport.
Adaptive vsync the next best thing since the i5 intels came out!

CPU i5 2500k
Ram 8 GB
VGA 670 GTX

The secret sauce is adaptive vsync ;)

Ive got a video of the whole thing running on triple screen monitors  1920x1200!

#28 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostRyoma, on 22 May 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

I got the new 670 GTX. I enable adpative vsync with half refresh and lock the game at 30fps. Smooth! I run FSX with REX and ORBX Fall city airport.
Adaptive vsync the next best thing since the i5 intels came out!

CPU i5 2500k
Ram 8 GB
VGA 670 GTX

The secret sauce is adaptive vsync ;)

Ive got a video of the whole thing running on triple screen monitors  1920x1200!

I've read some good things that the 670 runs FSX like a dream. It's very experimental because it's fairly new, but I am looking at it too.

#29 mmm02

mmm02

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hello,
I have a suggestion for better fps.  You see, my computer was giving me TERRIBLE fps.  It was clocking in at about 7 to 11 fps.  It was choppy and almost impossible to even fly.  I noticed on another forum something called game booster 3.5.  I decided to try it out.  It works!  Fsx not gives me a solid 25  to 30 fps every time I fly!  It works great!
I hope this helps,
Matt

#30 mynetdude

mynetdude

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

**I know this thread is old, I've also noticed that replies are quite sparse (3-6 months apart)**

I got an intel i7 3930k with an Nvidia GTX 580 Classified (3GB VRAM) and 16GB quad channel system RAM I could never get FSX to run stable or smoothly even using the .cfg editor tool website that has been well known for some time.

I kept getting the uiautiomation.dll errors no matter what I tried (even followed recommended fixes and nothing worked).  I'm stunned at how many people can run FSX without problems.

I know this is about graphics performance so I'll get right to the point, no matter what I tried I could not max it out (default scenery and all) I had to set it to low settings for it to run reasonably smooth or I would get stutters all the time so I uninstalled FSX and installed FS9 and I've got it maxed out defaults only and have it limited to 35fps and i'm really happy with that so far.  I understand that Prepar 3D is much better and supposedly many things from FSX work with P3D but now I hear P3D is going to be updated to V2 eventually so no point in trying that until such time.

I don't understand how a decently fast PC can't run FSX even if I had medium-high settings rather than maxed out, but nope I couldn't even get past medium which IMO was a waste of time because you didn't get to take advantage of the full scenery features plus it still stuttered even under medium settings.

Anybody able to compare P3D with FSX graphic performance-wise?  IIRC I tried ATI some time ago (years ago before FSX came out) I didn't like ATI because they blurred the textures (but that's how you get it to run smoother IIRC).  I don't want to use ATI, I don't like texture that is blurred.

#31 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

What is your traffic/boats/cars/etc set to in FSX?  Also turning off shadows (or at least minimizing them) as well as lowering the water textures will give a lot of performance.

#32 mynetdude

mynetdude

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

View Post_TW_, on 04 January 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

What is your traffic/boats/cars/etc set to in FSX?  Also turning off shadows (or at least minimizing them) as well as lowering the water textures will give a lot of performance.

I just ran FSX again today, didn't think about to check the traffic levels. I'll have to get back to you on that, but as for shadows I have a/c shadow on ground ON and ground structure shadows ON and aircraft cast shadow on itself OFF (this is a framerate killer so I don't need it, but would like it).

I can't imagine NOT having shadows as the real world does.

today when I did a test run I noticed that the global texture size needed to be larger to be smoother oddly, framerates are limited to 35fps but I see 20fps which to me is pretty good but it still stutters and then when flying in the spot view the sim chokes (stops for a second and then goes) and does this repeatedly I'm not sure what interval.  But I should be able to use traffic really... if I'm going to use FSX I want it to be closer to realism than FS9 could offer. I have friends who have the same or better PC specs than I do and they get better performance than I do (and I have even tried their fsx.cfg to see if I can acheive the same thing and that didn't make any difference).

#33 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Can we get a moderator to fix the video links?

#34 cgowans

cgowans

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

One recommendation I would give is keep away from AMD CPU's.  I use to have the AMD1090t x6 @3.8 ghz and it was no match to fsx.  Now I'm running the Ivy Bridge I5 3570k at 4.5 ghz and fsx runs a dream with all my addon scenery and aircraft installed.  Offcourse I will still get lows of about 15 in very intensive areas with bad weather and addon scenery but you are going to get that with any affordable systems.  My system is:
I5 3570K @ 4.5ghz
8GB DDR3
1TB HDD
120gb SSD 6gb/s (flight sim is installed on this)
GTX460 2gb

If you are after more frames then I definatly recommend investing in a better CPU than a graphics card, FSX is more cpu intensive than anything.

#35 revboy

revboy

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Greetings revboy the newbie here, got problems loading FSX onto my new laptop machine with windows 8, 64 bit, haven't got machine specs yet, hoping someone may see problem from pics attached ? cheers ! Hmmmmm, will have to type ..... error 1722, there is a problem with this windows installer package, a program run as the finish setup did not run as expected, contact your support personnel or packabe vendor. also ..... MFSX installing wizard rolling back action. I have the MFS deluxe edition, thanx for any guidance ! ..... email address viz, nevyok@gmail.com

#36 LjetJeff

LjetJeff

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

I know this is an old topic, but I'd like to ask what sort of spec system people would recommend today? I'm just in the process of putting together a sim PC (just ordered a Saitek yoke / throttle / pedals) and want to put together a three monitor setup. I'd also quite like to put two smaller monitors on their side below it for the cockpit. I know absolutely nothing about how to configure this and I'd be extremely grateful for any advice you seasoned pros can give!  

I thank you in advance, and I should probably be polite enough to say introduce myself since this is my first post (I'm not quite sure of etiquette or protocol on this forum), but I'm Jeff - not a newbie to flight sim (I've been using it since it's first incarnation) it's just this is my first foray into buying dedicated flight sim PC with controllers etc.

#37 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostLjetJeff, on 05 May 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

I know this is an old topic, but I'd like to ask what sort of spec system people would recommend today? I'm just in the process of putting together a sim PC (just ordered a Saitek yoke / throttle / pedals) and want to put together a three monitor setup. I'd also quite like to put two smaller monitors on their side below it for the cockpit. I know absolutely nothing about how to configure this and I'd be extremely grateful for any advice you seasoned pros can give!  

I thank you in advance, and I should probably be polite enough to say introduce myself since this is my first post (I'm not quite sure of etiquette or protocol on this forum), but I'm Jeff - not a newbie to flight sim (I've been using it since it's first incarnation) it's just this is my first foray into buying dedicated flight sim PC with controllers etc.

Welcome to the forums! :)

I would aim for an i5 or i7 processor, a good air cooler or water cooler to overclock the processor, 8GB of RAM, and a NVIDIA GTX 760 or better graphics card. If you are planning on building soon, you might want to wait until later this year when Intel will release an updated line of processors called Devil's Canyon. They are basically a refreshed line of the processors Intel is currently selling but with improved overclocking abilities, and in FSX overclocking helps with performance a lot!

As for the monitors, they are pretty simple to use. They will all plug into the PC and Windows should recognize them without much setup, and FSX will allow you to drag gauges and windows onto the other monitors.

I can come up with a more detailed build list later if you want more information.

Edited by Buziel-411_RED, 05 May 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#38 be_a_cloud

be_a_cloud

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

hi guys,

im building my first gaming pc and i would like to know what settings i could run fsx on.these are my specs :

Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor

Enermax ELC-LT240-HP 111.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

Crucial 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory Western

Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Western Digital WD Purple 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

(2 x) Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Cards

Zalman H1 ATX Full Tower Case

EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply.

thanks for your help guys. ☺

#39 be_a_cloud

be_a_cloud

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

hi guys,

im building my first gaming pc and i would like to know what settings i could run fsx on.these are my specs :

Crucial 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

#40 be_a_cloud

be_a_cloud

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

hi guys,

Crucial 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive