- - - - -

Stop whining about Flight, if you don't like what you see

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

In all these threads folks are starting to sound like a bunch of panty waists. They say your a six year old if it looks cool to you, yet they are whining and crying about a "Game" making themselves look like a six year old..

Edited by caaront, 11 January 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#2 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

View Postcaaront, on Jan 11 2012, 11:04 PM, said:

In all these threads folks are starting to sound like a bunch of panty waists. They say your a six year old if it looks cool to you, yet they are whining and crying about a "Game" making themselves look like a six year old..

more like.. we're pissed that ms destroyed something good... and we want them to know it.

#3 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Put in that way it is okay, but to say I'm a six year old because I thought it looked cool is a little over the top.

#4 _BD6_

_BD6_

June '10 Screenshot Hotshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Posted Image

#5 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Wow, that wasn't a dig at me at all  :hrmm:

You haven't played it have you...

#6 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostBrandon_, on Jan 11 2012, 10:19 PM, said:

Wow, that wasn't a dig at me at all  :hrmm:

You haven't played it have you...
who are you referring to? Since you didn't quote, i'll just assume it was to me. I wasn't talking about anyone in particular.

#7 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

No, caaront. Sorry, I called it a "game" in the other thread because that is what MS is calling it in their own video. People would winge and moan if anyone called FSX/9 or any previous sim a "game"

Then they develop this...a game for kids and casual gamers and the community is somehow still embracing it with open arms. Baffles my mind.

Edited by Brandon_, 11 January 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#8 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostBrandon_, on Jan 11 2012, 10:22 PM, said:

No, caaront. Sorry, I called it a "game" in the other thread because that is what MS is calling it in their own video. People would winge and moan if anyone called FSX/9 or any previous sim a "game"

Then they develop this...a game for kids and casual gamers and the community is somehow still embracing it with open arms. Baffles my mind.
I agree somewhat. But am reserving my judgement until all the dust settles after Flight releases and we can actually see what it has to offer in terms of add-ons. I'm perfectly fine sticking with FSX and all of my add-on sceneries right now.

#9 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

I guess im being dramatic. Ill download the "free" version because I am curious to see what they change between that and the beta. Chances are very low that I will put any money into it, regardless of the performance it gives.

#10 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

On a scale of 0-100%, 100% being the utmost, fullest of my interest, and 0 being "I don't give a rats butt,"

My interest in women, cameras, cars, planes, REAL MAN stuff -----------------------------> 99.9%
-
-
-
-
-
-
My interest in MS Flight (or any other software published by MS-----------------------------> 00.1%

#11 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

A thread about whiners of Flight when the original post clearly demonstrates whining about the whiners. Lovely.

#12 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostNWilkinson, on Jan 11 2012, 08:23 PM, said:

On a scale of 0-100%, 100% being the utmost, fullest of my interest, and 0 being "I don't give a rats butt,"

My interest in women, cameras, cars, planes, REAL MAN stuff -----------------------------> 99.9%
-
-
-
-
-
-
My interest in MS Flight (or any other software published by MS-----------------------------> 00.1%

Shouldn't that be 100% interest? :hrmm:  99.9% into Women ... B)

#13 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Don't take my comment to heart....

I'm happy if you like it, I'm even happier if the final release suprises us all...who knows.

It's free, so at least we can say we will all be able to give our opinion.

#14 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

View Postcaaront, on Jan 11 2012, 10:04 PM, said:

Mmmmm ok...Cool story bro?

#15 AlexKitch

AlexKitch

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

As I said in another thread, without people to 'whine' about something - the thing being whined about will never have a visible market to a developer.  People whining about things is a very important part of game development (or any development, for that matter).  

What's the point in brushing everything under the carpet, smiling, and pretending that the developer is doing everything right?

#16 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Whine, moan, cry, I've heard it all a million times around here.

The trouble with SOME people is hypocrisy. When they don't like something, they're quick to state their views and defend it in the name of "criticism" and "free expression". But when they like something and see other people criticize the very thing they like, they quickly call them "whiners" or "moaners".

SwitchFX summed you up, caaront. For you to come here and criticize people that you've labeled as "whiners" is hypocritical, as that can also be interpreted as whining. So if you go by your own formula, you're whining about whiners.

Let people criticize and blast anything they want. They have a right to do that, and it certainly isn't against forum rules.

Now... if this topic you made was purely a backlash to someone calling you a six year old, simply because you liked something he didn't like, then you are reserved the right to defend yourself. If... and only if...

I'm making this assumption based on your second post here.

Edited by Mohammad, 12 January 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#17 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostMohammad, on Jan 12 2012, 04:01 PM, said:

Whine, moan, cry, I've heard it all a million times around here.

The trouble with SOME people is hypocrisy. When they don't like something, they're quick to state their views and defend it in the name of "criticism" and "free expression". But when they like something and see other people criticize the very thing they like, they quickly call them "whiners" or "moaners".

SwitchFX summed you up, caaront. For you to come here and criticize people that you've labeled as "whiners" is hypocritical, as that can also be interpreted as whining. So if you go by your own formula, you're whining about whiners.

Let people criticize and blast anything they want. They have a right to do that, and it certainly isn't against forum rules.

Now... if this topic you made was purely a backlash to someone calling you a six year old, simply because you liked something he didn't like, then you are reserved the right to defend yourself. If... and only if...

I'm making this assumption based on your second post here.

QUOTE(caaront @ Jan 11 2012, 01:25 AM) *
cool.

If your 6 years old!

#18 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Right...... So now whoever complains about something is a 6-year-old? Great logic there, bud. If no one ever complained about anything, how in the heck do you expect product improvements to happen?

#19 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

What Aaron is trying to say:

XleOkGsYgO8