106 replies to this topic

#1 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

Here is some Frankfurt EDDF for you boys, Looks amazing!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

This is a joke! N'est-ce pas ? :hrmm:

#3 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Trolololol

#4 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

No it isn't a joke. First hour was installing, second hour trying to get rid of the sky blur, and now this....I uninstalled lol.

Second issue, is when I change things in Rendering Settings, it won't take place until you restart the game..and the game takes like 5 minutes to every time.

Flying over Toronto....I was like...WHERE IS THE CITY, it was all houses, no buildings, no CN Tower, no Skydome. Horrible.

#5 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostPeter797, on Jan 15 2012, 01:43 AM, said:

No it isn't a joke. First hour was installing, second hour trying to get rid of the sky blur, and now this....I uninstalled lol.

Second issue, is when I change things in Rendering Settings, it won't take place until you restart the game..and the game takes like 5 minutes to every time.

Flying over Toronto....I was like...WHERE IS THE CITY, it was all houses, no buildings, no CN Tower, no Skydome. Horrible.

it's horrible because u spent 3 mins with it.

x plane is also not based on the real world.

#6 AirX

AirX

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

:hrmm:

#7 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

Are you supposed to dodge those trees during takeoff? :hrmm:

#8 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

View Postjcovelli, on Jan 14 2012, 11:48 PM, said:

People won't buy a Flight Simulator based on Tatooine.

#9 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

View Postjcovelli, on Jan 14 2012, 10:48 PM, said:

Wait...what? :hrmm:

#10 MattGarner

MattGarner

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

View Postjcovelli, on Jan 15 2012, 05:48 AM, said:

it's horrible because u spent 3 mins with it.

So what's it based on? Another planet? Flying aircraft over a world that doesn't actually exist....

#11 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

I still can't believe there are those of you will pick a negative part of x plane and start slamming it.  
Would you like a list of problem areas I know of in FSX and show some screenshots?
I can tell your texture resolution is not at it's maximum and you might have a corrupt scenery file.  Instead of :hrmm: about it in a forum, how about filing a bug report.  Oh, sorry, you're not used to that with FSX.  FSX is a take it or leave it sim.
Or you want to play fair and accept there are faults with x plane, aerofly, FSX, FS9, etc...?
Not all settings take place when you restart the sim.  And if it's taking you 5 minutes to start it, then you have a VERY slow computer or something wrong with your installation.  Takes me no more than a minute.
Did you run the installer straight from the dvd or did you download the new installer that was made available from the xplane website.  Also, have you run the updater to update to the latest version of x plane?
The sky problem is a video card issue that was fixed a few weeks ago.
If you bothered to contact support, you would have been made aware of this.

Edited by CaptainG37, 15 January 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#12 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostCaptainG37, on Jan 15 2012, 02:08 AM, said:

I still can't believe there are those of you will pick a negative part of x plane and start slamming it.  
Would you like a list of problem areas I know of in FSX and show some screenshots?
I can tell your texture resolution is not at it's maximum and you might have a corrupt scenery file.  Instead of :hrmm: about it in a forum, how about filing a bug report.  Oh, sorry, you're not used to that with FSX.  FSX is a take it or leave it sim.
Or you want to play fair and accept there are faults with x plane, aerofly, FSX, FS9, etc...?
Not all settings take place when you restart the sim.  And if it's taking you 5 minutes to start it, then you have a VERY slow computer or something wrong with your installation.  Takes me no more than a minute.
Ah yes, one negative post about X-Plane and wham, CaptainG37 comes to rescue X-Plane and save its reputation.

Seriously man, instead of parading around as Mr. X-Plane and getting on everyone's case because they say something negative or post something that might not represent what X-Plane can be.

Just give up.  Not everyone will like X-Plane and if you expect to change that, you're fooling yourself and you certainly aren't doing X-Plane any favors.

Edited by LA_PHX, 15 January 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#13 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostLA_PHX, on Jan 15 2012, 08:14 PM, said:

Ah yes, one negative post about X-Plane and wham, CaptainG37 comes to rescue X-Plane and save its reputation.

Seriously man, instead of parading around as Mr. X-Plane and getting on everyone's case because they say something negative or post something that might not represent what X-Plane can be.

Just give up.  Not everyone will like X-Plane and if you expect to change that, you're fooling yourself.

Mr. X Plane?
Wow, I'm flattered.
It only took you, what, 3 minutes to make a comeback.  I should call you Mr.  Anti X Plane.
If you can find one single post where I say to people that they HAVE to like X Plane, I'll give you $10 000.  There are 1001 screenshots and videos on x plane that show an overall picture of it.
Yes, there are problems with X Plane. The intelligent ones file bug reports.  The trolls post screenshots of the problems, make some smart :hrmm: remark and get their dick stroked.

Edited by CaptainG37, 15 January 2012 - 04:23 AM.

#14 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostCaptainG37, on Jan 15 2012, 02:21 AM, said:

It only took you, what, 3 minutes to make a comeback.
Five actually.  But you know, if you bothered to look at the time stamp, you would have already been aware of that.

I should call you Mr.  Anti X Plane.
Be my guest.  It wouldn't be an accurate description, but if it makes you happy, have at it.

If you can find one single post where I say to people that they HAVE to like X Plane, I'll give you $10 000.
You never did say that, but that's how you act.  You can't accept the fact that there are going to be negative posts and things said about X-Plane.  Instead of acting like an :hrmm: in every post, give up.

There are 1001 screenshots and videos on x plane that show an overall picture of it.
Cool.

Yes, there are problems with X Plane. The intelligent ones file bug reports.  The trolls post screenshots of the problems, make some smart B) remark and get their dick stroked.
See, that's what I mean.  You act like a smart :( instead of making the simple suggestion of submitting a bug report or being helpful and offering some fixes that you may already know of.

Finally, learn how to format a post, please.  When you want to start a new paragraph, skip a line or figure out how to indent.

Edited by LA_PHX, 15 January 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#15 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostLA_PHX, on Jan 15 2012, 08:31 PM, said:

Five actually.  But you know, if you bothered to look at the time stamp, you would have already been aware of that.

Lol, ok.  Forgive my 2 minute error.  Didn't know it had such an importance in your life that a time of 2 minutes warrants a correction.

Be my guest.  It wouldn't be an accurate description, but if it makes you happy, have at it.

It's as accurate a description as you calling me Mr. X Plane is.  Take it or leave it.  

You never did say that, but that's how you act.  You can't accept the fact that there are going to be negative posts and things said about X-Plane.  Instead of acting like an :hrmm: in every post, give up.

completely misconstrued and you're own opinion based on no evidence.  
I even just said in my reply that yes, there are problems with x plane. An idiot can see that.  

See, that's what I mean.  You act like a smart B) instead of making the simple suggestion of submitting a bug report or being helpful and offering some fixes that you may already know of.
If Peter came out and said "I'm having a problem with this, this and that, then sure, I would have helped as much as I can.  But the entire post is riddled with sarcasm and to expect a courteous response is kinda out of the question.

Finally, learn how to format a post, please.  When you want to start a new paragraph, skip a line or figure out how to indent.

Didn't know I was in an English class and being tested.  
Thanks for the insight, but you might want to try again.
I find it truly amazing that maturity takes a back seat to sarcasm and ego stroking.
Safety of the internet, I guess.

Edited by CaptainG37, 15 January 2012 - 04:55 AM.

#16 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

Eh, there's no getting through to you. Like talking to a brick wall.  Enjoy X-Plane...I guess.

#17 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

No, I'm very receptive and open to MATURE discussion.  I just don't agree with you and your opinions.
It seems you have a problem with that.  You prefer to corroborate immature, sarcastic criticisms...and I don't.
That's all it comes down to.

#18 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostPeter797, on Jan 14 2012, 11:03 PM, said:

Here is some Frankfurt EDDF for you boys, Looks amazing!

Good, you've spotted some problem with the content.
Now, what about the FEATURES of the sim ? Did you take a look at what this sim is able to do, or did you just stop at how it looks ?
Oh wait, you uninstalled it already ? I see. You're right, who cares about how realistic a simulator can be, the only thing that really matters is how good it looks in its default content. By the way, MS Flight will be released soon good thing you saved some space on your HDD by uninstalling XPlane B)

Sorry for being sarcastic :hrmm:

Edited by Daube, 15 January 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#19 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

@CaptainG37, Yeah of course there are issues in FSX, and I'm sure you can go on and on about them. Here's the problem. When I set the object density to its maximum, and Toronto doesn't have ANY skyscrapers or landmarks, then common...As for the update, no I didn't update it, I uninstalled it before I updated it. All in all, when I fly during the day, the world still feels dark. In FSX, when I choose a clear sky, the ground is nicely lit up by the sunlight.

The only good thing X Plane has to offer to my taste, is its night lighting. The night lighting is amazing and very beautiful, other than that, I'm sticking to FSX.

@Daube, I uninstalled the Flight beta, 3 hours after installing it as well. As for Xplane flight dynamics, obviously they're excellent, they always were. Features, like the engine cutting out on gravity fed engines when negative G's are encountered is a cool feature. There's a lot of nice features with regards to flying. But sorry I don't like having trees on my runway. Or flying in a "city" with no buildings :S

#20 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

I perfectly understand that there is nothing to love in the default airport scenery that you showed !
However, as far as I have understood, it seems that quite a lot of stuff from XPlane 9 will work on XPlane 10, including scenery. Since there is a lot of freeware sceneries (I guess) for XP9, I think it would have been worth a try to install one of them to see if you still get those stupid trees and ugly ground textures.

I mean, as you said, XP10 has interesting features. It's not the best idea to stop trying it just because the original content sucks. It was the same with FSX, default scenery was poor, default landclass was extremely poor, and default mesh was also very poor excepted in some places. We all replaced that and continued using the sim right ? XP10 surely deserves the same treatment, in my opinion.

I don't have XP10 yet, because I know my OrbX sceneries and my Accusim planes will keep me away from it for a short while, but I know I'll buy it in a near future, when I'll have some new harddrives in my PC to store it. I know it won't look as good as FSX, I know there isn't a single addon that match the realism of FSX addons like Accusim, but I'm sure I can find some enjoyment flying it for some places, mainly because of the scenery potential, for example.

Edited by Daube, 15 January 2012 - 12:08 PM.