#41 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Jan 16 2012, 02:06 PM, said:

And if you run FSX with nothing but defaults (like the game was made to be run), it does look like that and run flawlessly on most high end machines. Microsoft never advertised what the game would look like when your folder is filled with addons galore and you're running every possible setting maxed out.

What a load of garbage.  FSX looks NOTHING like that screenshot.  Not even with the best add ons.  

View PostTHBatMan8, on Jan 16 2012, 02:06 PM, said:

You want to avoid topics like this? If you're a dev, then you NEED to have a disclaimer stating that not the entire world is duplicated. For me, this is everything in a flight simulator. The aircraft doesn't matter. ATC doesn't matter. 3rd party devs take care of that fairly well. If you guys aren't going to release a 'completed' game then I'm not going to waste my money on your product.

I'm rather confused.  Does FSX have the whole world duplicated as it is in real life?
Even my local airport in FSX looks nothing like the real one.  The real one has several buildings and taxiways.  In FSX, it just has 1 runway.  No taxiways, no buildings.
If you think EVERYTHING in a flight simulator is represented in only the scenery, and the aircraft doesn't matter, then I think we are on totally different wavelengths.  When I buy a FLIGHT simulator, I want to get a FLYING experience...from the AIRCRAFT, as well as the scenery and weather.  If you're basing the ENTIRE experience on JUST cities and airport buildings, then X Plane isn't for you.  Come to think of it, you might be better off getting a scenery simulator.

#42 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postbl00mfield, on Jan 15 2012, 08:15 PM, said:

wait, what?
Reinstall FSX. Fly the Cesssna in BFE with no AI or any kind of other 'traffic' around you, and no addons of any kind. If your computer has no issues running DX10, FSX DOES look very good out of the box. Also, your FPS should be in the 60+ range.

View PostCaptainG37, on Jan 15 2012, 08:22 PM, said:

What a load of garbage.  FSX looks NOTHING like that screenshot.  Not even with the best add ons.

I take it reading comprehension isn't one of your best qualities.

I'm rather confused.  Does FSX have the whole world duplicated as it is in real life?
Even my local airport in FSX looks nothing like the real one.  The real one has several buildings and taxiways.  In FSX, it just has 1 runway.  No taxiways, no buildings.
If you think EVERYTHING in a flight simulator is represented in only the scenery, and the aircraft doesn't matter, then I think we are on totally different wavelengths.  When I buy a FLIGHT simulator, I want to get a FLYING experience...from the AIRCRAFT, as well as the scenery and weather.  If you're basing the ENTIRE experience on JUST cities and airport buildings, then X Plane isn't for you.  Come to think of it, you might be better off getting a scenery simulator.
Yup. MS used Google earth. Orlando looks like Orlando. San Antonio looks like San Antonio. Moscow looks like Moscow. So forth and so on. They even got the highway placement correct.

And LOL at this statement. You're never going to get  'flying' experience from sitting in front of a computer.

You say you're correcting 'bad' information people are throwing out about X-Plane, so I'm correcting your bad information you're throwing about FSX. You're no better than the people you're calling out, and your posts are steering me away from X-Plane even more. Pot calling the kettle black.

Edited by THBatMan8, 15 January 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#43 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Jan 16 2012, 02:25 PM, said:

I take it reading comprehension isn't one of your best qualities.

Based on 1 statement, you can tell my reading and comprehension abilities.  I am VERY impressed!

Yup. MS used Google earth. Orlando looks like Orlando. San Antonio looks like San Antonio. Moscow looks like Moscow. So forth and so on. They even got the highway placement correct.

No it doesn't, no it doesn't, no it doesn't and so on and so forth.
And no they didn't.

And LOL at this statement. You're never going to get  'flying' experience from sitting in front of a computer.

You say you're correcting 'bad' information people are throwing out about X-Plane, so I'm correcting your bad information you're throwing about FSX. You're no better than the people you're calling out, and your posts are steering me away from X-Plane even more. Pot calling the kettle black.

You're not correcting anything.  You might THINK you are, but all you're doing is trolling.  
Could you state what, in particular, is my "bad" information about FSX?  
And you're the 4th or 5th person that has said this crap about me "turning you off" x plane.  If that is supposed to make me feel somehow "guilty" about putting forth an opinion, then it's never going to happen.  If you choose not to get X Plane, I think it's safe to say it's none of MY doing and you certainly don't HAVE to get X Plane.  Accusing me of turning you off it is just a cheap way of saying "I hate it and don't plan on getting it."
By all means, keep flying your own choice of software.  No one is suggesting otherwise.

Edited by CaptainG37, 15 January 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#44 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Also I must ask you: what is the definition of VFR? Even in IFR, scenery is VERY important. After all, I do want to fly to airports other than KSEA.

If you think 'flying experience' is about tracking a NDB, VOR, ILS, then guess what? I can do all of that in FSX. All over the world.

And by weather do you mean hurricanes? Tornadoes? etc? If you opt to fly a commercial jet in those circumstances, then you're a idiot. FSX wasn't meant to be a military sim. It wasn't meant to be a storm chasing sim. It was meant for some GA and commercial simming.

Edited by THBatMan8, 15 January 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#45 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

THBatMan8

:hrmm:

#46 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

View Postjcovelli, on Jan 15 2012, 08:56 PM, said:

THBatMan8
B)
Can you tell me what you think is so funny instead of making a fool of yourself? You aren't helping anyone. :hrmm:

Edited by THBatMan8, 15 January 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#47 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Jan 16 2012, 02:56 PM, said:

Also I must ask you: what is the definition of VFR? Even in IFR, scenery is VERY important. After all, I do want to fly to airports other than KSEA.

If you think 'flying experience' is about tracking a NDB, VOR, ILS, then guess what? I can do all of that in FSX. All over the world.

And by weather do you mean hurricanes? Tornadoes? etc? If you opt to fly a commercial jet in those circumstances, then you're a idiot. FSX wasn't meant to be a military sim. It wasn't meant to be a storm chasing sim. It was meant for some GA and commercial simming.

ummm....ok....I guess...?
Confused doesn't begin to cover it.
Please, feel free to elaborate because I have no idea what you're asking.  The only thing I can answer is VFR is defined as Visual Flight Rules.
The rest of it, sorry, is beyond me.

EDIT:
AND there are, I think, about 30 000 airports in X Plane 10.  If airport buildings are a big thing for you, then X plane isn't for you.  But airport buildings and terminals are being added in a future series of updates.

Edited by CaptainG37, 15 January 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#48 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostCaptainG37, on Jan 15 2012, 08:54 PM, said:

Based on 1 statement, you can tell my reading and comprehension abilities.  I am VERY impressed!
Yeah, because you completely missed what I stated.

You're not correcting anything.  You might THINK you are, but all you're doing is trolling.
Yeah, I'm trolling when I haven't called you any names or said anything even remotely bad about x-plane. :hrmm:

Could you state what, in particular, is my "bad" information about FSX?
Everything you said about it in this topic.

And you're the 4th or 5th person that has said this crap about me "turning you off" x plane.  If that is supposed to make me feel somehow "guilty" about putting forth an opinion, then it's never going to happen.  If you choose not to get X Plane, I think it's safe to say it's none of MY doing and you certainly don't HAVE to get X Plane.  Accusing me of turning you off it is just a cheap way of saying "I hate it and don't plan on getting it."
By all means, keep flying your own choice of software.  No one is suggesting otherwise.
You aren't helping your cause. No one ever asked for your opinion about FSX. You're the one that went on a rant about it.

View PostCaptainG37, on Jan 15 2012, 09:01 PM, said:

ummm....ok....I guess...?
Confused doesn't begin to cover it.
Please, feel free to elaborate because I have no idea what you're asking.  The only thing I can answer is VFR is defined as Visual Flight Rules.
The rest of it, sorry, is beyond me.

EDIT:
AND there are, I think, about 30 000 airports in X Plane 10.  If airport buildings are a big thing for you, then X plane isn't for you.  But airport buildings and terminals are being added in a future series of updates.

'flying experience' varies from one simmer to the next. FSX out of the box is NOT realistic. Neither is x-plane. Neither is PMDG, Level-D, Active Sky, whatever. It all depends on the user. Saying one is better than the other is completely biased.

30,000 airports like the one posted in the OP? With trees in the middle of the runway? No autogen? Doesn't seem like a 'simulator' to me if I cant fly to these airports without crashing, or if I can't recognize a landmark during a visual approach.

Edited by THBatMan8, 15 January 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#49 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Jan 16 2012, 03:06 PM, said:

Yeah, because you completely missed what I stated.
Yeah, I'm trolling when I haven't called you any names or said anything even remotely bad about x-plane. :hrmm:

Everything you said about it in this topic.

You aren't helping your cause. No one ever asked for your opinion about FSX. You're the one that went on a rant about it.

My cause?
I'm fighting for a cause?  Never even occurred to me.  Thanks for the insight!
Of course no one asked for my opinions.  I gave them.  As I am free to do so.  As you are free to do so.  As everyone is free to do so.  You can't post criticisms about ANYTHING and NOT expect some kind of response.  I never ranted about FSX at all.  I was justifying my reply with facts.  
Did anyone ever say that 30 000 airports in x plane have trees on the runway?
Did anyone say there was no autogen?
I suggest you get some facts before making posts.
And you never called anyone names, or said anything about x plane, but you're corroborating another persons post.  It's the same thing.  Like it or not.

Edited by CaptainG37, 15 January 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#50 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostCaptainG37, on Jan 15 2012, 09:16 PM, said:

My cause?
I'm fighting for a cause?  Never even occurred to me.  Thanks for the insight!
Of course no one asked for my opinions.  I gave them.  As I am free to do so.  As you are free to do so.  As everyone is free to do so.  You can't post criticisms about ANYTHING and NOT expect some kind of response.  I never ranted about FSX at all.  I was justifying my reply with facts.  
Did anyone ever say that 30 000 airports in x plane have trees on the runway?
Did anyone say there was no autogen?
I suggest you get some facts before making posts.
And you never called anyone names, or said anything about x plane, but you're corroborating another persons post.  It's the same thing.  Like it or not.
I'm not corroborating with anyone on this forum. Believe it or not, my standpoint is neutral. I stepped in with your 'false advertisement' rant.

I never once gave a 'opinion' either. There are times when a opinion is appreciated, but other times when you need to STHU and check your emotions at the door. Why? They lead to flamewars. Everyone has a opinion, and everyone's opinion is always right, and the other persons opinion is always wrong. It's a never ending cycle. That's why some members have told you to just give up. You already posted your opinion once, there's no need to fight over it and post biased and wrong information.

I'm trying to keep this on topic. You're the one that turned it into a FSX vs X-Plane flamewar, and I'm tired of reading these debates as they are pointless. The OP has a issue. Rather than acting like a child and bashing him, why not help him?

#51 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Jan 16 2012, 03:28 PM, said:

I'm not corroborating with anyone on this forum. Believe it or not, my standpoint is neutral. I stepped in with your 'false advertisement' rant.

Actually, you are, it is for the most part, and "my false advertisement rant?  So I was right.  It IS excusable that Microsoft falsely promotes FSX.

I never once gave a 'opinion' either.

Yes you have.

There are times when a opinion is appreciated, but other times when you need to STHU and check your emotions at the door. Why? They lead to flamewars. Everyone has a opinion, and everyone's opinion is always right, and the other persons opinion is always wrong. It's a never ending cycle. That's why some members have told you to just give up. You already posted your opinion once, there's no need to fight over it and post biased and wrong information.

Actually, I have been told by many people to give up because there's no point getting through to people who refuse to listen.  I have to admit, they're 100% right.

I'm trying to keep this on topic. You're the one that turned it into a FSX vs X-Plane flamewar, and I'm tired of reading these debates as they are pointless. The OP has a issue. Rather than acting like a child and bashing him, why not help him?

I would have no problem trying to help him.  I even sent him a PM a few weeks ago.  But, and I would like to ask you, do you think he could have asked for help in a much better fashion, or do you think Peter's OP, AND the follow up comments, were justified?

#52 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostCaptainG37, on Jan 15 2012, 09:37 PM, said:

Actually, you are, it is for the most part, and "my false advertisement rant?  So I was right.  It IS excusable that Microsoft falsely promotes FSX.
Yes you have.
Actually, I have been told by many people to give up because there's no point getting through to people who refuse to listen.  I have to admit, they're 100% right.
I would have no problem trying to help him.  I even sent him a PM a few weeks ago.  But, and I would like to ask you, do you think he could have asked for help in a much better fashion, or do you think Peter's OP, AND the follow up comments, were justified?
And you called me a troll? I'm done with you as you're now wasting my time.

#53 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Jan 16 2012, 03:41 PM, said:

And you called me a troll? I'm done with you as you're now wasting my time.

Not far off the response I was expecting from you.
Thanks for verifying.

#54 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Go spend your life doing something productive.  Seriously B)

And if anyone replies to this with some smart-:hrmm: comment you've just shot yourself in the foot.

#55 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

View Postpyruvate, on Jan 16 2012, 04:19 PM, said:

Go spend your life doing something productive.  Seriously :(

And if anyone replies to this with some smart-:hrmm: comment you've just shot yourself in the foot.

I am...
http://www.flightsim...x...t&p=2458495

Well, at least I consider it productive.

And I don't think it's a smart B) comment...so my foot, safe to say, is fine.

#56 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

^ Lol....kay so you have what like 3 nice quality aircraft for X Plane? Alright cool.

We've got hundreds for FSX. Enjoy your 3. Also Captain G37 your arguments are formed like a little stuck up girl: "Based on 1 statement, you can tell my reading and comprehension abilities. I am VERY impressed!"....really...

#57 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Wow, it's like I just walked into a thread filled with high-school teenage girls, fighting over who can meet Bieber first.

I think we can all agree that neither XPlane nor MS products' have are perfect.  They both need add-ons to make them look better.  They both benefit from aftermarket planes for a more realistic experience.  But saying that one dominates over the other is just stating an opinion.  I've known people who swear by XPlane and vice versa.

Lot of people in here need to take a chill pill  :hrmm:

#58 CaptainG37

CaptainG37

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostPeter797, on Jan 17 2012, 10:35 AM, said:

^ Lol....kay so you have what like 3 nice quality aircraft for X Plane? Alright cool.

We've got hundreds for FSX. Enjoy your 3. Also Captain G37 your arguments are formed like a little stuck up girl: "Based on 1 statement, you can tell my reading and comprehension abilities. I am VERY impressed!"....really...

3?
Well, I (with my dev partner) personally made 3, with 2 more coming in the next couple of months.  Considering I've been in x plane for under 3 years, I'd say that's not a bad achievement so far.  

I wouldn't say there are 100's of add ons for FSX.  If you include freeware, then sure.  Quality would be in question, though.
X Plane has thousands of add ons in freeware and payware.

"Stuck up little girl"?
Tells me a lot about the REAL you when you say things like that.
If you think you're not going to get some ribbing back, after you make a ridiculous criticism about X Plane, without even asking for some kind of help, then you're not as intelligent as I thought.
Making that "stuck up little girl" remark only confirmed it.

#59 Jonay

Jonay

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Seriously gents, please stop.

It's getting boring.

Learn to not bite the bait.

--------------------------------------------

I'm looking forward to receiving my copy of XP10 - not only cause it will get me a part time job - but also to see all the features not available in the demo.

#60 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostJonay, on Jan 16 2012, 05:01 PM, said:

not only cause it will get me a part time job
If you don't mind me asking, how so?