89 replies to this topic

#61 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

While I'm quite tempted to buy the Hawaiian Adventure Pack, I won't until I'm sure some things like ATC and AI will be implemented in the game.

#62 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostChaoticBeauty, on Mar 4 2012, 02:58 AM, said:

While I'm quite tempted to buy the Hawaiian Adventure Pack, I won't until I'm sure some things like ATC and AI will be implemented in the game.

You're going to be waiting a while I think :hrmm:

#63 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

that's one of things i hate.... there is NO information on flight anywhere.. what so ever.  the flight website is the most vague pointless website i've ever seen. they list the system requirements on almost every page... but have NO other information about the game.... at all.  the website doesn't even tell you what area or planes you get...  there's no information about what's to come. not even any info on the things you have to pay for. also no info on the live website where you download or buy the stuff.   i've never seen a game put out with so little information available about it.

if the website had a list of things to come in the sort future..... that may change some things. but from the sounds of it microsoft themselves don't even know what they're gonna do with it.

#64 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'm sure they are aware of its poor reception in the community...but at this point what are they gonna do, a few years of work and money they weren't not going to release it...if they can tell their head from their :hrmm: I'm sure they can make this intO something worth while. What they have, in terms of performance is exactly what we have been waiting for. I think their best option personally is to open up to 3rd party devs. Only other way that ms can win us back B)

#65 Capt_Gabe

Capt_Gabe

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostDr_Phil, on Mar 5 2012, 02:23 AM, said:

...if they can tell their head from their :hrmm:
Well theres yer problem right there.  B)

#66 flowmp

flowmp

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

FLIGHT SIMULATOR X FTW!!!!!!

-nuff said

#67 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Do you think the better performance has anything to do with jus hawaii being included?

#68 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostEduardoSpaz, on Mar 5 2012, 07:32 PM, said:

Do you think the better performance has anything to do with jus hawaii being included?

No, because the rest of the world is still rendered, though at a very low resolution. That's how FSX worked too.

Most of it is good optimisation, though the lack of AI helps too.

#69 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I wonder if Microsoft realised they blundered with Flight, or if it is actually near their expectations in terms of revenue? Because we see a lot of people complaining, but there's probably a good deal of invisible folk who are playing it that we don't know about?

#70 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Postniteye, on Mar 5 2012, 08:49 PM, said:

I wonder if Microsoft realised they blundered with Flight, or if it is actually near their expectations in terms of revenue? Because we see a lot of people complaining, but there's probably a good deal of invisible folk who are playing it that we don't know about?

In the comments section on the website, half people complain and the other half praises Flight.

#71 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostChaoticBeauty, on Mar 5 2012, 12:24 PM, said:

In the comments section on the website, half people complain and the other half praises Flight.

The ones praising it are probably M$ employees :hrmm:

#72 Heimi77

Heimi77

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

It`s just that many people don`t look deep enough into Flight.
Sure there are alot of things missing in Flight.
But there are also so much things it does better than any other flightsim, sounds for example.

Whe you do a landing you hear the wind changing, the fuselage moaning, the tyres squeeking during side skid and touchdown, then the brakes.
And of course the passengers complaining, whining and puking ^^

And there a lot more things to explore and find ou what it can do better than others.... you just need time an open mind and patience to find out.

#73 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

I agree that Flight does some things much better than FSX, and that the sounds are much more realistic and immersive. But I can't take Flight seriously enough until some vital things like ATC, AI, Learning Centre, slew mode etc. get added.

#74 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostHeimi77, on Mar 5 2012, 02:46 PM, said:

It`s just that many people don`t look deep enough into Flight.
Sure there are alot of things missing in Flight.
But there are also so much things it does better than any other flightsim, sounds for example.

Whe you do a landing you hear the wind changing, the fuselage moaning, the tyres squeeking during side skid and touchdown, then the brakes.
And of course the passengers complaining, whining and puking ^^

And there a lot more things to explore and find ou what it can do better than others.... you just need time an open mind and patience to find out.

I for one did play it through the beta...did most of the things to do. All of those things are readily available for FSX, with payware aircraft that are really worth paying for lol.

#75 Jetset

Jetset

Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well I've bought the Hawaiian pack and the Maule.
And I'm looking forward to Alaska and everything else that comes along after that.  :hrmm:
I'm in the position that I was never interested in flying GA aircraft in FSX or FS9 so to have a new "sim" where these are the only planes I can fly (at the moment?) gives me a whole new forced perspective, if that makes sense.

I'm loving it.  B)

#76 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostDr_Phil, on Mar 5 2012, 07:37 PM, said:

I for one did play it through the beta...did most of the things to do. All of those things are readily available for FSX, with payware aircraft that are really worth paying for lol.

Or just buy Accufeal and have all the effects for all your aircraft....

#77 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostDr...Watson, on Mar 9 2012, 03:37 PM, said:

Or just buy Accufeal and have all the effects for all your aircraft....

Do you mean from A2A Simulations? If so, absolutely. I am a huge supporter of their products...best thing on the market!

#78 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostJetset, on Mar 10 2012, 12:23 AM, said:

Well I've bought the Hawaiian pack and the Maule.
And I'm looking forward to Alaska and everything else that comes along after that.  :hrmm:
I'm in the position that I was never interested in flying GA aircraft in FSX or FS9 so to have a new "sim" where these are the only planes I can fly (at the moment?) gives me a whole new forced perspective, if that makes sense.

I'm loving it.  B)

I'll admit I really like Flight too, but I can't switch over to it until ATC and AI get added.

Also the current DLC is too expensive for me. Can't buy anything. I really hope for a Hawaii+Alaska bundle with a discount.

#79 AlexKitch

AlexKitch

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'll consider taking a look at Flight when they release some UK DLC.

Even when that does happen, I'm still unlikely to take a look because it will predictably focus on London and nothing else, but Microsoft aren't alone on that one - the entire concept of the UK seems to revolve around London, as if it's the only city in the country.

#80 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Also can someone tell me what exactly the Hawaiian Adventure Pack includes? I know it includes all Hawaii islands and the Vans RV-6A, but Microsoft says it also includes extra missions and challenges.