5 replies to this topic

#1 TheSkyIsTheLimit

TheSkyIsTheLimit

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

I had the chance today to give the new MS Flight a shot..

On our website, I've posted a review with videos and screen shots.. you can find it here:

http://tech-stew.com.....28video).aspx

The general gist was that I was a bit disappointed.  It did not feel like a simulator to me at all, more arcade like than anything and extremely limited out of the box.  Graphically it ran very well on high/maximum settings, which was a bonus, but even with that, the default graphics were not as good as some add-ons for FSX, though better than the default FSX graphics, especially water textures.

#2 TheSkyIsTheLimit

TheSkyIsTheLimit

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

A few other notes I've added to the review:

TrackIR integration doesn't seem to be working at this time, however Eyefinity was working fine, though at around 22-27 fps at 5040x1050 on "high" settings (no maximums set).

Completion of the first mission in the out-of-box experience (obe) results in, another mission, no ability for free flight/play.

Edited by TheSkyIsTheLimit, 29 February 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#3 SamYeager

SamYeager

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostTheSkyIsTheLimit, on Mar 1 2012, 04:21 AM, said:

Completion of the first mission in the out-of-box experience (obe) results in, another mission, no ability for free flight/play.

The two first two  missions are compulsory. After that free flight mode is available. Not one of Microsoft's better decisions IMO.

#4 TheSkyIsTheLimit

TheSkyIsTheLimit

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostSamYeager, on Mar 1 2012, 01:12 AM, said:

The two first two  missions are compulsory. After that free flight mode is available. Not one of Microsoft's better decisions IMO.

Ah noted, thanks.. Yeah thats not the swiftest decision by MS for sure.

#5 n4gix

n4gix

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostTheSkyIsTheLimit, on Mar 1 2012, 12:00 PM, said:

Ah noted, thanks.. Yeah thats not the swiftest decision by MS for sure.
FWIW, the majority of us on the beta team suggested in very firmly that they should have an entry screen similar to that of FSX, where the user has the OPTION to bypass the two "Introductory Lessons" and get straight to the full UI menu.

#6 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postn4gix, on Mar 1 2012, 03:02 PM, said:

FWIW, the majority of us on the beta team suggested in very firmly that they should have an entry screen similar to that of FSX, where the user has the OPTION to bypass the two "Introductory Lessons" and get straight to the full UI menu.

and yet they didn't do it????? NO WAY!!!!