#1 MattyT

MattyT

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hey there,

I am a budding pilot who's barely had a few hours under his belt. With flight training prices STARTING in excess of $250.00 per hour at my local aerodrome, I decided to buy Flight Simulator X to brush up on some of my theory and get a bit more familiar with different types of aircraft. Like any student pilot, I'm playing around with a Cessna 172SP.

Problem is, you don't have to fly for long in reality to realise (at least in my case) that the simulator is nothing like the real deal. Obviously, unless you want to spend a lot of money, you don't get any resistive pressure on the joystick or yoke, or pedals or anything for that matter. That may make a few things a little different such as trimming, but I'm finding that even on the LOWEST settings, my aircraft is FAR too responsive. The thing handles like a F/A-18 - and then some. Pushing down full on left or right rudder yaws the aircraft around like it was a pinwheel and the slightest shake of your hand will start the aircraft banking 3 or 4 degrees.

Currently, I'm using an old Microsoft Sidewinder 2 and a new set of CH Pro Rudder Pedals, on a Windows 7 machine. Is there anything I can do to make the 'real as it gets' expereince a little more realistic? The null zone isn't exactly what I want, it's more just putting a cap on the extremes of the flight controls. Seriously, I don't even bother trying to counter my banks with my rudder pedals because if I do, the aircraft just skids out of control.

I can post a video on Youtube if I'm not describing my problem well enough. Any ideas?

#2 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Don't let the name fool you, it's not a simulator..  it's a game.

As far as the control sensitivity, you can adjust those in your control assignments under the options menu

#3 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

How to adjust MS Flight joystick sensitivity