43 replies to this topic

#21 divemaster08

divemaster08

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

I am really considering getting this now then! The boys at LM are really doing wonders to what FSX should of been!

As long as my Sceneries, complex add-on aircraft, ActiveSky and Squawkbox can be ported over, then good bye FSX!

Also I would presume FSUIPC would be able to be ported across?

#22 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

This could be the saviour, if all the stuff they are doing works out, they are going to make a killing  :hrmm:

#23 Sharpy59

Sharpy59

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

So does this have any disadvantages over FSX? Or is it simply FSX that works, and will continue to work better when V2.0 comes out? The idea of FSX that properly supports multiple cores as well as DX11 is simply amazing

#24 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Right now, it is just fsx, slight change to menu system, same performance etc. it's the potential that is interesting.

#25 jeff_w_YEG

jeff_w_YEG

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

This looks pretty good...I might have to give it a try.

Jeff @ YYC

#26 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

If it is an FSX that works stable, has developer support and potential for upgrades, bug fixes and improvements...I'm sold.....downloading now

#27 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

I couldn't wait for those silly videos to load so I headed over to YouTube. I think I'm in love. With the game, of course. It's amazing. :hrmm:

#28 divemaster08

divemaster08

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Just a request here but any 1 else got this yet? Any issues your experiencing with it with any compatibility issues?

#29 Sharpy59

Sharpy59

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Only issue i've had is not getting my license for the sim reset after i got my new pc.... i e-mailed their licensing department 4 times over the past month and PM'd staff on their forums, all met with no reply what so ever and no reset license :/ so I am unable to play it unfortunately.

#30 divemaster08

divemaster08

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

well that sucks.

However do you find that all your addons work? are they easily transferable?

#31 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I did install Prepar3D after I seen that Flightsim Estonia released a new tool that takes all of the guesswork out of installing my FSX addons, both payware and freeware, including EZCA/TrackIR, Carenado, Flight1, sceneries by Orbx and Aerosoft.
I haven't installed the NGX yet, but others have without any problems.  
They will be releasing an update soon that will remove some problems using registered versions of FSUIPC, then I will install the NGX into Prepar3D.
The tool is called FSX to Prepar3D Migrator and it only costs around $12.  Well worth it and their support is great.

FSX2P3D Migrator

I just got an email that says that Flightsim Estonia has updated FSX2P3D Migrator to fix the problems with FSUIPC.  Like I say, their support is great.  :hrmm:

Edited by FSXman, 09 May 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#32 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

can I get some feed boack if its a good idea to be purchasing it for "potential"? if not should I wait until I see the potential?.  In terms of potential i'm talking about performance increase.  I'm convinced enough the compatibility for the PMDG aircraft seems promising, it is the performance that I'm willing to dish out on.  Let me know!

#33 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

I just started using it, but I don't see a great improvement over FSX.  The potential for P3D is great since LM is actively working on it, so I'm going to stick with it.
I had FSX tuned pretty good until I installed some crappy addons that corrupted it and I had to uninstall it.  I almost never got OOM errors with FSX, but I'm getting them after 30 minutes of flying with P3D.
Granted, I have some tuning up to do with P3D, but right now I don't see the improvement over FSX.

#34 divemaster08

divemaster08

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

All you Prepar3d dudes, got another Q for ya.

Is this coded from Acceleration pack? Or just FSX? Been watching carrier landings and now wanna try them again but don't want to install Acel as its will mess with many products.

#35 tomdoc

tomdoc

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Hi All,

does prepar3d have all the extras like fsx in terms of the following

1. active jetways
2. moving trucks ect at defult airports and well as add on aircraft
3. AES support

cheers

Tom

#36 Mumbles

Mumbles

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

View Posttomdoc, on 24 May 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

Hi All,

does prepar3d have all the extras like fsx in terms of the following

1. active jetways
2. moving trucks ect at defult airports and well as add on aircraft
3. AES support

cheers

Tom

I think they removed all the moving crap like that. P3D is meant to be a training ad, not a flight sim for people to play pretend pilot in so I am betting they removed it. AES might work though, and I think GSX was made for P3D and FSX.

#37 Capt_Gabe

Capt_Gabe

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

I just bought the Academic version, and while I agree with the comments about future hope etc, I have to say I'm very disappointed with it out of the box, its not much different from FSX, my performance is rotten (6-12 FPS in the default startup flight, ok, I may be able to get that better when I get some time to doodle), theres only a few aircraft, the scenery looks like default FSX, it reminds me of my first FSX install experience so I'm going to the pub now to get over that.

#38 Drak

Drak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

I have to agree with Gabe here.
Performance is extremely poor (had to put settings LOWER than FSX on DX10 to get anything resembling decent FPS), calling up ATC destroys all antialiasing, ATC window isn't transparent, ATC window eats up all keystrokes, not just relevant ones.

And this on my Core i-7, nvidia GTX680 machine.. I hope version 2.0 brings real improvements or someone can come up with some ways to make this faster.

#39 divemaster08

divemaster08

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Anyone with the academic copy able to get me a shot of the watermark to see what kind of size it is? Really want to think about this purchase again.

#40 Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

The water mark is nothing more than the words 'Academic License'  and if you are in Window mode it is on the far right of the FS taskbar (the taskbar where you have drop-down lists such as Flights, Aircraft, World, etc, just like FSX).  So it is not even in the "play area" of the sim.  No obstuction whatsoever and the font size is the same as the taskbar choices.  A lot to do about nothing IMHO.

P3D is THE way to go guys.  For me it's good-bye to FSX.  The future of flight simming is P3D.  The future is here!

Edited by Clutch Cargo, 18 September 2012 - 12:56 PM.