#1 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

oh that's right.... no one cares  :hrmm:

a p-40? my comment on the flight website says it all.....

#2 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I haven't read the announcement, so excuse me if my posts comes off a bit brash.

I bet it's a POS model. I bet it has no panel or virtual cockpit, the sound is off or borrowed from another, non-similar prop aircraft. Of course this is Microsoft, we shouldn't expect something  viable.

#3 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Why do we even bother about this anymore .... :hrmm:

Also: the Flight section of the Screenshots sure has gotten a huge traffic surge! B)

#4 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

What is this Flight thing nobody's talking about?  :hrmm:

#5 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostDr_Phil, on Apr 23 2012, 08:00 PM, said:

Why do we even bother about this anymore .... :hrmm:

Also: the Flight section of the Screenshots sure has gotten a huge traffic surge! B)
Give it time... That's a joke.

#6 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Microsoft needs to learn that abandoning a modding community like they did is not a good idea. They abandoned their loyal users by trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator and it blew up in their face. I hope they lose a ton of money because the entire project was poorly managed from the get-go.

#7 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

P-40, isn't that another WWII war plane? Isn't this like the third already? I want the Cessna back, and if possible also with a cockpit, heck even a 2D cockpit.

#8 _TW_

_TW_

First Class Member\Screenshot Hotshot of 2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

You're gonna have to pay extra for that 2-D panel niteye  :hrmm:

#9 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

Confirmed on the website; no cockpit.

#10 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostChaoticBeauty, on Apr 26 2012, 06:50 AM, said:

Confirmed on the website; no cockpit.

What a joke.

#11 American Eagle

American Eagle

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

"Famous for its “shark mouth" paint jobs, the P-40 was one of the most popular Allied fighter planes in WWII. This classic aircraft's agility makes it ideal for tests of maneuverability such as collecting Aerocaches. The version in Microsoft Flight is the P-40B, with a 1000 HP in-line V-12 engine and a top speed of over 300 knots. No cockpit view is included."

Actually it's good that there is no cockpit.  Again, children would not buy/download the add-on if there was a cockpit view showing all the detailed instruments.  To them, it's not video game status.  They want the plane already started so that they can just hit full throttle and fly, thinking that they are real pilots.

#12 Tobe-le-Rone

Tobe-le-Rone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

But i cannot understand the strategy. On the one hand you have these incomplete aircraft without cockpit and I agree with American_Eagle here.

On the other hand there's the Maule with great quality detail and a checklist that automatically ticks off once you did the appropriate action and goes to the next item. It will even indicate where the switch is located. I found this great for learning purposes.

Do you think they have completely abandoned this line of development?

#13 American Eagle

American Eagle

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostToeBee, on Apr 26 2012, 03:15 PM, said:

But i cannot understand the strategy. On the one hand you have these incomplete aircraft without cockpit and I agree with American_Eagle here.

On the other hand there's the Maule with great quality detail and a checklist that automatically ticks off once you did the appropriate action and goes to the next item. It will even indicate where the switch is located. I found this great for learning purposes.

Do you think they have completely abandoned this line of development?

Ummm... the devs are sitting back there laughing and getting drunk while watching their stocks.  Obviously they had found a way to skyrocket the Microsoft market, but also hurting former simmers.  Money talks, sim is dim.

And btw, American Eagle.  :hrmm:

#14 CaptainSpeaking

CaptainSpeaking

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

So, Microsoft's Flight Simulator has come to this?

A sad and tragic end after 30 awesome years of history.

#15 flowmp

flowmp

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#16 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

I just looked the plane up. It doesn't look bad. If this were FS2002 we were talking about. I haven't touched a 3D development program in at least 5 years, but I'm quite positive I could come up with a better model, and I wasn't very good at 3D modeling. I could do very well with the texture maps. Like someone else said, 30 years of glory gone to the dumpster. Let us embrace X Plane and Prepar3d.

Edited by SwitchFX, 29 April 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#17 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

i use rhino 3d, 3ds max, and cinema 4d..  i could literally make a much better model with 3d cockpit and animations..... in two weeks, in spare time.  the stuff they're putting out is garbage. there's MUCH better freeware for fsx......

#18 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

I think we should stop beating the dead horse. Microsoft doesn't give a :hrmm: about the community it has left behind, and they like every company in the western world have now adopted the "WE NEED ALL THE MONEY" strategy.

Its a load of crap. This sub forum should be deleted and we should forget this every came out B)

#19 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Postjcovelli, on Apr 29 2012, 11:07 AM, said:

i use rhino 3d, 3ds max, and cinema 4d..  i could literally make a much better model with 3d cockpit and animations..... in two weeks, in spare time.  the stuff they're putting out is garbage. there's MUCH better freeware for fsx......
Why three? Do you split the work between the three? I've always been comfortable using one program for modeling, rigging and mapping.

#20 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on Apr 29 2012, 05:07 PM, said:

Why three? Do you split the work between the three? I've always been comfortable using one program for modeling, rigging and mapping.

i design boats.. and yachts. i do all the technical modeling and hull design in rhino..  then import to either max or c4d (mostly c4d) for rendering and all the visual stuff. i have max... pretty much just to learn it.... kind of a add to the resume type deal.  i greatly prefer c4d though... so much faster and easier.

i just started a coroflot profile.. i have a few things there.  working on a website....  
http://www.coroflot....idual_id=437573

Edited by jcovelli, 29 April 2012 - 10:48 PM.