3 replies to this topic

#1 AlexKitch

AlexKitch

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Are you guys *finally* ready to see some airliners in MS Flight?

Well... it seems Microsoft have heard your cries, and.. promptly ignored them.  Yeah it's another warbird :/

https://news.microso...posts/3309.aspx

Don't shoot the messenger! >_<

#2 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostAlexKitch, on 15 May 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Are you guys *finally* ready to see some airliners in MS Flight?

I'm going to shoot you just for that.

#3 Heimi77

Heimi77

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

The Community Manager released a comment to this a few weeks ago. It was already planned many month before the release of Flight that these cockpitless warbirds will be shipped as DLC.
Also at least the next 3 sceneries are already developed and in the pipeline.

The release of the Alaska DLC will tell us in which direction Flight is heading. Will it go ahead like this or will they change the philiosophy?

View PostAlexKitch, on 15 May 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Are you guys *finally* ready to see some airliners in MS Flight?....

Well a employee from Boeing said in a forum or blog somewhere (can`t find it again) that MS visited the Boeing factory in Everett abou 1 1/2 year ago to take photos of the 787.

Maybe this is a hint for future DLC?
And ito anticipate the jokes comming: Maybe it`s a cockpitless 787? Posted Image

Edited by Heimi77, 15 May 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#4 AlexKitch

AlexKitch

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostHeimi77, on 15 May 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Well a employee from Boeing said in a forum or blog somewhere (can`t find it again) that MS visited the Boeing factory in Everett abou 1 1/2 year ago to take photos of the 787.

Maybe this is a hint for future DLC?
And ito anticipate the jokes comming: Maybe it`s a cockpitless 787? Posted Image

I'd like to think so, all joking aside, but ultimately it's still not the right answer.  Microsoft should have made a fantastic new flight *simulator* with a super slick marketplace and invited third parties like PMDG to come and do their magic for a small license fee/sales cut.  Microsoft get a slice of the pie they so obviously crave, the simmers are happy, the third parties are happy.

I actually like Microsoft, but if there's a wrong way to do something, they'll do it.  Why any company would sabotage a perfectly profitable IP to try and build a new one that was never even guaranteed to find a market is just beyond me.