- - - - -

What do you like to see in a Virtual Airline?

virtual airline va airline airline news feedback fsx fs2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 CloverAirways

CloverAirways

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hello,

In the upcoming months (most likely over the summer), a few friends and I are going to open a virtual airline. It's currently under development, with most of the design and forum set up.

We'd like to hear from opinions from the FS community on what you like to see in a virtual airline, what would make you join one over another etc..

Please leave your feedback!

Thanks,
Joseph.

#2 spambot2

spambot2

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Realistic fleet, realistic route network, staff that are knowledgeable in the VA's aircraft and IFR procedures. Charts and basic documentation for the routes and aircraft provided.

#3 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I am satisfied with five or six virtual airlines that I am currently flying for.

However, I always believe that any virtual airline offering COMBINATION of scheduled timetable routes and free flights will have better chance to survive than any virtual airline offering scheduled timetable routes.

Good luck to your VA!!!

Aharon

#4 tvieno

tvieno

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Give the pilots something to do.  It is one thing to say, "Here are the planes, there are the routes, now go fly them."  If I wanted that, I wouldn't join a VA.  Highlight destinations, have fly-in or online events (Multiplayer, VATSIM, IVAO for example).  And have TeamSpeak or some voice chat service.

#5 CloverAirways

CloverAirways

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postspambot2, on 20 May 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Realistic fleet, realistic route network, staff that are knowledgeable in the VA's aircraft and IFR procedures. Charts and basic documentation for the routes and aircraft provided.

Thanks for the feedback!

We plan to start off with a small fleet of about 4 aircraft with a couple of hubs. We're currently planning the routes so let us know if you'd like to see any route set up!

Providing charts is what we wanted to do from the beginning. Links to helpful charts will be posted in the forum and updated regularly.

Thanks,
Joseph.

#6 CloverAirways

CloverAirways

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Posttvieno, on 21 May 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Give the pilots something to do.  It is one thing to say, "Here are the planes, there are the routes, now go fly them."  If I wanted that, I wouldn't join a VA.  Highlight destinations, have fly-in or online events (Multiplayer, VATSIM, IVAO for example).  And have TeamSpeak or some voice chat service.

We hope to host a lot of events to keep the user active. We're also going to advertise VATSIM and IVAO events on our website and our Twitter account!