#1 529RC

529RC

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this so bare with me. I've been trying to create and add an airport into FSX using every program imaginable, but the outcome is always failure. I'm not trying to do anything extravagant, just a grass strip my buddy owns down the road from where i live. If there's anyone out there kind enough to take on this task it would be greatly appreciated. I would post a picture of the strip via Google earth, but as i said before i'm new to this web site and haven't quite figured all that out yet. I'll be happy to provide any information such as dimensions and what not, along with the Google earth photo to anyone who is willing to take on this task.
   Thank you.

#2 Tobe-le-Rone

Tobe-le-Rone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Welcome to the forum!

This is what you need. I'm sure you can work with that:

http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

#3 529RC

529RC

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thank you, but i have tried this program before and had no luck :hrmm:. I appreciate the response and the warm welcome though!

#4 Mumbles

Mumbles

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

View Post529RC, on 10 August 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this so bare with me. I've been trying to create and add an airport into FSX using every program imaginable, but the outcome is always failure. I'm not trying to do anything extravagant, just a grass strip my buddy owns down the road from where i live. If there's anyone out there kind enough to take on this task it would be greatly appreciated. I would post a picture of the strip via Google earth, but as i said before i'm new to this web site and haven't quite figured all that out yet. I'll be happy to provide any information such as dimensions and what not, along with the Google earth photo to anyone who is willing to take on this task.
   Thank you.

It's a few days old, but here you go. If the strip is on google earth then use sbuilderx as shown in this video to take the sat image and compile it as a bgl and place it inside fsx. If this does work (and it should) then head over to fsdeveloper which has a wiki full of tutorials on scenery design and a forum you can post your questions in.