No replies to this topic

#1 boofhead

boofhead

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I am running a three-screen display using two PC (Windows XP).  The master runs two monitors, the instructor station and flight instruments.  The second PC runs the visuals on three screens through a Matrox converter.  It uses Ver 9.6.

I need to replace one of the PCs and want to use a different model so I loaded Xplane version 9.21 but it does not recognize the particular airplane models I use on the master machine, even though I loaded them in the same places and the same manner as before.

I thought that Ver 9.2 might not work with these models so I upgraded it to the latest version, 9.7.  It comes up as a demo program but it has caused the old 9.2 version to stop working.  When I select the old version it tells me it does not recognize any airplane files and shuts itself down.

The new version 9.7 does not recognize the airplane files, even though they are there and in the Aircraft folder.  The olde vesion did at least see them, even though it would not allow me to run them.  This version does not see them at all.  Is it restricted because it is a demo version?  How can I get a full version of 9.6?  How can I make the program recognize my airplane files?

I don't remember having any trouble inserting new airplanes into the 9.6 version I was using, why would this version be different?

And in addition, in the new version, under rendering options I wanted to select the IOS on second monitor on same video card, but when I press that button a dialog pops up telling me Xplane has a problem and needs to shut down, which it does.

So I am effectively dead in the water.

If anyone has ideas, please tell me, and include instructions please!