- - - - -

Any way to change AI traffic during flight?

AI

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rbwaus

rbwaus

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm totally new here, but not to aviation, flight sim, or programming. I've started a new project that needs to use FSX as a Tower out-the-window viewport for an ATC simulator. FSX's ability to manage and display AI traffic is perfect for my needs, except that it appears that one can only create AI traffic flightplans at the start of a run, with no manual control over that traffic's behavior afterwards. I need some way to, say, change an AI aircraft's heading manually and have FSX's flight model automatically cause that AI aircraft to turn to the new heading.

So my question(s) for this forum: Does anyone know of any package out there that might enable such run-time AI traffic manipulation? Or has anyone here managed to "hack" into the run-time AI parameters (target altitudes, headings, next fixes, etc.) where I can perhaps experiment with such manipulation? Otherwise, I'll have to build my own traffic movement sim that injects AI traffic into FSX using its multiplayer mode in real-time, and I'm not particularly excited about the work involved in doing that, given that FSX already has 90% of it all done for me.

Thanks!

Also tagged with AI